Any Advice Will Be Appreciated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Advice Will Be Appreciated

Greetings to all. I'm looking for anyone who may know or even work for the Wieser Security Services. I am looking at possibly making a career move and applying for an executive position at Weiser. The pay and perks sound good, benefits are so so (nothing compare to what I have right now) and the overall employee satisfaction is good (according to a gallop poll done about a year ago or so).
    I am currently a Police Officer and I am in no hurry to leave my job, however I am looking for a career change due to the fact that I need some normality in my life I.E. flexible hours at home with the family, I want to see the kids play sports, etc.
    Thanks for your time.

Don't know anything about them but welcome to the forum!

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Executive at what level? Corporate is the only real "executive level" that Weiser has, a branch manager is simply a branch manager.

Like all large observe, report, do not intervene security firms, the experience varies from branch to branch. I know of several guards who were terminated for things that normal people would not understand.

I think the best way to sum up corporate policy is:

One was terminated for stopping a rape, because he used force after calling 911, instead of calling 911 and fleeing the area. (Violation of Observe and Report Only policy.)
        Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by frostbitecra View Post
          Greetings to all. I'm looking for anyone who may know or even work for the Wieser Security Services. I am looking at possibly making a career move and applying for an executive position at Weiser. The pay and perks sound good, benefits are so so (nothing compare to what I have right now) and the overall employee satisfaction is good (according to a gallop poll done about a year ago or so).
          I am currently a Police Officer and I am in no hurry to leave my job, however I am looking for a career change due to the fact that I need some normality in my life I.E. flexible hours at home with the family, I want to see the kids play sports, etc.
          Thanks for your time.
          Welcome aboard! I will PM you with my views on Weiser.
          Richard Dickinson
          Dickinson Security Management Group, LLC
          DSMG Provides a Variety of Software Products and Consulting Services to the Contract Security Industry
          www.hrdickinson.com

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier View Post
            Executive at what level? Corporate is the only real "executive level" that Weiser has, a branch manager is simply a branch manager.

Like all large observe, report, do not intervene security firms, the experience varies from branch to branch. I know of several guards who were terminated for things that normal people would not understand.

I think the best way to sum up corporate policy is:

One was terminated for stopping a rape, because he used force after calling 911, instead of calling 911 and fleeing the area. (Violation of Observe and Report Only policy.)
            That is correct. It's a possible branch manager position that may become open in the near future, and maybe at a latter time a sales position. I've done some research about the company but not too many articles or posts exists about them. It seems to me that they are a good company (I know a salesman that works for them but of course any input from him its going to be biased). If things go wrong I can always come back to Law Enforcement.
            Last edited by frostbitecra; 08-14-2007, 09:26 PM. Reason: misspelled word

Comment

Originally posted by frostbitecra View Post
              Thanks for your time.
              frostbitecra first, welcome to the forum where you'll find some awfully sharp pencils in this security box.
              Second: If you have at least three years of sworn experience and have graduated from a recognized academy, military or civilian, visit your local US Marshals Service and look into the Court Security Officer program if you are looking for steady day-to-day employment.
              If you want a really rewarding career in federal law enforcement, talk to the Chief Deputy about becoming a Deputy US Marshal.
              As for working for Wieser Security as a branch manager, look to the response you got from Nathan. You might be like a yo-yo at all hours of the day and night.
              PM Richard and seek his counsel.
              Enjoy the day,
              Bill

Comment

Thank You For Input

Originally posted by Bill Warnock View Post
                frostbitecra first, welcome to the forum where you'll find some awfully sharp pencils in this security box.
                Second: If you have at least three years of sworn experience and have graduated from a recognized academy, military or civilian, visit your local US Marshals Service and look into the Court Security Officer program if you are looking for steady day-to-day employment.
                If you want a really rewarding career in federal law enforcement, talk to the Chief Deputy about becoming a Deputy US Marshal.
                As for working for Weiser Security as a branch manager, look to the response you got from Nathan. You might be like a yo-yo at all hours of the day and night.
                PM Richard and seek his counsel.
                Enjoy the day,
                Bill
                Thank you so very much for your information. Again, I'm a 5 year State Law Enforcement Officer (Florida Highway Patrol) and I was approached about a branch manager position. This site has proven to be very helpful and a lot of professional man and woman posting here. Thank you all.
                Also about the US Marshals Services? That was my first choice of federal law enforcement service upon leaving the Military, however at the time (Dec 2001) they were not hiring. But I will check into them again.
                Again, Thank you very much for your information.
                Last edited by frostbitecra; 08-15-2007, 10:49 AM.

