• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oxfordfair
    replied
    pay

Originally posted by Andy Taylor View Post
    Remember that is Canadian $.

Around here reserves cost the same as regulars and last time I checked they were about $35 ph and that was about 3 or 4 years ago. You actually don't get the choice. You place you order and whoever signs up first gets the job.

Renting cars/golf cart would save you quite a bit I would imagine. Plus no maintaince on the vehicle. Rent a white Impala/CV/Charger etc. If you want marked, just get some magnetic signs for the door. Lighting can be done with dash lights that plug into the cigarette lighter.

I find it hard to believe you could find anyone to work for those wages. Around here that is far below minimum wage, even if it is under the table.
    as far as finding people to work for $50 a night (under the table) down here, thats not a problem. The 6 i have lined up to work security if i do this myself already has experience and already has the gear.

$5.15 is min. wage for Alabama

I also own a professional wrestling org., same with that.. Local indy workers work for as little as gas money, but i give them around 50$. We run 1-2 shows a month with TONS of former WCW, WWE, NWA, TNA stars. www.southernchampionshipwrestling.net

Leave a comment:

• Eric
    replied
    Originally posted by Andy Taylor View Post

The Canadian dollar is almost par with the US right now and one day last week went above. The difference may be our City Cops are in the 65 - 72,000 per year range. So 33 an hour regular pay.

Leave a comment:

• Andy Taylor
    replied
    Originally posted by Oxfordfair View Post
    wow! and i thought my local agencys were high!!

Around here reserves cost the same as regulars and last time I checked they were about $35 ph and that was about 3 or 4 years ago. You actually don't get the choice. You place you order and whoever signs up first gets the job.

Renting cars/golf cart would save you quite a bit I would imagine. Plus no maintaince on the vehicle. Rent a white Impala/CV/Charger etc. If you want marked, just get some magnetic signs for the door. Lighting can be done with dash lights that plug into the cigarette lighter.

I find it hard to believe you could find anyone to work for those wages. Around here that is far below minimum wage, even if it is under the table.

Leave a comment:

• Oxfordfair
    replied
    pay

wow! and i thought my local agencys were high!!

Leave a comment:

• HotelSecurity
    replied
    Originally posted by Oxfordfair View Post
    Like i said earlier, the police / sheriffs will work the event but are REALLY expensive for off duty work.

The local police is $30 a hr & the sheriff is $35 a hr. for off duty work.. So that is expensive.. Around $12k
    $66/hour for off duty Montreal Police.

Leave a comment:

• Oxfordfair
    replied
    reserves

the local police doesnt have reserves but the sheriffs dept does. They charge for them also..

I have came to realize though, nothing is free or cheap in this world anymore.

Leave a comment:

• ValleyOne
    replied
    Never said anything about OFF duty work, mentioned the reserves because in most cases the reserves are volunteers and would do most anything for money. Which they can parlay into more training and equipment. There are several avenues you can use in this areas...

But this is all a moot point with you, so just pick up a phone book and good luck.
    Last edited by ValleyOne; 10-04-2007, 01:42 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Oxfordfair
    replied
    Like i said earlier, the police / sheriffs will work the event but are REALLY expensive for off duty work.

The local police is $30 a hr & the sheriff is $35 a hr. for off duty work.. So that is expensive.. Around $12k
    Last edited by Oxfordfair; 10-03-2007, 09:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Minneapolis Security
    replied
    People actually work for $5.00 an hour in Alabama? That is really depressing. Remind me never to branch out down there.

Leave a comment:

• ValleyOne
    replied
    I'm still having problems wrapping my brain around the idea of the local cops refusing to work the a fair if you gave them $8500. It's a target rich environment, the $8500 would take care of the OT costs. You wouldn't really need a contract for service agreement with them, as it's more than likely in their jurisdiction... etc etc etc.

I mean its like putting fish in a barrel from an LE point of view.

But, since you seem to refuse to look at that, why are considering flat out purchasing the vehicles? Doesn't the fair grounds already have the vehicles on hand? Can't you rent a golf cart? Hell, for $8500, would the Sheriff or Police Reserves work this event for you? Sorry, I just can't get over that...

