new from Ontario

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new from Ontario

Hey all. My name is mark, and I'm from Toronto, Ontario. Currently I work in housing security. Used to work for Group 4 Falck in malls and colleges around the city. I plan on applying to the Ontario Provincial Police in the next year or so.
    Hope to talk to you all soon.

Cheers!
    ~Markus J
    Enforcement Division,
    Housing Enforcement unit,
    Delta Security
    http://www.deltasecurity.ca/

Welcome to the forums. I urge everyone to take a look at the website for this guy's employer. Its interesting, to say the least.

I know in most states in the United States, it'd be entered into evidence at the "conspiracy to impersonate official authority" or "conspiracy to impersonate a law enforcemente agency" trial.

We can get away with using the words "law enforcement" in some states if we preface it with "private." Even then, in other states, the words "law enforcement" is restricted to sworn governmental authority only.

Oh, its flash, and its pretty slick, too.
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Welcome mark, I do security In ottawa and I am down in toronto On occasion to do PPCT stuff.

welcome to the site
      Ben

Comment

Welcome aboard Mike. Great to see a fellow Canadian. Good luck with your application to the OPP!
        ========================================
        Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brain falls out! - Unknown

Comment

Yeah, the company takes the "look like police" look too far. By the way, every guard on the website is in direct violation of the Ontario Private Investigators and Security Guards Act, which states that each security guard must have a chest patch with the words "Security guard" on the outermost layer of clothing.

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
          Welcome to the forums. I urge everyone to take a look at the website for this guy's employer. Its interesting, to say the least.

I know in most states in the United States, it'd be entered into evidence at the "conspiracy to impersonate official authority" or "conspiracy to impersonate a law enforcemente agency" trial.

We can get away with using the words "law enforcement" in some states if we preface it with "private." Even then, in other states, the words "law enforcement" is restricted to sworn governmental authority only.

Oh, its flash, and its pretty slick, too.

Comment

Sad, pathetic, wanna-be's. I'm glad to see that the "wanna-be cops” phenomenon is not limited to the USA.

Comment

Hello mark. Join the gang here (oops, are we allowed to congregate in groups larger than two ). Glad to have your thoughts added to the board.
              "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." -Aristotle

Comment

Originally posted by aka Bull
                Hello mark. Join the gang here (oops, are we allowed to congregate in groups larger than two ). Glad to have your thoughts added to the board.
                I think the rule here is three. But no loitering!
                Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
                  I think the rule here is three. But no loitering!
                  Yikes, then I had better move on to my next post!
                  "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." -Aristotle

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X