Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To anyone who holds or can obtain a Minnesota Security company license Please read

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To anyone who holds or can obtain a Minnesota Security company license Please read

'.................
    Last edited by SGTJosh; 01-28-2017, 07:41 AM.

Er, what?

So... Let me get this straight.

What you want to be is a consultant to a private security company in Minnesota. Draw a salary by telling them what to do. You must not have been in the business for long, since you cannot get a qualified agent certification from PDB.

I haven't been in the business for... years now. Yet, I can still go over to St. Paul and get a qualified agent certification for a security company. Why? Because I have the requisite experience in both business management and private security.

Since you can't get a PDB QA certification, you cannot "call the shots." You can be a co-owner all you want, but you cannot have direct managerial control over security personnel, you're not qualified.

There's some spattering of ... I don't know if you came up with this stuff yourself, or if you read my old posts, but there's some spattering of trivia in your giant run-on sentence that almost makes sense.

Any idiot with half a brain can write policy. Here's my question to you: If some security company decides to take you up on your (illegal) offer, how will you deal with such things as personnel management and morale and welfare? You can issue those 50 dollar uniform shirts with the 100 dollar badges all you want. The problem is, if they are making 10 dollars an hour, then the people you are putting into those nice shirts with the pretty badges don't give a crap about the shirt, the badge, or your company.

How will your new security company compete with 10-11 dollar billing rates?

Oh, and I did the "private secret service detail" thing too. Its not "private secret service," its simply plain clothes security. I wore a walkie talkie, with an ear piece, and had a microphone running down my sleeve. I made 20 dollars an hour doing it.

Hey, MN people?

1. I am certifiable as a qualified agent in the State of Minnesota with over 15 years experience in the areas of: Unarmed Security Supervision, Armed Security Supervision, Security Process Consulting, Plain Clothes Counter-Piracy Operations, General Business Management, Maritime Security Procedures, Petrochemical Facility Protection Operations, High Risk Residential Housing Operations, and am a S2 Institute graduate.

2. I am available for process consulting through my employer, Ground Zero Group Corporation, for reasonable hourly billing rates. My consulting services include auditing your security operations, preparing detailed reports on the audit, and suggesting modification and/or introduction of new policies and processes to maximize profits by focusing company operations on niche areas. These areas include a focus on active protection in lieu of passive observation, providing resources to residential and commercial clients to strengthen the relationship between the security company and the clients they serve, and providing secondary protection to the community surrounding clients for PR and marketing purposes.

Feel free to private message me about my rates, etc. I will also do process consulting for licensed companies or start-ups in the State of Wisconsin.
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Well,
      I would say he usually knows what hes talking about, but that would sell him short. I also would take you more seriously if you didnt write in one giant run on sentence.

Josh, i can say one thing for sure, and that would be that coming here with any kind of "i'm right and you are wrong" attitude wont fly.

I can say that your idea and attitude while admirable would make me as you the very same questions that have already been posed, and if you couldnt answer them any better than you already have, would have you packing from my site in a very short time.

I only say this because i am considered a softie, and i contract to a multinational corporation, who after my client reading this, said "this guy would have to prove to me he is better than all the other companies out there before i would buy any of this, and i dont see him addressing any of the important issues"

Learn from people here sir, that knowledge will only serve you in the endeavor you plan. I do wish you the best of luck, since this business needs all the professionalism it can get.

Comment

Originally posted by SGTJosh
        so You worked for Pinkerton Government accounts ?
        I did? This is news to me.

which by the way formed the real now day Secret service
        Actually, the secret service was formed under the Department of the Treasury. Lincoln hired Pinkertons for his private bodyguards because the US Government didn't provide any to the President (yet.)

Pinkertons were hired by the Department of Justice to investigate federal crimes, till the Anti-Pinkerton Act in 1889 banned any Pinkerton employee for working for the government.

and I have been in ARMED SECURITY PATROL Last Rank Sergeant
        Join the club. The line starts over there, behind SecTrainer, me, Curtis, and God knows how many other forum members.

