New kid from FL here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New kid from FL here

Just getting into the security field. Im 18 years old, currently working unarmed security for Mcroberts Maritime Security in the Port of Tampa. Hoping to eventualy make this my career. Anyways, just thought I'd introduce myself.

Welcome from Fort Lauderadale & all of Miami-Dade County

Comment

Unarmed security at Port of Tampa? Let me guess, you're guarding gasoline depots. Be advised that the police won't respond to problems inside the gate, btw... They know that they have to turn their radios off, and they won't do it.
      Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Actually I work the cruise ship terminals. Tampa Port Authority has their own security guards, McRoberts sub-contracts for the cruise ship terminals. Oh, and every cruise line (Carribian, Disney, whatever) also has their own security people come down and screen the bording process. All three branches have armed and unarmed guards, and there are also sheriff deputies onsite when there are cruise ships coming in or leaving. How completely logical and efficient huh?

Comment

I drove by the cruise ship area once when i got lost downtown, talk about a zoo! Too many people for me!

Comment

Originally posted by Valentine
            Just getting into the security field. Im 18 years old, currently working unarmed security for Mcroberts Maritime Security in the Port of Tampa. Hoping to eventualy make this my career. Anyways, just thought I'd introduce myself.
            Valentine:
            What are your career goals and how do you intend to get there?
            Education is a key element here. I am not suggesting you buck the system, but always keep Virgil's works in mind, "That, that is, need not be just because it was."
            Never let yourself down. Be true to yourself!
            Enjoy the day,
            Bill

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
            Working...
            X