Hello from Alabama.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Alabama.

I wasn't sure if I should post a new thread or not but I just wanted to introduce myself. I have been in private security and or law enforcement for the last 27 years. I work at a hydroelectric plant and dam therefore, I am a
    Dam Guard;-)

Welcome.
    We have a road nearby that goes over a local dam. Of course the road is called "The Dam Road". It is always fun to give directions to out of towners. "When you get to the light, turn left on The Dam Road." Unfortunately The Dam Road has been closed since shortly after 9/11.
    "Gun control, the theory that 110lb. women have the "right" to fistfight with 210lb. rapists. " Author Unknown

Comment

Welcome,

Are you a " good Dam Security Officer"?

Hydro Québec has a well organized in-house "Protection" department. They used to be "Special Constables" even patrolling some towns set up as the many hydro electric dams were being built in northern Quebec. I believe the Special Constable status has been taken away from them. (Their cars no longer have red flashers they've changed to yellow, which is usually a sign )
      I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
      Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Welcome

Welcome, Dam Guard. I lived in Northwest Alabama from '97 until '03. Pretty country, dam pretty!
        Richard Dickinson
        Dickinson Security Management Group, LLC
        DSMG Provides a Variety of Software Products and Consulting Services to the Contract Security Industry
        www.hrdickinson.com

Comment

Thanks for the welcome! This looks to be a very good forum.

Comment

It's a dam good forum. (Sorry couldn't resist!)
            I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
            Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Yes, it Dam sure is!

Comment

Welcome

Welcome Dam Guard.

Keep up the good work because we dam well need the water.

Comment

Hey Dam Security, how long have you been at your position? What's it

like working at your dam?
                  "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."
                  - Thomas Jefferson

“Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence.”
                  — Vince Lombardi

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

IX. Strive to attain professional competence.

Comment

Welcome

A few miles outside of Ottawa Ontario, there is a small village ( with a dam of course) that boasts on a sign at the city limits - best town by a dam site -
                    I doubt AAA tourism books have it listed
                    Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted.
                    Groucho Marx

Comment

Originally posted by FederalSecurity
                      Hey Dam Security, how long have you been at your position? What's it

like working at your dam?
                      I have been with this same company since 1987. I have been at this particular plant since 2001, I worked here once before in 1990. I have worked at 3 other hydro plants and dams besides the one I am at now. Sadly cameras have replaced security personel at most of the ones I used to work at. They were all smaller and more remote than the one I am at now. I actually observe these others via computer. This plant is still sort of remote but it has a fishing area that is open to the public. There is a good bit of wildlife in the area and I get to see some spectacular sunsets and sunrises along with other scenery. It is a great job and an excellent company.

Comment

Right now I am with the Security Force at Grand Coulee Dam, but I have

always been curious about other dams and the security forces that protect

them.
                        "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."
                        - Thomas Jefferson

“Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence.”
                        — Vince Lombardi

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

IX. Strive to attain professional competence.

Comment

Grand Coulee Dam. That would be interesting. I remember when I was a kid we learned a little song about the Grand Coulee.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X