Testing for the Calif. BSIS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Testing for the Calif. BSIS

I am new to this site and need some information. I've been a manager in retail security for many years and have decided to start my own company.
    I am looking to test for the PPO license and have received the California BSIS handbook. I called the BSIS and tried to ask about the testing and they were no help at all. Is there any advice on how to study this material? How long is the exam? What types of questions are there? How in depth is the test? Do I have to memorize every code? I am not looking for the answers to the test, but just some suggestions or test sample. This is new territory and a little overwhelming to get started with. Any helpful tips and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Originally posted by RPS
    I am new to this site and need some information. I've been a manager in retail security for many years and have decided to start my own company.
    I am looking to test for the PPO license and have received the California BSIS handbook. I called the BSIS and tried to ask about the testing and they were no help at all. Is there any advice on how to study this material? How long is the exam? What types of questions are there? How in depth is the test? Do I have to memorize every code? I am not looking for the answers to the test, but just some suggestions or test sample. This is new territory and a little overwhelming to get started with. Any helpful tips and advice would be greatly appreciated.
    I took my PPO test around Aug/Sept. if you paid the initial testing fee then you will recieve study materials i.e. the security guard act and one other book. The test is given by Thomson prometric. The exam itself is easy enough if you actually study the material. It's all on computer, multiple choice and they give you 2 or 3 hours. They give you some questions several times but are worded differently. They give you the results right then and there so that's cool.

Warning : if you have a 1500 appointment, you better be there at 1500 or they won't let you in...and you better have your ID 'cause they won't let you in.

Good luck to you....

should you pass, do yourself a favor and get yourself livescanned right away. I totally forgot that step which held up my app.
    The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes ?

www.patrol4u.com

sigpic

Comment

Preprare to wait 3 or more months to get your PPO after you've passed the test.

Any information related to the test or how it is taken is classified, so PPO holders can't share that informatiom.

Comment

Originally posted by SJPA-Agency
        Preprare to wait 3 or more months to get your PPO after you've passed the test.
        You can call Sacramento after you finish all of your steps.... once they give you the PPO number(you just want the number, the hard copy is irrelevant.), you can start knocking on doors..
        Last edited by gonzo1510; 02-05-2007, 01:45 AM. Reason: spelling
        The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes ?

www.patrol4u.com

sigpic

Comment

Yeah, but for them to process your license will still take quite some time.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
          Working...
          X