Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much do security companies charge for each "Drive Through Patrol"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much do security companies charge for each "Drive Through Patrol"?

Drive thru patrols -
    Can anybody give me a round estimated charge for each "drive thru"?

Thank you...

p.s. I'm in Texas if that makes a difference.

It depends on how many drive thrus a night are made, and what the officer is expected to do on each round. It also depends on the age of the account, risk factor and many other variables.

It is generaly billed on a monthly basis, not per hit.

Why do you ask?
    Remember those who died, remember those who killed them.

Comment

As TXinvestigator said, there are a lot of variables that are involved in this. Also you may not get too many responses in an open forum as the price charged for any service. A lot of security companies consider this to be "confidential" information as the security industry is a very competitive business and in a lot of cases the lowest bid wins regardless of service provided to the client.
      Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong. - 1 Corinthians 16:13

The cleanliness of our hearts, The strength of our limbs, and commitment to our promise.

My military contract is up and over. However, I never needed to affirm that I would defend the constitution, our freedoms, our way of life from enemies both domestic and foreign. Do not think that since I am no longer in the military, I will not pick up a weapon to defend my family, my home or my country. - Me!

Comment

Most of the time mobile patrols are charged per visit basis. And the rate depends on the number of premises in the same area, more premises less money to pay by the client and more income to you price also depends on the size of the patrolled property. if its "joes next door store" having 1 window and 1 entry point its possibly gonna cost 15bucks. But if you are patrolling multi store premises, you wont charge same wont ya? And there is another thing in providing mobile patrols IF YOU WANT TO PROVIDE THEM... remember that you will need tour guard systems, to provide evidence to your clients, and "proper" tour guard may cost something like 3,000-5,000.

Bot most of the time it is hourly payment of the officer + expenses. As the patrol does not take too much time. From want i have seen the mobile patrol may cost something like 20Euro per visit. And mobile patrol officer gets something like 13-14. So if there are 10 premises in the same area he may check them in lets say 3 hours. so you stay with approximately 150 in your pocket.

The thing with the mobile patrols is that operators cover only their own area to have proper income from it. And most likely key holding service will be provided together with patrol service. And key holding with add another 300-400per year of income(if nothing bad happens that is)

I gave you example of few European companies way of business. But from the advertisements of security companies i have seen,prices are more or less same,only in dollars. Unfortunately cant find the web with prices right now just recently seen one
        Last edited by RavaSecMgt; 07-10-2009, 03:10 AM.
        I'm am not involved in any campaign against "startsecuritycompany" ...

"The worst bankruptcy in the world is the person who has lost his enthusiasm."

H. W. Arnold

Comment

If you open the yellow pages for the Greater Los Angeles area there are companies that are charging $7.90 per stop. This price usually has some conditions attached to it, like a minimum of four patrols per night for the same site. You must consider all your expenses, specially the price of gas. For a cheap guard tour system try ebay and search of "ibutton." A China based company sells them for about $300 including software. Do not expect any support for that price.

Comment

Originally posted by eeguard1 View Post
            If you open the yellow pages for the Greater Los Angeles area there are companies that are charging $7.90 per stop. This price usually has some conditions attached to it, like a minimum of four patrols per night for the same site. You must consider all your expenses, specially the price of gas. For a cheap guard tour system try ebay and search of "ibutton." A China based company sells them for about $300 including software. Do not expect any support for that price.
            7.90 per stop ? probably officer doesn't even leave his vehicle ...

300$? For software and equipment? Yeah, probably you will need new one every week...

H. W. Arnold

Comment

Originally posted by RavaSecMgt View Post
              7.90 per stop ? probably officer doesn't even leave his vehicle ...

300$? For software and equipment? Yeah, probably you will need new one every week...
              You might be correct on that assumption. I'm sure the patrol officer just drives around the property and leaves. You run into budget problems if the patrol officer finds something wrong and needs to wait for the property owner or has to call the police. The time spent waiting will not be covered at $7.90 per stop.

The guard tour system on ebay is a cheap solution if a customer wants a copy of the software to monitor the rounds made by the security officer. A licensed copy of the software from a good guard tour vendor will cost from $300 to $700 per license. Not including the hardware. The only drawback with the ebay system is that it only allows for one type of report which is a chronological report. From experience the best hardware vendor is Videx.

Comment

You might be correct on that assumption. I'm sure the patrol officer just drives around the property and leaves. You run into budget problems if the patrol officer finds something wrong and needs to wait for the property owner or has to call the police. The time spent waiting will not be covered at $7.90 per stop.
                If something happens on premises its "standard" part of contract that first 30minutes are free (time for another key-holder or responsible person to arrive lets say your brother,to take over property) if nobody shows up, officer stays on the property to make sure it is safe,unless of course ordered otherwise. And basically if the patrol itself costs 10$ then officer staying on property will cost you 40$ per hour.

