Irish Make The Best Cops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irish Make The Best Cops

Hello Members, there's a saying that the Irish make the best Cops and to be sure there's enough of them serving in Police Forces around the world to ensure that the tradition continues.

I have been a Police Officer for going on 30 years and believe that the Private Security Industry, properly utilised, is one of the greatest Crime Prevention/Intelligence Resources available to Police.

It is for that reason that as a Police Officer, I promote a close liaison between Local Private Security Services and Police, particularly in Commercial, Retail and Industrial locations.

Anyhow, that's my intro and I will now have a bit of a browse through the Forums and check out the Threads.

Let me be the first to welcome you to the forum. I am part Irish somewhere in my lineage. Glad to see a new face, enjoy!
    "What if this is as good as it gets?" ~ Melvin Udall

Comment

Welcome Aboard
      I am 100% Scottish and have relatives on the Edinburgh and Glasgow police departments

http://www.scottish.police.uk/

What type of motor vehicle do you drive for your police services?
      Last edited by copelandamuffy; 10-28-2006, 10:33 AM.
      http://www.laurel-and-hardy.com/ Greatest Comedy team ever!

Comment

A cop who appreciates security is always welcome.
        Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Welcome, I have more first hand knowledge of Irish making great beer than making Police Officers, but look forward to your take on things. Oh, and I am 25% Irish if we go back to the 1800's.
          Last edited by Eric; 10-28-2006, 01:56 PM.
          Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted.
          Groucho Marx

Comment

Welcome. Where are you located? English is a minority in Montreal. A lot of the English speakers have Irish backgrounds so I have a lot of contact with Irish people, My wife is 50% Irish. (What a temper ).

Cope: My father was adopted so I have only been able to find where one of his parents are from but his natural father & my mother's father were from Scotland! (It must be in my blood, I love bagpipes!)
            I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
            Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric
              Welcome, I have more first hand knowledge of Irish making great beer than making Police Officers, but look forward to your take on things. Oh, and I am 25% Irish if we go back to the 1800's.
              Eric:
              The Germans had their beer and the Irish their Ale.
              The history of Police Departments in Boston and New York is interesting with Irish generation after generation.
              The Paddy Wagon comes directly from hauling Irish folk, a pejorative if there ever was one.
              Enjoy the day,
              Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Warnock
                Eric:
                The Germans had their beer and the Irish their Ale.
                The history of Police Departments in Boston and New York is interesting with Irish generation after generation.
                The Paddy Wagon comes directly from hauling Irish folk, a pejorative if there ever was one.
                Enjoy the day,
                Bill
                Nowadays that be profiling

Comment

IrishCops

Originally posted by Eric
                  Eric, we can be both great Police Officers and great Brewers.

This picture was taken just before the arrival of The Local Constabulary

Comment

Naughty Boys

Andy and I have been looking for Otis Cambell's still. Now we gotcha. You want me to load my bullet Andy?
                    Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

I defintely did learnt 2 new things about Irish ... for making good Cops and Beers. Thanks !

Comment

Comment

Are you located in Ireland? Years ago a Montreal association took a group of Catholic & Protestant young people from Ireland (North & South) & brought them here to Montreal to work together. With Montreal being a mainly French speaking city & being far away from "the troubles". The aim was to show the 2 groups of kids that they had more in common than they thought. It worked. My wife & I took in one of the kids & have kept in contact with him over the years. He has been back twice, he's a Grand Prix racing fan. We plan to go to Ireland in the spring for his wedding.
                          I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
                          Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Originally posted by HotelSecurity
                            Are you located in Ireland? Years ago a Montreal association took a group of Catholic & Protestant young people from Ireland (North & South) & brought them here to Montreal to work together. With Montreal being a mainly French speaking city & being far away from "the troubles". The aim was to show the 2 groups of kids that they had more in common than they thought. It worked. My wife & I took in one of the kids & have kept in contact with him over the years. He has been back twice, he's a Grand Prix racing fan. We plan to go to Ireland in the spring for his wedding.
                            Very good of you to open your home, and hearts to this young man. I think it is fantanstic that you are still that close to him.
                            "Gun control, the theory that 110lb. women have the "right" to fistfight with 210lb. rapists. " Author Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by HotelSecurity
                              Are you located in Ireland?.......

......We plan to go to Ireland in the spring for his wedding.
                              No, I left Ireland many years ago.

I have been back to Ireland for a holiday and it was a great experience to see the mother country again.

It was very decent of you to do what you did for those young people and you must be proud of the outcome.

There are some sorry tales from Northern Ireland and there are people there who have known nothing but violence since the day they were born.

Hopefully the current peace will last in Northern Ireland.

I hope you enjoy your trip to Ireland.

My favourite area is along the West Coast, up through Donegal, along the North Coast and then down through The Glens of Antrim.

I had a trip organised with the International Police Association but I pulled out at the last minute.

Anyhow, best wishes.
                              Last edited by IrishCop; 11-04-2006, 07:22 AM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X