It looks like your painting yorself into a corner, so just pick up the phone book and ask for bids. But, don't tell them to much of your budget, you might end up saving some money. If they know that they have $8500 to work with they might get creative in their bids.

Again, I am sorry if I am just too obtuse to grab the concept...

Leave a comment:

• Oxfordfair
    replied
    If the secuirty company has there own patrol vehicles & uniforms then that will give me some extra cash as far as payroll though.

That $4,000 for vehicles, $300 for uniforms and etc. can all be put into pay roll.

just say that the security company let me have 6 of there officers for $12.00 a hr. for 8 hrs then, for the 9 days.

Thats:
    10hr. x 8 hrs. = 96 per officer
    96 per officer x 6 officers= 576 a night
    576 x 9 days = 5,184

thats still cheaper than going and doing it myself getting the uniforms, vehicles, etc.

Police- $11,340 for 9 days
    Doing it myself- $8500 for 9days & vehicle exprense
    ------------------
    save $3,316 from doing it myself & Save $6,156 from the police route.
    Last edited by Oxfordfair; 10-03-2007, 09:14 AM.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Alright, lets say its an 8 hour shift, and you pay 40 a night. That's 5 dollars an hour.

Lets say you pay 50 a night, that's 6.25 an hour.

You are going to pay them under the table without insurance. They are armed with mace and batons and possibly firearms. They are going to be touching people. If they get hurt, you are going to lose about 1-2 million dollars in the resulting lawsuit and state/federal fines.

If they hurt someone, and at 50 a night there's no reason to expect them to be actually trained with any of the equipment you're giving them... Think of a number over one million and triple it. That's the damages that will result from:

Vicarious Liability, Failure To Train, Civil Negligence, possibly Criminal Negligence, and direct and punitive damages due to injuries.

If you are serious about this, you need to do it correctly. They need to be real employees. You need to have liability insurance.

These employees have the potential to KILL a man. A use of force incident raises questions, questions that will result in fines and possible jail time.

Now, I realize things are done in Alabama differently, but if the feds find out, it won't matter. And a lawsuit will bring the IRS and DOJ coming, they smell blood.

As to security firms, no one will touch your account for a bill rate of 5-6 an hour. And they especially won't let a guard touch anyone, or do anything short of stand there without a radio of cell phone and be a "presence." Not even call the police.

Leave a comment:

• Oxfordfair
    replied
    budget is pretty flexable but I know i could not afford police, as i already figured that in another message.

But i figured :
    $50 a security each , 6 security a night =$300.00
    $300 security total x 9 days = $2700
    -----
    Uniforms - $20 Shirt, $20 BDU's (roughly) - Avg. $50 ea. so.. $300 for uniforms.
    --------
    A couple security vehicles (wht. police interceptors) at $2000 or so ea. $4,000 total
    ------
    2 goft carts at $750 ea. = $1500
    ------
    so thats a total of $8500.00 give or take..

But like i said, If i could find a established security company that had vehicles already, uniforms and etc. then I might go that route..

But I want everything to look PROFESSIONAL. so if u know any security comp. that is like that then, i will defently look into them.

Leave a comment:

• ValleyOne
    replied
    No it was for Oregon, I showed it to give you an idea, that's all an idea. I do not know if your state has any such laws, and hoped the wording might have jogged your memory.

What kind of budget are you working with?

Leave a comment:

• Oxfordfair
    replied
    security

If i knew of a security comp. around my area, and they would give me a good deal on priceing i would defently consider that..

Only using them a total of 18 days a year, if i got my own security i would pay them under the table basicly. no more than like 40-50 a night.

I wouldnt have workers comp., social security or any of that.

The uniforms I planned on getting would be very inexpensive..
    Heres a link to the polo shirt I wanted them to wear. It is very simple, very professional & looks good.

Uniform: this polo shirt, black BDU's (I would buy these) & most already have what duty gear they need. http://firestoreonline.com/index.asp...ROD&ProdID=183

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X