I just moved to different company's I am sure I have past the amount Hours Needed but I never held a Management of Operations Position to which you need to do for those hours being a ARMED PATROL SERGEANT does not qualify
        The only thing I can take away from this is that you are not qualified under the laws of the state of Minnesota to directly manage security guards.

and why are you mocking my Post you have some nerve very unprofessional of you
        You'll know when I'm mocking you. This isn't mocking. This is a few questions. Mocking is when I start typing like you do.

I am sure I can point out alot about you yet I would not do that I do not play childish Games and for the Record I still own Fugitive Recovery Agency and am very well trained the past 10 years doesn't matter how many years it matters how much experience and education you have.
        People try, and no one cares about "pointing out a lot about me." I'm just a guy on the internet.

As to your training, none of it matters to PDB unless it has to do with security. Which is the whole point of your EIGHT posts about "plz hire me to run your company I can't get a QA cert myself!"

Is "Fugitive Recovery" even regulated in this state? Now, if you are a surety bondsman who can write Surety Bonds, then maybe that'll be more interesting. If you are a third party person who simply is contracted to bring absconders before a magistrate so that the Bondsman can fulfill the bond, what training are you REQUIRED under Minnesota Law to go through?

I have personally gone threw numerous training more then4 times a year on not just security so before you speak your mind Please Gather the facts.
        As I said before, MN PDB could care less if you're trained in ninjitsu and the use of skiptracing software. The only thing they care about is accredited training and experience recongized by PDB.

Another thing why are you Messing with a person who is retired early due to a Disability, do you laugh at people in wheel chairs ??
        This is going to go over well. Anyway... 1) If you're retired, why are you looking for work? 2) I don't think you've read many of the forum posts here. I don't laugh at people in wheelchairs. I laugh at the stupid. 3) Your disability has not been mentioned before. 4) Your disability is irrelevant. I could care less if you are disabled. I got a stack of medical reports the size of my fist that say I am physically disabled with a life expectancy of under 4 years, and can suddenly and irrationally fall over dead at any time.

and I do not need to explain my self to you.
        But you ARE. And that is the difference between you and I.

why I don't just apply my self, a spotty work history Does not look good. even thou they where mostly bad company's I worked for, expect 3 jobs that where fine moving away doesn't help.
        its not illegal to ask someone to be a license holder who said I wanted to be Management I just know how to make a Security company work
        What do you think Management is?

I seek no fees in this unlike you which is why you would be slandering me all I ask for is a Partner with a non spotty record to work under and help out and get paid for working contracts who said I would be management and sit at the office when I could do armed patrol and do spot checks at the same time.
        First... You seek no fees, but want to be paid. That's seeking "fees" or compensation for your services.

Second... Slander? Serious accusations. Your IP address has been recorded, and you will be hearing from my attorney unless you remove that accusation immediately. Or something.

Third, the enacting of policy or having direct control over security personnel in Minnesota is Management. A Qualified Agent is responsible for setting policy related to and managing armed and unarmed personnel. Which means that if you're not the QA, you aren't setting policies that relate to security guards. You can set policies about business, marketing, but you can't set policy or directly control guards. This stuff is on the PDB website, ffs.

I in no way do anything illegal you have no idea my background and a couple jobs I had and I am sure if I sent this link as a mass E mail to all my friends national who know me and about me in high end State Local and federal jobs im sure they would love to jump on this forum.
        Ok, so... You bring your cop friends, I bring my cop friends, and then a few threads get posted in the verified sections of a few cop websites about your request being lol and the cops have a laugh. And then I go on a banning spree because we don't have time for that here.

I am sure this thread wouldn't be able to handle that many posts. I am not competing against you as I am not trying to consult I am just asking to work under someone and do co ownership its all legal that would be saying making someone captain or Director of a company is illegal when in fact its not.
        Captains in the world of security are usually site supervisors with inflated rank. They do not have direct control over all of the security personnel in a company, nor are they allowed to set company-wide policy pertaining to guard personnel.

