X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curtis Baillie
    replied
    Originally posted by tlangsr
    For those of us who are doing Security as a career what are some ways that we can go about becoming security consultants?

How about Private Security Company Owners?
    If you're truely looking at becoming a Security Consultant, I highly suggest you attend the 2 day seminar put on by the International Association of Professional Security Consultants. When I decided to start my business I attended and found it to be very informative. Here's a link: http://www.iapsc.org/news.asp?ss6id=0

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    If your degree does not include business courses, and it should, pick them up as a minor or dual major. Without credit, you will basically have to rely on the money of others, and that takes convincing. Without experience in building successful businesses, the insurance companies are afraid of you. Which translates to high insurance rates.

Leave a comment:

• tlangsr
    replied
    Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
    Well, as far as owning a security company... There really isn't much you "need" to do in the security industry to own one. You may need experience, or the ability to hire someone who has it, to manage a security firm if your state licenses them. In some states, you may need to hire a POST certified police officer for a manager and/or applicants (North Carolina), but those are generally private police agencies.

What you do need is a strong credit history, documentation of experience in or formal training (college) in running a successful business, financial backing or assets which you can place in collateral, and ... about 10k in assets or capital you are willing to part with.
    That actually doesn't seem to be to bad. I don't plan on doing any of that for some time yet. I definently want a lot more experience and my credit is shot. I will be eventually be going to school for a degree in Security Management. I haven't really decided on whether or not I would like to be a consultant or PSC Owner.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Well, as far as owning a security company... There really isn't much you "need" to do in the security industry to own one. You may need experience, or the ability to hire someone who has it, to manage a security firm if your state licenses them. In some states, you may need to hire a POST certified police officer for a manager and/or applicants (North Carolina), but those are generally private police agencies.

What you do need is a strong credit history, documentation of experience in or formal training (college) in running a successful business, financial backing or assets which you can place in collateral, and ... about 10k in assets or capital you are willing to part with.

Leave a comment:

• tlangsr
    started a topic Security Consultant

Security Consultant

For those of us who are doing Security as a career what are some ways that we can go about becoming security consultants?

How about Private Security Company Owners?

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X