Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Wisconsin

Hello to all.

I'm a former police officer, sheriff deputy, FPA agent, railroad PO and currently work as a Special Investigator for the Wisconsin Curcuit Court. I also work part-time as a private investigator and tactical response officer/supervisor for a tactical security company in the Milwaukee area.

Anyone else from Wisconsin here?
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

~~George Orwell.

Ah, you're a peace officer, that explains it.
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
      Ah, you're a peace officer, that explains it.
      Former police officer. I last worked in law enforcement in 1998. More money in the private sector and a lot less BS. Been a judge appointed investigator since 2001. I don't have any arrest powers except when I'm working for a judge.
      "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

~~George Orwell.

Comment

I'm referring to Peace Officer Status as it applies to concealed carry in Wisconsin. Not police officer.

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

I'm allowed to carry a CCW only while I'm working on a case for a judge. Otherwise I'm not allowed to carry a CCW unless I have special permission from the police chief or sheriff.

~~George Orwell.

Comment

You have to understand that Nathan comes from Florida and the cold North Country starts working on him this time of year.

Comment

Originally posted by Special Investigator
              I'm allowed to carry a CCW only while I'm working on a case for a judge. Otherwise I'm not allowed to carry a CCW unless I have special permission from the police chief or sheriff.
              Well, that sucks. ALTHOUGH, you could possibly qualify as you are "in fear of attack" from those you investigate.

Comment

Originally posted by ACP01
                You have to understand that Nathan comes from Florida and the cold North Country starts working on him this time of year.
                You be quiet. Its only 18 degrees outside, and 30 degrees in my office. I like the cold.

Comment

Hello and welcome.

Comment

Welcome, happy to see another cheesehead on the forum. Hey NA, what do they call the Floridians? The best nickname I could come up with would be "panhandlers" but that doesn't apply to everyone. I did live in Panama City area for a while, does that make me a "cheesy panhandler"?
                    Last edited by ff000525; 11-03-2006, 05:49 PM.

Comment

"Old People."

Comment

You be quiet. Its only 18 degrees outside, and 30 degrees in my office. I like the cold.
                        Bet he has on his plug in undies too.

Comment

You just tell 'em that they haven't lived until they experience a Wisconsin winter.

And thanks everyone for the warm welcome. It's greatly appreciated.

~~George Orwell.

Comment

Well, that sucks. ALTHOUGH, you could possibly qualify as you are "in fear of attack" from those you investigate.
                            As a former peace officer, and if we didn't have such a anti-gun, anti-2nd amendment governer as we do in "Diamond Jim" Doyle, former LEO's would be able to carry a CCW, let alone the citizens who qualify. Until we get rid of governer Doyle on Nov 7th, a CCW law will never happen here. President Bush signed a bill a few years ago that would allow former LEO's to carry CCW but the governer here refuses to recognize it.

I've put hundreds of people in jail over the years and yes, I worry about my safety from these clowns. I know of a few who are currently looking for me just for what I've done to them as a PI. Thats why I hide my exact location on everything from vehicle registration, utility bills, income tax records, etc.

~~George Orwell.

Comment

I know that my region is stupid, but the entire state refuses to recongize HR218? Insane. Even Jersey recongizes it. Even NYC.

I would really, really, like it if a moderate democrat or republican was elected to governor. The Party Line up here is annoying, both ways.

WHen I read the tired old retoric about "OK Corral" and the same old stuff about "bloodshed on the streets," I was like, "48 states with CCW, and people still believe this?"

Yes, they do. I heard on a public bus a group of people talking. One said tellingly, "You know, if you carry a gun, you're just asking for trouble."

Most of the blue collar workers I know are like, "Screw that. I'll just end it with my fists." Of course, "it" is usually a drunken brawl at the bar.

I live in a town where the middle schools have gang problems. Where 10 year olds are beaten to death by 16 year olds. But, according to the newspaper and the city government, everything is fine.

And then there's Racine.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X