New Member -New Business - Seeking Books & Business Plans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member -New Business - Seeking Books & Business Plans

Hello all, Brandon Wright here, looking to dive into starting my own Security Company, as I've run several recruiting firms in the past, and been in Construction Project Leads the last four years building a war chest to start a new company.

Always been the #1 Sales person wherever I went, and have over 20 years of selling and a strong technical low voltage partner to begin the business with, and I'm not bad with electrical, computers, speakers, etc but would really appreciate some insight into finding some good Intro to the Business type books, and even better would be some business plan outlines.

I have a solid financial backer, and my own six figure investment but would like to have a good business plan and some reading material before I begin writing my own business plan.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated, as long as they are constructive.

Brandon Wright

Not sure how I missed this when you posted, Brandon, but if you're looking for security books, you couldn't start off better than with one co-written by one of our own esteemed forum members, Curtis Baillie.

Effective Security Management, 6th ed., Charles Sennewald and Curtis Baillie, published by Butterworth-Heinemann.

The expertise that Sennewald and Baillie bring to the book and the breadth of the subject coverage are two reasons it was nominated as Security Book of the Year by ASIS International, which is the primary professional organization for the security field. The 6th edition came out in late 2015, so it's right up-to-date.

It's not a 25-cent pocket book, but spend a bit on this one and you can avoid buying a number of others. Once you get it in your hands, you'll see what I mean.

Here's the link to the book on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Effective-Sec.../dp/0128027746
    Last edited by SecTrainer; 07-16-2016, 10:09 AM.
    "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Comment

Sec Trainer, I appreciate the plug. Chuck and I are excited about the nomination and should hear within the next couple of weeks. If any SIW member purchases the book I would be pleased to sign it and can arrange for Chuck Sennewald to also sign.
      Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
      Co-Author - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
      Working...
      X