Hello from North of 60!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from North of 60!

I am near two months on as an overnight(graveyard) shift. It has been quite an adjustment for me doing 13 hrs shifts, generally `triple blocks'(3 in a row!)I am starting to get used to it, and I work in the local area, of Whitehorse, YT. I have lived here for over 10 years now, and am originally from Toronto.

There is light exercise on patrols, but the mental challenge of staying awake at this time really is a test! Music on the radio, some studying(cert. for Tour Guide). along with psychology texts,a and the very helpful book of "Verbal Judo".
    Another challenge is staying close to scheduling on `off days' or `mini vacations' as one site called them. The first two weeks were `killer'. I look forward to more assignments in this field.

I like the venerable term of `nightwatchman' or `nachtwachter', which dates back to 1233 in England. I have a background in technology(electrical and electronics), worked on construction sites electrical and fibre optics,several years in manufacturing, and around seven years as a CSR. A new frontier for me, though I have done some security work as a volunteer, for events.
    That's all for now, see you on the threads!
    NW
    Last edited by Nightwatchman61; 10-08-2015, 02:48 AM. Reason: addend, sp
    sigpic

Semper paratus!

Welcome to the forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Condo Guard View Post
      Welcome to the forum.

Thank you, CG, there looks to be some good reads here.
      sigpic

Semper paratus!

Comment

Originally posted by Nightwatchman61 View Post
        There is light exercise on patrols, but the mental challenge of staying awake at this time really is a test! Music on the radio, some studying(cert. for Tour Guide). along with psychology texts,a and the very helpful book of "Verbal Judo".
        Welcome, welcome. Props to you. If I listen to music or read books like that, I'm out. Audible books seem to help this guy.
        www.mygopatrol.com - GoPatrol Guard Tour System

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
          Welcome, welcome. Props to you. If I listen to music or read books like that, I'm out. Audible books seem to help this guy.
          Thank you, Jim! Right npw, I am reading a book by Clive Cusstler, Ghost Ship, which I find to be a good read, so far. As well, there is the "Looming Tower- The Road to 9/11, I search the Net for info about the security industry, like FreeRice trivia, in a couple of hours, or so, back to sleep, back on job at 9 this evening, to morn.
          later!
          sigpic

Semper paratus!

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
          Working...
          X