new to site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new to site

my name is jim and I wanted to intro myself. I have been a security officer and a field supervisor as well as a supervisor in retail . I plan on starting my own small security guard and patrol company. trhe olny thing I lack is the experience in getting the contracts. i know how to keep the customer happy but not how to get them in the firat place. any advise . any one lacated near orlando florida. I would like to be abel to maybe geting a partner to work with me in the company

thanks
    jim .

Originally posted by jknott View Post
    my name is jim and I wanted to intro myself. I have been a security officer and a field supervisor as well as a supervisor in retail . I plan on starting my own small security guard and patrol company. trhe olny thing I lack is the experience in getting the contracts. i know how to keep the customer happy but not how to get them in the firat place. any advise . any one lacated near orlando florida. I would like to be abel to maybe geting a partner to work with me in the company

thanks
    jim .
    Well welcome to the forums. My first suggestion is that when creating proposals or contracts that you use spell check or have someone else write them for you.
    Washington DC

Comment

Checklist for Florida guard service companies:

1. Do you have a corporation? Not sure which to get? Contact SCORE via the SBA.

2. Your state requires licensing of the manager (M), the company (B), and the employees (D). Are you capable of getting a Class M license? If not, you may not manage your guard personnel, you'll need someone else to with an M license.

3. Do you have the required insurance? Your state requires insurance before a Class B license will be issued. This, btw, means that unless you can find an insurer to write, you can't have a guard service.
      Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Hey what happened to my previous comment? The green book says a 2year class D holder can be a manager without a m,or mb license.

Seems pretty simple. Have contracts made up go solicit companies for work. Post a craigslist ad once licensed. But you gotta convince them why you are the man versus joe blow's company.
        THE VIEWS EXPRESSED ON THIS WEBSITE/BLOG ARE MINE ALONE AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF MY EMPLOYER.

Comment

Originally posted by gixxer32404 View Post
          Hey what happened to my previous comment? The green book says a 2year class D holder can be a manager without a m,or mb license.

Seems pretty simple. Have contracts made up go solicit companies for work. Post a craigslist ad once licensed. But you gotta convince them why you are the man versus joe blow's company.
          He asked the same exact question in two seperate threads. Your response is in the other thread.
          Washington DC

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
          Working...
          X