Hello All

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello All

I have been working in the security field off and on for 20 years. I live in south central PA and have worked in several parts of the state for special events. I am also an EMT and work for a Ambulance Co. I have my 235 (armed) certificate for 15 years. Currently I am working for a private agency. One of the ideas that I have supported and poushed for at many sites is the more training and team building. I often wonder if the security feild wouldn't be better off served if we were to have more public safety training and a title change to safety officer. Sort of a more bang for the buck idea. Well thats it for the moment.

Ever-ready

Welcome
    "Gun control, the theory that 110lb. women have the "right" to fistfight with 210lb. rapists. " Author Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by ever-ready
      I have been working in the security field off and on for 20 years. I live in south central PA and have worked in several parts of the state for special events. I am also an EMT and work for a Ambulance Co. I have my 235 (armed) certificate for 15 years. Currently I am working for a private agency. One of the ideas that I have supported and poushed for at many sites is the more training and team building. I often wonder if the security feild wouldn't be better off served if we were to have more public safety training and a title change to safety officer. Sort of a more bang for the buck idea. Well thats it for the moment.

Ever-ready
      Ever-ready:
      Welcome indeed.
      Your perceptions are indeed correct, the security community is moving more and more in that direction given the post 9/11 environment. There will be more of a change toward more public safety and security as public law enforcement efforts are channelled in that direction. It does not take sagacity to discern these changes. More and more will be expected of security companies and the days of job requirements of "see lightning - hear thunder" are numbered. The Warm Body Companies will be dragged struggling and screaming into the new era or disappear entirely. Typical clients whose only wish is to have someone warm to the touch are likewise numbered. The downside, if there is one will be we in this profession will have to know more and be able to do more than ever before. It is reminiscent of the early days of private security, ante-public law enforcement when businesses, groups of individuals or wealthy patrons established their own security or law enforcement agencies.
      Enjoy the day,
      Bill
      Enjoy the day,
      Bill

Comment

See, this is a normal introduction. As compared to the bot introducing itself recently.

Anyway, on "safety officer." This is already an established title in ICS/HIMS. That, and it comes close to "Public Safety Officer," which some folks don't want to have associated with them for fear of impersonating a law enforcement officer.

Honestly, Tennessee calls the entire industry "Private Protective Services," and regulates it as such. I've seen "Protection Officer" from companies, which generally fits what security does.

If your outfit or you personally is pushing for expanded role in EMS, then perhaps a push for security companies to become full private Public Safety organizations recongized as such (EMS/Fire/Private Police) In your state would be useful.
        Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
        Working...
        X