No announcement yet.

Suggestions for Motivation for Training

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I currently Work in Reno Nv, I work for the biggest Security service provider out here, which doesn't say much since its reno but we do nearly everything from Tahoe Ca/Nv sides, Truckee Ca, Reno/Sparks, Carson City....and many other small towns around here. the only things we have yet to take over are government sites and city sites. Primarily Securitas has those but we are trying.

Anyway, the way our training program is set up, is that our Ops Manager conducts all the classes, he is certified to do all the teaching. These classes are just watch a tape, Discuss and then take a small test. These training classes we get paid for, at our normal rate of pay.
    We also have a officer who has more credentials than I can name, come in and does P.O.S.T. certified classes for other things (O.C., Handcuff, Baton, Firearms, etc.), which these classes cost us(the guards) out of our own pockets, BUT the company pays for these classes for us so when we do these we don't get time paid.

The Basic Class courses we get paid for are mandatory, this basic security knowledge will help you at all sites. it doesn't matter if any or all clients are paying the company to train their officers.
    to do something that the client(s) aren't paying for.
    So you're saying that if the client says, "whoa, wait I'm not going to pay for you to train your officers, I need to save some money" that you should only throw a warm body out there...and then lose the site a week later cause that warm body didn't live up to the promises your company made?

I'm not high enough yet to know how monies are used and what each client is paying for, but we are number 1 in Reno/Sparks/Tahoe for a reason.

Comment

Originally posted by NvJuggalo View Post

So you're saying that if the client says, "whoa, wait I'm not going to pay for you to train your officers, I need to save some money" that you should only throw a warm body out there...and then lose the site a week later cause that warm body didn't live up to the promises your company made?

I'm not high enough yet to know how monies are used and what each client is paying for, but we are number 1 in Reno/Sparks/Tahoe for a reason.
      Welcome to the motivation behind contract security for large firms.

"If I hire guards, pay them little, limit my liability so that if something happens its not my fault, and pay a lot in PR services, then I can get 30% profit margin instead of 5%."
      Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by SecTrainer View Post
        Rather than motivation, which the interested officer will bring to the table himself, I think you might focus on building anticipation.
        SecTrainer, I just wanted to say thank you. It is exactly this type of wisdom, posted here by you, Col. Corbier and others that make this board one of the most valuable tools available to those of us wishing to expand our knowledge of our industry.
        If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.
        George S. Patton

www.fedtia.com

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
        Working...
        X