The guard tour system on ebay is a cheap solution if a customer wants a copy of the software to monitor the rounds made by the security officer. A licensed copy of the software from a good guard tour vendor will cost from $300 to $700 per license. Not including the hardware. The only drawback with the ebay system is that it only allows for one type of report which is a chronological report. From experience the best hardware vendor is Videx.
                Actually proper guard tour system including wand,software,downloader and 10-20 chips will start at approximately 2500$. I would suggest Guard1 as number 1 choice...

H. W. Arnold

Comment

I'd like to offer that in my experience, a tour wand system is a waste of time, especially when you can use a GPS enabled cell phone from Nextel, bundled with TeleNav. Unless you like downloading a Vibex or Deggy wand once a day to make sure people are doing their jobs.

I like the fact that my crew knows I could be "watching" them work from my couch at night, with any web-enabled device.
                  Thanks to Curtis and Geoff! My new name is so... ME!

Comment

Amen!!

I agree! Currently working a single account/post with locations in 3 cities, and a total of 6 buildings, that is very "DETEX" heavy....and "knowing" that the wands are by no means regularly DLed......there is no consistent watch on guard performance and nothing to ensure it other than the POSSIBILITY that the Detex could be DLed and read at any time. This by itself isn't worth much. Even knowing/believing that my fellow officers and I do our jobs, at least, as well as expected.....as a former PC/Site Manager....not a big fan of Guard Tour systems.
                    Tom Duprey
                    Owner/Relentless Risk Management

Comment

Gotta have a good account manager, regardless, or you could be charging as low as $3.00 per hit (happened at one of my previous employers) at a client's property. Drive-thru hits are not a good investment for a client or for the security company.

One company in my area has it right -- they stop at their hits for 3-4 hours at a time, maximizing presence and allowing a real service. Price accordingly, or it could be a great deal for the client and a loss for you. Budget based on officer's ROP (rate of pay), projected nightly fuel expense for the route, factor the other accounts on the hit list, and you should be able to come up with a reasonable nightly rate.
                      Most of what we call management consists of making it difficult for people to get their work done.
                      -- Peter Drucker

Comment

I have no experience in this sort of security so I'm just asking out of curiousity.

Would there be a benefit for a security company to charge a monthly flat fee, basically a membership fee (kind of like a gym/fitness center) that would include X amount of patrols each night.

Say you had a business park with 30 large office buildings, including some residential areas, and retail areas...all in a very close proximity to each other. Could you do a membership style billing style, say $750 per month for corporations, $200 per month for private residents, ect.?

Comment

Originally posted by ExecPro View Post
                          I have no experience in this sort of security so I'm just asking out of curiousity.

Would there be a benefit for a security company to charge a monthly flat fee, basically a membership fee (kind of like a gym/fitness center) that would include X amount of patrols each night.

Say you had a business park with 30 large office buildings, including some residential areas, and retail areas...all in a very close proximity to each other. Could you do a membership style billing style, say $750 per month for corporations, $200 per month for private residents, ect.?
                          That is basically how such a service is charged (monthly, guaranteeing "x" hits per night or per shift, etc.). The people discussing this above are just breaking the monthly rates down into a "per-hit" basis. In other words, you don't usually actually bill by the hit, but that's how you calculate a monthly rate.

For a situation like you describe, one problem is "free-riders" - i.e., people or businesses that figure they get enough benefit from the fact that you're patrolling the property next door and don't need to pay for services themselves. They're free-loading off their neighbors, in other words.

To counter this effect, a mixed-use property like you describe could create a security "co-op" made up of all business and residential occupants. The co-op would then be the entity that would contract with you for services on behalf of the members. Membership fees charged to these entities by the co-op would cover the cost of your contract (and perhaps also be used to do other things like purchase an exterior property-wide CCTV system, emergency "call boxes", improve property lighting, etc). There would be different membership fees for businesses of different sizes and for residents, of course, but it would be up to the co-op as to what they need to charge to cover security contracts and other related costs. The board of the co-op comes from the co-op membership and the by-laws would usually specify that there must be "x" members from each "class" of membership (large business, small business, resident, etc.).

The co-op would also likely designate (or perhaps even hire) an individual on their side to act as the liaison with the security contractor(s). This individual would report to the board and would represent the whole property's security concerns.

Over time, such a co-op would be in a position to deal with occupants who would try to free-ride by making co-op membership mandatory in new leases as they come up for renewal, as well as "informal" means of pressure. Hopefully, none of the free-riders has a 99-year lease!

Alternatively, a property like this is probably managed by a professional management firm and a co-op wouldn't be needed. You would just offer a package deal to the management firm.
                          Last edited by SecTrainer; 09-18-2009, 07:06 PM.
                          "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X