Hi folks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi folks

My name is Mike, I am a Sergeant with Securitas about to be promoted to account manager (Captain). Worked for Valor before that and some private "in house" security malls, and a horse farm. Before security I was a maintenance mechanic for a textile plant in South Carolina, skills from there comes in handy at my current site.

I am a huge NASCAR fan and an avid bowhunter, I also bass fish, my new toy is my truck, 2005 Chevy Colorado Xtreme.

I have been reading the forum awhile and look forward to joining some of the great topics, one would be defending my employer

Welcome to the site.

I have a question. What do Lieutenants do at Securitas, if the Captain is the Account Manager?
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
      Welcome to the site.

I have a question. What do Lieutenants do at Securitas, if the Captain is the Account Manager?
      From my understanding each site is unique (chain of command), I myself know of no securitas Lieutenants, although there may be?

Comment

Lieutenats?

No Lt's? Kinda odd aint it?

But pretty good to go from Sgt to Captain, quite a feather in the hat. Congrats.

Comment

Originally posted by Cpt.Xtreme
          From my understanding each site is unique (chain of command), I myself know of no securitas Lieutenants, although there may be?
          Ok, so this is the "site captain" concept that we hear about? I've never worked for a company that promotes someone to O-3 for being the site supervisor before. Is this a multiple person per shift post?

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
            Ok, so this is the "site captain" concept that we hear about? I've never worked for a company that promotes someone to O-3 for being the site supervisor before. Is this a multiple person per shift post?

1st. Shift: One officer and client contact, the client contact is the internal security person not employed by securitas.

2nd Shift: Cpt. (account manager) and or Sgt. (shift supervisor) and two officers.

3rd shift: Sgt. (shift supervisor) and two officers.

12 officers on our current roster for our rotations

Comment

I can say from experience, that any private security firm can put lables on their officers as they see fit. I was a Captain with Securitas myself for a brief time. All that did was give me supervison over about 4 employees. (It was under the Burns branch though.)

That was about a year ago though. To be fair, many things could of changed within the company since then.

Comment

Originally posted by Ten32
                To be fair, many things could of changed within the company since then.
                The rank of Captain is given to the account manager. Now I am not sure but this may be because the manager works along side the officers.

Valor at Gurnee mills and all other mills malls falls like this:

Account Manager (Valor employee)
                Assistant Account Manager
                Lieutenant
                Sergeant
                Officer in Charge
                Officer

Hard to work together in my opinion with the above system. The account manager and assistant had their own offices, worked 8 to 3 and you RARELY saw them.

I even worked a private firm that had deputies

Comment

Originally posted by Cpt.Xtreme
                  My name is Mike, I am a Sergeant with Securitas about to be promoted to account manager (Captain). Worked for Valor before that and some private "in house" security malls, and a horse farm.
                  Did you do security at the horse farm? Can just see it now Mounted Security Actually I've heard of companies that offer that

Comment

We have Securitas as our contract company at the hospital. There is no rank among them.

There is a site lead (handles Securitas admin matters and finds manning for holes in coverage or special posts) who reports to the branch manager.

The officers work under the direction of the in-house shift they are assigned to. Neither the site lead, nor branch manager, have any operational control over them.
                    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." -Aristotle

Comment

Security Officer in Springfield illinois

I was hired for part-time armed guard at the Capitol. I passed all test and training. I was asked to quit my regular job and work for Securitas. I found out the contract for Securitas is only 6 months. I asked about sick time, vacation, raises and length of contract. Securitas trainer said "I dont Know". They hired me for part-time and when i completed training told me full-time or nothing. They knew the contract was good for only 6 months but tried to get me to quit my job anyway and work for them. They are a very sneaky company and would suggest everyone stay away.

Comment

Originally posted by gklinger
                        I was hired for part-time armed guard at the Capitol. I passed all test and training. I was asked to quit my regular job and work for Securitas. I found out the contract for Securitas is only 6 months. I asked about sick time, vacation, raises and length of contract. Securitas trainer said "I dont Know". They hired me for part-time and when i completed training told me full-time or nothing. They knew the contract was good for only 6 months but tried to get me to quit my job anyway and work for them. They are a very sneaky company and would suggest everyone stay away.
                        When I read posts like this I get upset. One branch of a major company did this & you write "They are a very sneaky company..." Maybe that one branch is but the whole company??? I'm not defending them but I work for a company that manages hotels belonging to 3 different chains. 2 of the hotels are next door to each other. We've had cases where guests have been mad, checked out telling everyone around them that they are never giving their business to abc hotel chain. They storm out & check in next door at our other hotel!
                        I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
                        Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

That's because everyone believes that huge corporations are the corporation, and not the branch.

Besides, I wouldn't bother applying for a Capital Security job. One man's already been killed there. They're unarmed, unprotected. They're being replaced with State Police Officers. That's not job security.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X