And yes, in a state with a QA system, it IS illegal to appoint someone "Director" of a security company and give them direct management of security personnel or allow them to set policies for security personnel unless they are the Qualified Agent. If you had read PDB rules and Minnesota Statutes, you would know this.

SO IN OTHER WORDS I LIKE TO HAVE SOMEONE HAVE A NICE SECURITY COMPANY AND CONTRIBUTE JUST HOLD A TOP POSITION NOT ASKING FOR OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT JUST CHIEF, ASST CHIEF OR ASST DIRECTOR OR DIRECTOR WHICHEVER OR. CO OWNER. WHEN I MEAN BY CONTRIBUTE THAT'S TO PAY FOR A PERSON TO GE A LICENSE AND REGISTER WITH STATE. AND LIKE U SAID USELESS CARS AND OTHER NEEDS FOR A COMPANY. YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE A MANAGER OF THE COMPANY TO EFFECT POLICY OR CHECK ON PEOPLE. WHO SAID I WANTED TO DO WAGES AND ANY OF THAT RELATED STUFF, I JUST LIKE TO BE CO OWNER AND HOLD HIGHEST RANK AS THE COMPANY WOULD HAVE A RANK SYSTEM. TO WHICH I COULD GO OUT TO ANY CONTRACT AREA. AS I WOULD BE CO OWNER AND HAVE THAT RANK. TO WHICH I COULD DO SECURITY PATROL AND WHILE DO INTERVALS CHECKING UP ON CO WORKERS. YES THAT'S RIGHT I SAID CO WORKERS, AS I WOULD BE A PART TIME ONLY. UP TO A UNDISCLOSED AMOUNT HOURS OF WORK. ONLY DUE TO RETIREMENT TO WHICH I WOULD MAKE LESS THEN ANYONE AT ANY JOB, IN A MONTH ANY WHERE SO ITS A GOOD DEAL ALL AROUND. ALSO IM NOT CONTRACTING MY SERVICES, AS I HAVE NO SERVICE TO OFFER. I AM NOT A CONSULTANT. WHO SAYS I WOULDN'T NEED SOMEONE TO DO WHAT YOU DO SINCE I COULDN'T DO CONSULTING. I CAN MAKE SUGGESTIONS AND AGREE ON NAMES FOR A COMPANY AND PATCH EMBLEMS. WHAT COLOR CARS AND SO ON, AS A CO OWNER AND WHATEVER HIGHEST RANK. 2 HEADS ARE BETTER THEN ONE. YES I PROBABLY WOULD NEED A CONSULTANT AS IM JUST WANTING TO WORK AND BE CO OWNER. SO IM NOT MOVING IN ON YOUR TURF. NOTHING WRONG WITH SOMEONE ASKING TO BE PARTNERS AND BE A CO OWNER. WHILE BEING ABLE TO DECIDE ON A FEW THINGS. LIKE A DIRECTOR OR ASST DIRECTOR WOULD DO. SINCE WHOEVER I PARTNERED UP WITH, WOULD PROBABLY WANT THE MOST HIGHEST RANK. DIRECTOR OR CHIEF,. THEREFORE I WOULD BE ASST WHATEVER. I AM GOOD AT THIS AND I WORKED LONG ENOUGH AND FIGURE IF I WAS CO OWNER I COULD MAKE MY OWN HOURS JUST LIKE FUGITIVE RECOVERY AGENCY AS IM DIRECTOR OF THAT SINCE 2001 AND OWNER. SO I FIGURE HEY IF YOU MIGHT HAVE A PROBLEM APPLYING CAUSE THERE PICKY. WHY NOT ASK TO BRING SOMEONE IN ON THIS. WHO KNOWS MAYBE I COULD DO IT MYSELF AND I AM WORRIED OVER NOTHING. THERE PICKY AT THE BOARD, I NEVER HELD MANAGEMENT POSITION FOR THAT MANY HOURS. JUST PROTECTIVE AGENT ARMED AND PROTECTIVE AGENT SERGEANT. SERGEANT WAS JUST 2 YEARS UNDER PART TIME.
        I can't read any of that. But, here's a hint: You can be a Five Star General, it doesn't matter the title, they're completely fictitious and made up by the people running the company. What matters is your duties to the company. If you set policy or manage security guard personnel, you must be a QA.

