Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from the Netherlands

Hi everyone (men & women?),

I just discovered this forum and read most topic. I am from the Netherlands and works for 11yrs as a securityguard. Unfortunately it used to be a great job here but nowadays it looks like that the companies are recruting everyone who is unemployed while in the old days we use to take this job because we wanted it. Back then the salarys were better while most companies offer a low loan these and hire young people from 18 to 23 yrs old. I don't know what you guys earn but I have heard that law enforcment jobs like police, sucurity and ems are low paid jobs everywhere in the world while we have a lot responsibilties for the community and/or company who hired us. True or not? Luckily I have a second income so I can do some nice things with my family.

Regards,
    Rene

Welcome

Hello Rene from the Netherlands,

Welcome to the Security Forums.

Your frustration with the security industry probably mirrors that with the rest of the members of this Site.

The protective security industry is now very highly competitive and it really comes down to the lowest tenderer getting the job and the reason it's the lowest tender is probably because the security staff are going to be paid the lowest possible rates and then fired when the contract is finished.

That's business I guess and is probably the reason that you won't see many contract security guards qualify for long service leave or a pension.

I remember the days when large corporations employed their own security force and the security guards remained with that company until retirement, they were usually ex military.

Those days are gone and even government departments are now employing contract security rather than their own government security service. A typical example of this is the provision of security at military bases.

About the only saving grace for the protective security industry is that many governments are placing them under strict licence control and this may in turn maintain at least some degree of professionalism.

Comment

So true, I have seen that many colleques are gone and got a new job outside the security. Another prolem is that most companies are hiring us for lowering their anual fee for their insurrance so it doesn't matter if company X or company Z is staying there as long as their anual fees are low. Also the work itself had changed it more dedicated to public service than the real security work, don't you think

Comment

Hello Rene

Nice to see another security-officer from the Netherlands.

I work 15 years in security and working for the newly formed Trigion Security.

Greets/Groetjes

Maikel

Comment

Originally posted by boes1970
          Nice to see another security-officer from the Netherlands.

I work 15 years in security and working for the newly formed Trigion Security.

Greets/Groetjes

Maikel
          Same company, I liked the old NVD/Falck structure better

Comment

Originally posted by renevdw
            Same company, I liked the old NVD/Falck structure better

I don't have experience with those companies. I ended up with Prened du to a take over from Proguard Security. I didn't have bad experiences with Prened.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
            Working...
            X