Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• onefastaod
    replied
    I would think so too. At first I was kind of bummed because it seemed to be (in my training) largely a customer service type of job. But you just have to deal with the public directly alot, as opposed to a post in the middle of the woods, so therefore you need some customer service skills. We work closely with the Gainesville Police Department, so I hope this will help me in my pursuit of a law enforcement career.

Leave a comment:

• HotelSecurity
    replied
    Welcome.

You made a good choice working that type of security. I hire a lot of Police Technology students & they all say that working in the hotel gave them hands on experience they obviously don't get in school. I think shopping malls, hospital & school security would be similar.

Neil

Leave a comment:

• onefastaod
    started a topic Gainesville, FL

Gainesville, FL

I've been reading this forum for some time now, and figured that I should register and introduce myself. I recently obtained my first security position as a security officer part time at the local mall (Valor Security). I am currently studying Criminology and the University of Florida, and I intend on working in law enforcement after graduating. I am enjoying the site, and I look forward to contribting where I can.

-PSO S.Ruck

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X