The QA would tell YOU what to do in the situation you describe, not the other way around.

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Josh,

Do you not READ what we are posting? You are making a fool of yourself. We're laughing that you don't use periods & make your posts very very long sentences, anf yet every time you write something it's the same.

Most of us come here to pass on information & knowledge but we ALSO come here to learn. You don't seem to understand what we are telling you or you don't care.
          I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
          Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Sgt. Josh, aka Josh Fink.

http://www.fugitiverecoveryagency.freeservers.com/

http://da.sos.state.mn.us/minnesota/...recoveryagency

http://www.myspace.com/fugitiverecoveryagency

This guy is a whacker... let him be and he will disappear on his own.
            "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

Comment

Ok here it is when I mean paid for I mean working for the company as a armed security employee not to do management of the whole company Just do Armed patrol like everyone else working security I would be no different then them but be a co owner that is it that is all i wanted out of making this thread being paid is a paycheck not a service any time I say pay or paid I am meaning Paycheck not for services but to work as a employee not as a contract person for management you know what I am saying. I dont do things illegal.
              No. I don't know what you're saying. There are three keys you should learn to use. Especially if you try to work for Secureforce. (Yes, I noticed your abortive attempt to apply at SecureForce. Perhaps you didn't read their website?)

1) The period key. One uses it with their computerized reporting system to signal the end of one sentence and the beginning of another. Like I'm doing here. Our Aussies probably call it "Full Stop" because they're almost English. They probably say ZED too.
              2) The comma key. You use it to signify a pause in speech, or a separate point.
              3) The return key. You use it when starting a new paragraph.

Till you master these three keys? No one will read your posts. Except to yell at you.

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier View Post
                Especially if you try to work for Secureforce. (Yes, I noticed your abortive attempt to apply at SecureForce. Perhaps you didn't read their website?)
                What could you possibly mean?

oh...

hello everyone my name is Josh I have been looking for a good armed security company for awhile. I worked for a couple of security companys that where a joke terrtiorial protective agents and inner state security also rangers securty. I carried the rank SGT most of my jobs and was armed but had co workers who dint know what they where doing. the same to managment. I was looking into this security company thats new, called secureforce. I once worked with a guy from secureforce who worked armored truck. with a company called AT Systems. I tryed calling secureforce about employment but never get a call back. I would think by the looks of it this company is better then most other companys. anyone have ideas ? I have worked security since july of 2000 tell november 18 2006 when I was injuried at work and had to wait a year to recover and now I am tring to find a part time armed position with a GOOD Company. since I can only work part time at this time. any ideas on any companys would be great. I just dont want to return back to the company I worked for due to what happed and how I was treated.
                Oh, that... his very first post from 2007.

You worked for Rangers? SCATFS is my only reply to that. The "guy from secureforce" was wrong to suggest you were even remotely qualified to work there. You weren't called back for a reason... or maybe reasons.

So, you worked for a handful of small, poorly run whacker companies and you are suddenly a security expert? This imaginary world you are living in... does it have rides? By the looks of your resume, you got around more than a lady of the night at the summer olympics. By now a handful of SIW members are likely to have painstakingly read through each of your thirty-five contributions to this forum. I suggest you personally apologize to each and every one of them.

