Irish Make The Best Cops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

btt for the sales jerk
    "Gun control, the theory that 110lb. women have the "right" to fistfight with 210lb. rapists. " Author Unknown

Comment

I still live in Ireland.

In fact if you took that trip you would have ended up in my hometown (templemore)

All (Irish police officers) are trained here. In fact we have a 9:1 ratio of police officers to ordinary citizens. Worst town in the world to commit a crime in...

Comment

I read that the Garda are going through a few changes which the rank and file are not too happy about.

In particular the recruitment of Unpaid Reserve Officers.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishCop
          I read that the Garda are going through a few changes which the rank and file are not too happy about.

When you say Garda you mean the Irish Police? I ask because there is a large growing private security company based in Montreal that calls it'self Garda.
          I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
          Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Originally posted by HotelSecurity
            When you say Garda you mean the Irish Police? I ask because there is a large growing private security company based in Montreal that calls it'self Garda.
            Garda [can't type the rest] is the Irish police, in this reference, yes. I need to add that wiki link to the LE WikiProject sometime, too.
            Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

http://www.garda.ca/

Comment

An Garda Sêochána

I was referring to the Irish National Police as in

An Garda Sêochána

I would say that the private security company that you referred to from Montreal has taken its trading name from An Garda Sêochána.

The whole history of Policing in Ireland makes facinating reading, from the days of the Royal Irish Constabulary to the current Police Forces of An Garda Sêochána and the Police Service of Northern Ireland (PSNI) which was a result of a name change from the Royal Ulster Constabulary.

As a Canadian you would appreciate that many Police Forces throughout the world were founded on the structure of the Royal Irish Constabulary and one that comes to mind is the Royal Newfoundland Constabulary.

If you are browsing through the An Garda Sêochána Website and happen across the name Kathleen O'Toole, she was Commissioner of the Boston City Police and was recruited from there to do great things for An Garda Sêochána.

Anyhow, there you go.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishCop

They shut up when they realized their pay was going up by 20% as a sweetener.

Comment

Originally posted by cros13
                    They shut up when they realized their pay was going up by 20% as a sweetener.
                    They may have got a 20% pay increase but I don't think they have 'shut up'

Click Here for Information

Comment

Very Old Member - New User Name.

I have had numerous security problems with my email addresses as a result of using a shared computer and consequently had problems with my User ID's but the problem has been fixed and here I am again with my original User Name.

So, just to clarify that I'm not a new member, just an old one returning.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishGuard
                        Very Old Member - New User Name.

I have had numerous security problems with my email addresses as a result of using a shared computer and consequently had problems with my User ID's but the problem has been fixed and here I am again with my original User Name.

So, just to clarify that I'm not a new member, just an old one returning.
                        Welcome back.
                        Bill

Comment

Cead mile failte mo cara my name is Martin and i'm from Belfast, N. Ireland

Comment

Originally posted by MartinMc
                            Just got my reservations for the Holiday Inn in Belfast. Employee rate is neat, I'm saving 90%!!!! The wedding I'll be attending is in Cookstown, west of Belfast?

Comment

Just got my reservations for the Holiday Inn in Belfast. Employee rate is neat, I'm saving 90%!!!! The wedding I'll be attending is in Cookstown, west of Belfast?

Thats a nice rate you got there i'll be going back home in june for my brothers wedding. You might want to stop in at the crown bar in belfast its a nice old bar been there for decades i believe. If you like ice hockey we have our own team called the belfast giants they play their games in the oddessy centre, the centre also has nice bars, restaurants, imax and movie theatre.If you have time i would recommend going to the Giants Causeway, Walking along the carrick a rede rope bridge, Bushmills whiskey tour, Portrush town which has a great golf course (royal portrush) right on the water, go on the tour of belfast, day trip to Dublin (its a 2 hour drive). Just some of the things you could possibly do while your there. When i was living back home when my us friends would visit i would take them to the giants causeway and the rope bridge and they would be absolutely be blown away by it, they still talk about it to this day

Hope you have a great time

Slan
                              Martin

Comment

Originally posted by MartinMc
                                Hello Martin, I left dear old Belfast in the early 60's.

I used to live around the Ballyhackamore area.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X