Comment

DynCorp is currently hiring for Court Security Officers in several regions. DynCorp is the POC for the USMS CSO program, it seems, as they're currently recruiting.

For those wondering, you must have 2 years sworn experience + police academy.
                  Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Well, let's see what a top-level CI peek tells us:

1. CEO Michael Weiser contributes to Republican political campaigns.

2. The company is a federally-approved contractor for security services.

3. Chief operations officer is Len Kline.

4. Claims 3500+ employees throughout the South.

5. Several references to contracts located, all for garbage dumps (er, excuse me, "solid waste" facilities). It was news to me that garbage dumps need guards, but I guess there probably is a booming market for banana peels and coffee grounds, and somebody has to break up the fights among employees over the rusted lawn chairs and those bags filled with disposable diapers.

6. The minutes of one county board (Randolph County, NC) listed the following rate schedules for Weiser's dump guards, which are very interesting, both comparing hourly to bill rates and year-over-year changes:

2003: Hourly pay $7.11 - Bill rate $9.79
                    2004: Hourly pay $7.32 - Bill rate $10.15
                    2005: Hourly pay $7.54 - Bill rate $10.53

There's more, of course....
                    Last edited by SecTrainer; 08-15-2007, 12:56 PM.
                    "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Comment

Nathan and SecTrainer have provided a treasure trove of valuable information. As for the US Marshals Service employment, you now have five years of law enforcement experience behind you. As for your employment with FHP, you have undoubtedly been asked to support in prisoner or high threat defendants. You are now "seasoned" especially on I-95 aka The Cocaine Highway. You've made critical traffic stops and had the hair on the back of your neck, something the recent college graduates or fresh faced former military MP or Air Force SF personnel.
                      Today, there are many Deputies getting long in the tooth as they reach their mandatory retirement of 57. Do some checking. Look to ATF, DEA or FBI. All are looking for personnel who know how to use the two most important muscles in the human body, the brain and tongue!
                      Enjoy the day,
                      Bill

Comment

Nathan and SecTrainer have provided a treasure trove of valuable information. As for the US Marshals Service employment, you now have five years of law enforcement experience behind you. As for your employment with FHP, you have undoubtedly been asked to support in prisoner or high threat defendants. You are now "seasoned" especially on I-95 aka The Cocaine Highway. You've made critical traffic stops and had the hair on the back of your neck, something the recent college graduates or fresh faced former military MP or Air Force SF personnel have not.
                        Today, there are many Deputies getting long in the tooth as they reach their mandatory retirement of 57. Do some checking. Look to ATF, DEA or FBI. All are looking for personnel who know how to use the two most important muscles in the human body, the brain and tongue!
                        Enjoy the day,
                        Bill

Comment

Originally posted by SecTrainer View Post
                          Well, let's see what a top-level CI peek tells us:

1. CEO Michael Weiser contributes to Republican political campaigns.

2. The company is a federally-approved contractor for security services.

3. Chief operations officer is Len Kline.

4. Claims 3500+ employees throughout the South.

5. Several references to contracts located, all for garbage dumps (er, excuse me, "solid waste" facilities). It was news to me that garbage dumps need guards, but I guess there probably is a booming market for banana peels and coffee grounds, and somebody has to break up the fights among employees over the rusted lawn chairs and those bags filled with disposable diapers.

6. The minutes of one county board (Randolph County, NC) listed the following rate schedules for Weiser's dump guards, which are very interesting, both comparing hourly to bill rates and year-over-year changes:

Would love to hear more about that.

Comment

Originally posted by SecTrainer View Post

Man, think of the perks. You would probably have to do little shopping at stores, just pick up what you need here. Your cost of living would go way down. That, with the high pay, you could live like a king.
                            sigpic
                            Rocket Science
                            Making everything else look simple, since 1958.

http://my.opera.com/integrator/blog/
                            One Man's Opinion

The Future. It isn't what it used to be.

Comment

Integrator97

Thanks to all for the reply.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X