On a final note, what the hell are you thinking with that myspace page? Stop it, just stop it. I love how your friend from the "Minnesota Fugitive Recovery Task Force ®" is so full of awesome that he wears TWO badges. http://www.myspace.com/mn_fugitive_task_force
                "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

Comment

Starting to look like a good candidate for the Burn Barrel, no?
                  "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Comment

Originally posted by SecTrainer View Post
                    Starting to look like a good candidate for the Burn Barrel, no?
                    Oh, I don't know. I am actually starting to enjoy this one. Must be a MN thing.

It would be even better if I could figure out what the good Sgt. is saying...
                    ATTN. SPECOPS AND GECKO45 my secret username is CIDDECEP and I am your S2. My authorization code is Six Wun Quebec Oscar Fife. Your presence here is tactically dangerous and compromises our overall mission parameter. Cease and desist all activity on this board. Our “enemies” are deft at computer hacking and may trace you back to our primary locale. You have forced me to compromise my situation to protect your vulnerable flank. This issue will be addressed later.

Comment

First what part of grammar disorder do any of you not understand and another thing whose mn fugitive task force in 2001 i registered as fugitive recovery agency and my jobs where not that bad im far from a whacker.
                      You guys sure have some nerve. Whats with the defamation of character here.
                      I had a few my friends read it and there not security there leos all i hear from them is internet crimes division and to seek people out on this forum for harassment weather directly or indirectly im told by them they consider it as such. Also when signed up at the time i was working security as a security sergeant for a security company. There is alot people with sgt starting out with there nick name i have seen it for myself. I never stated i was anything but security and im not even that now as disabled due to several things mostly cause of a job incident in 2006. So go ahead post away about a disabled guy who just was thinking of working part time since he cant work full.
                      Ok, after struggling to decipher this garbage.... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!one

You can ramble on and on about your intentions, but we know full well what you want. You want to play whacker. Enough said.

A few quick phone calls revealed that you are not very well liked by the authorities in and around Anoka County. This bull**** you are pulling is what gives the entire industry a bad name. You are just another lost soul playing cop, because you have a snowballs chance in hell of ever becoming a real one.

I suggest you get the hell out of this whacker fantasy land you currently reside in and find a real job with real benefits. The bottom line: get off our lawn!
                      Last edited by davis002; 07-31-2010, 10:21 PM. Reason: argh

Comment

I'm pretty new at this here, but I see a common theme in a lot of these posts. It seems that if someone uses incorrect punctuation or their grammar is not at college level, someone here has to point it out. This guy had an honest question and instead of someone helping him out (which is what I thought this forum was intended for) they have to point out that he can't form a sentence. Why doesn't someone who knows what they are talking about help this guy out instead of posting pictures and questioning his background.

Comment

Originally posted by cmiles2730 View Post
                          I'm pretty new at this here, but I see a common theme in a lot of these posts. It seems that if someone uses incorrect punctuation or their grammar is not at college level, someone here has to point it out. This guy had an honest question and instead of someone helping him out (which is what I thought this forum was intended for) they have to point out that he can't form a sentence. Why doesn't someone who knows what they are talking about help this guy out instead of posting pictures and questioning his background.
                          Because most of us on this forum really believe that private security can & is a profession. A person who can not write in the language they would have to write their reports in can not be a professional Security officer. There are plently of other honourable jobs he could probably do but this is not one of them.
                          I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
                          Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Congratulations. You lose. If you post on this forum, again, consequences will never be the same.

Comment

Sgt. Josh

You are too stupid to offend. Your disability is imaginary. A caffeine overdose does not make you disabled.
                              Last edited by Minneapolis Security; 08-01-2010, 06:26 PM.
                              ATTN. SPECOPS AND GECKO45 my secret username is CIDDECEP and I am your S2. My authorization code is Six Wun Quebec Oscar Fife. Your presence here is tactically dangerous and compromises our overall mission parameter. Cease and desist all activity on this board. Our “enemies” are deft at computer hacking and may trace you back to our primary locale. You have forced me to compromise my situation to protect your vulnerable flank. This issue will be addressed later.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X