Opinions - Minimum Post Orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Condo Guard View Post
    Our complex is very large, with several buildings. When I first started, the post orders were 7 pages, and they were a joke. The orders are now 25 pages; we are deleting some of the old stuff, but I doubt it will be less than 20 pages in the end.

One thing we did was create a separate "Emergency Manual," which covers the big stuff (fire, power outages, storms, etc.), and has checklists for what each department does (office staff, maintenance techs, security, etc.). the Emergency Manual is also about 25 pages (not counting maps & diagrams). Just some numbers for comparison...
    Good luck on it. It is a lot of work, but when it hits the fan, a good manual is priceless...
    I was going to say that I generally break the larger Post Orders into 3 "books". First is the entire Post Orders. I will have the Officers read it about once every 6 months to stay "familiar" with it. Also helps them remember "where to go" to get the information needed. Because it is only very 6 months or so, an 80 page manual is not so over whelming.

Second Book is Shift/Post specific. This is read by the Officers sitting a specific post and is kept at each location.

The third, you have already done. An Emergency or Alarm Book. Specific and broken down into each type of alarm/emergency and a cookie cutter version of what to do. This way when an alarm/emergency hits even if the officer on duty has only been there for 5 minutes he/she can flip to the right page and go through the check list to get it all correct.
    www.oramsecurity.com

Comment

Originally posted by SecTrainer View Post
      This is up my alley, so send me a PM. I'll need to review your post orders in order to offer any constructive suggestions.
      I will when they are complete, shouldn't take longer than a week.
      Perfection is a bunch of small things done right.

Comment

while not Post Orders,,,

Basic Training

1. If you open it, CLOSE IT.

2. If you turn it on, TURN IT OFF.

3. If you unlock it, LOCK IT.

4. If you break it, FIX IT.

5. If you can't fix it, CALL SOMEONE WHO CAN.

6. If you borrow it, RETURN IT.

7. If you use it, TAKE CARE OF IT

8. If you make a mess, CLEAN IT UP.

9. If you move it, PUT IT BACK.

10. If it belongs to someone else, GET PERMISSION TO USE IT.

12. If you don't know how to operate it, READ THE DIRECTIONS or DON'T MESS WITH IT.

13. If it doesn't concern you, DON'T MESS WITH IT.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
        Working...
        X