Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you break into this high end field?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you break into this high end field?

If you have plenty of degrees, how to you land a job in this field? Qualifications say security guards are not applicable experience for fraud examiners certification. Is there some $9/hr job you have to start out here as well?

I imagine that with the advent of the new internet protocol world wide two levels above what USA has, it will introduce means of fraud we might not be able to defend against. I know spam protection against outside countries intrusions can only block about 90% at best. It is a bone headed decision to stay in the past while we are being passed in technology by 3rd world developing countries. USA has no technical middle class infrastructure anymore, so we may never catch up unless we hire international consultants: and then we will one-step behind at best.

Fraud methods with information systems should be the trend for the biggest effect, and programming langauge systems all have their weaknesses. Now the USA will always be playing catchup to millions of Chinese, Indian, and ever African hacks in the local libraries. I think Bill Gates is waiting for things to blow up for a huge leap in profit when he finally does something about it, as his is the main operating system used worldwide. It will certainly get very interesting very soon.

Originally posted by ddog View Post
    If you have plenty of degrees, how to you land a job in this field? Qualifications say security guards are not applicable experience for fraud examiners certification. Is there some $9/hr job you have to start out here as well?

I imagine that with the advent of the new internet protocol world wide two levels above what USA has, it will introduce means of fraud we might not be able to defend against. I know spam protection against outside countries intrusions can only block about 90% at best. It is a bone headed decision to stay in the past while we are being passed in technology by 3rd world developing countries. USA has no technical middle class infrastructure anymore, so we may never catch up unless we hire international consultants: and then we will one-step behind at best.

Fraud methods with information systems should be the trend for the biggest effect, and programming langauge systems all have their weaknesses. Now the USA will always be playing catchup to millions of Chinese, Indian, and ever African hacks in the local libraries. I think Bill Gates is waiting for things to blow up for a huge leap in profit when he finally does something about it, as his is the main operating system used worldwide. It will certainly get very interesting very soon.
    Um, are you referring to IPv6?

Also, Information / Technical Security and Fraud Examiners are two different things. When looking for technical security personnel, I require the following:

1a. MSCE + Microsoft Certified Security Professional -> MS Track
    or
    1b. Linux Professional Institute LPIC-2 + Certified Ubuntu Professional -> Canonical Track

Since the Canonical Track is still new, references can replace certification and we can get the person certified.
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier View Post
      Um, are you referring to IPv6?

Also, Information / Technical Security and Fraud Examiners are two different things. When looking for technical security personnel, I require the following:

1a. MSCE + Microsoft Certified Security Professional -> MS Track
      or
      1b. Linux Professional Institute LPIC-2 + Certified Ubuntu Professional -> Canonical Track

Since the Canonical Track is still new, references can replace certification and we can get the person certified.
      Exactly, IPv6. MSCE looks extensive and likely changes often.

>> What is the basis for fraud examiners entry into job market? <<
      Last edited by ddog; 07-31-2007, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Not entering into a Wintel vs Linux jihad. Not entering into a Wintel vs. Linux jihad.
        Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by ddog View Post
          How do you break into this high end field.
          Nice choice of words.
          sigpic
          Rocket Science
          Making everything else look simple, since 1958.

http://my.opera.com/integrator/blog/
          One Man's Opinion

The Future. It isn't what it used to be.

Comment

Lol

...nice wordplay, ddog...

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
            Working...
            X