Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Early Intervention System for security officers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early Intervention System for security officers?

What do you guys think?

For higher end companies, sure. The average contract company isn't going to spend the time or money.

The problem is most places wouldn't see the benefit. PDs tend to spend a lot of money on testing & training, so there is real incentive in both time and money to salvage an employee if they can. Our industry? If we got a guy whose first 90 days show me he's got issues, we just fire him and start over.

I do wish we had something like an EIS for employees who develop drug and alcohol problems due to this kind of work. I've worked with two guys that were too far gone by the time we offered them help, and they just quit or got fired. I knew something was up (as did the boss) but I guess we were naive and not seeing the early signs.

Comment

Originally posted by Condo Guard View Post
      For higher end companies, sure. The average contract company isn't going to spend the time or money.

The problem is most places wouldn't see the benefit. PDs tend to spend a lot of money on testing & training, so there is real incentive in both time and money to salvage an employee if they can. Our industry? If we got a guy whose first 90 days show me he's got issues, we just fire him and start over.

I do wish we had something like an EIS for employees who develop drug and alcohol problems due to this kind of work. I've worked with two guys that were too far gone by the time we offered them help, and they just quit or got fired. I knew something was up (as did the boss) but I guess we were naive and not seeing the early signs.
      Yeah maybe for the fly by night companies, but I could see federal contractors and in house security departments finding this extremely useful.

Comment

Originally posted by ContractSec Level III View Post
        Yeah maybe for the fly by night companies, but I could see federal contractors and in house security departments finding this extremely useful.
        In-house officers would have this (usually called "Employee Assistance Program" or EAP) available if the company provides it to its employees, because the security people are employees just like everyone else.
        Last edited by SecTrainer; 10-22-2014, 09:52 AM.
        "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Comment

Originally posted by SecTrainer View Post
          In-house officers would have this (usually called "Employee Assistance Program" or EAP) available if the company provides it to its employees, because the security people are employees just like everyone else.
          Yeah but I don't know of any company or department that has it to the extent of police agencies. i.e. taking excessive force and unlawful arrest complaints and finding out the problem childs

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
          Working...
          X