Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andy Taylor
    replied
    You should check into your liability coverage. Be sure you have plenty. You may have a minimum requirement in your state, and that would be a good place to start. By the time you figure in liability, payrole, worker's comp, social security, uniforms, etc, you may find it cheaper to just find a reputible security contract company.

Leave a comment:

• Oxfordfair
    replied
    police

Police would be better.. but ...i cant afford $30 an hr. for roughly 6 police officers for 9 days, 2 times a yr.

that would be---
    $30hr. x 7 hrs. = $210 a officer for 1 day. (more on sat. & sun since were open from 12am-12pm. but just a example of how expensive)
    $1260 for 6 officers a night.
    $11,340 for 6 officers for 9 days
    $22,650 for 6 hrs, 9 days, 2 times a yr.

alot better just to hire security lol

I dont think that fair police law is for alabama though.

Leave a comment:

• ValleyOne
    replied
    Out here in Oregon the Fair's usually, with open arms, have the police work the crowd like PT Barnum on crack. State, County, and Locals (some ever from the next county over) get togethe and do what they can.

I am familiar of a state law tht grants the fair to estblish it's own police force, unless I am mistaken. Better look that up, before someone fries me on it. Regardless, does your state permit the same? If not, is there a county ordinance that would?

And here it is referring to the County Fair Board;

ORS 565.240 Rules and regulations; peace officers; appointment and powers. The board may make and enforce all rules and regulations necessary for the proper conduct and management of their respective fairs. It may appoint such marshals or police as may be necessary to keep order and preserve the peace during the time and at the place of holding the fairs and at all other times when the board deems such appointments necessary for the preservation of the peace and the protection of public and private property upon the fairgrounds. The officers so appointed have the same authority for the preservation of order and making arrests upon the grounds as would a deputy sheriff.
    I kinda find it interesting that the state allows the fair board to not only enforse the rules, but make the rules up and then enforce them.

Leave a comment:

• gcmc security part 2
    replied
    I'll chime in as my Branch Office also covers southern Alabama. The only requirement that I know of is for officers that are armed with a firearm to have a carry permit. Other than that no licenses are required.

As for reporting requirements, I don't know of any BUT you safest bet is anytime your people use ANY type of force is to contact local LE to inform them and to document, document, document. And if you don't do anything else DOCUMENT!!!

PM me if there is anything specific I can help you with.

Leave a comment:

• Oxfordfair
    replied
    State

Im in Alabama.

as far as i know, there not to many laws as far as Security in Alabama

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    First question, what state are you in? (If you're outside the United States, arming your security staff may be illegal.)

Leave a comment:

• Oxfordfair
    started a topic Help in starting my security team

Help in starting my security team

Hello,

I am Scott. I am the owner of countys fair & fairgrounds. I am about to establish a security team for our fairs. We have fairs for 9 days each time , 2 times a year.

I have my security officers , All have been doing this for about 5 yrs atleast.

I am going to allow them to carry Pepper Spray, Baton, Cuffs & etc.

My main question is: if they have to use any of gear (ASP baton , Pepper Spray etc.), After calling the local police, what else will we need to do?

Also, should I allow any of them to be armed?

The county fair is a fairly rough place to work, thats why I am allowing them to carry the gear.

I am fairly new at all of this so, please excuse the dumb questions.

I am sure I will have others

Any other advice would be greatly apprichiated...

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X