Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone had personally or dealt with a Security Contract in Afghanistan or Iraq?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone had personally or dealt with a Security Contract in Afghanistan or Iraq?

I was looking into government procurement and I noticed there were quite a few contracts for Afghanistan and Iraq.

What I want to know is if anyone here has dealt with those type of contracts and if so, are they worth the time it takes to go through all the red tape?

Any help you could give me would be much appreciated!

Ray
    Last edited by mbmx13; 03-24-2007, 02:11 PM.

Contracts in those countries are loaded with red tape and payment issues- you need to be well capitalized to work in the Gulf (SA, UAE, Etc).

There is a lot of money there but it does not get paid out quickly!
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." G. Orwell

Comment

John,

Thanks for the reply. I thought that it would require a large amount of capital and there would be a lot of red tape.

Have you had the pleasure to deal with one of those contracts personally or know someone who has?

Just curious.

Thanks again,

Raymond A. Miller III
      Pres-CEO
      Intelligent Ops International, Inc.
      Security and Investigative Service

Comment

PM sent!

John
        "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." G. Orwell

Comment

Given the issues of excessive amounts of money being paid to contractors over seas that has sparked some outrage amongst federal legislators... I would venture to say the red tape is likely even thicker now

Comment

Originally posted by mbmx13
            I was looking into government procurement and I noticed there were quite a few contracts for Afghanistan and Iraq.

What I want to know is if anyone here has dealt with those type of contracts and if so, are they worth the time it takes to go through all the red tape?

Any help you could give me would be much appreciated!

Ray
            An associate who pulled a contract in Afghanistan told me that you need to be able to support the operation from your own funds for as much as six months to be safe in terms of cash flow. It took something like four months for the first payment to be received. I have no idea whether this is typical, however.
            "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Comment

Originally posted by SecTrainer
              An associate who pulled a contract in Afghanistan told me that you need to be able to support the operation from your own funds for as much as six months to be safe in terms of cash flow. It took something like four months for the first payment to be received. I have no idea whether this is typical, however.
              We are at 5 months on one now, but we have received word that our 1st invoice will be paid shortly. It is the norm and part of the cost of doing business (this is, of course, passed on to the client as we knew that going in).

Comment

Originally posted by john_harrington
                We are at 5 months on one now, but we have received word that our 1st invoice will be paid shortly. It is the norm and part of the cost of doing business (this is, of course, passed on to the client as we knew that going in).
                Sounds fairly typical, then. In a rather perverse way, this would tend to exclude "under-capitalized" vendors, and perhaps that's not such a bad thing in the long run.
                "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Comment

You are completely correct! We are fortunate to be part of a larger organization, but if we were not we would not have been able to take that project on.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X