This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Writing Physical Security Policies

Does anybody know of any *good* resources (books, templates, etc) for the security manager tasked with writing security policies (non-IT) from scratch?

What is the experience level of the security manager? Will they understand the consequences (good and bad) of the policies they will put down on paper? What are the thoughts of the business management team.

Whenever I write police/procedure for a company I start with the basics and find out just what the company is looking for. Often they don't even know themselves.

This is your first post and nobody knows anything about you.
    Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
    Co-Author - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Comment

What type of venue? What level? Etc...

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Baillie View Post
        This is your first post and nobody knows anything about you.

How is this relevant to the question I posted? I don't know anything about you either Mr Moderator.

I know and understand what you've stated above. I'm looking for some published technical resources on the subject to bolster what I know and to refer to for some fine points. If anyone here can speak to that question I would be appreciative. If not, c'est la vie.
        Last edited by pentafed; 11-30-2013, 10:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Soper View Post
          What type of venue? What level? Etc...
          Let's just say it's a municipal facility. All I'm asking for on this forum is OPEN SOURCE resources from someone who has that info and who is willing to be open and friendly enough to offer it up, as I try to do when I am able to. (ie: professional courtesy)

I will get the information I need whether this one potential resource proves to be useful, or not. So if you don't know, no problem.

I'm not asking for anybody's OPSEC, nor am I offering up my own.

Thank you.
          Last edited by pentafed; 11-30-2013, 10:31 PM.

Comment

Way to go, hotshot.

Try taking a security class. It might help you more instead of being rude to people.

Comment

Who pissed in your cheerios?

You come to an online forum, asking for help from a community of professionals and when asked to give an intro or more details so others can better help you you get pissy.
              Sergeant Phil Esterhaus: "Hey, let's be careful out there.."

THE VIEWS EXPRESSED ON THIS WEBSITE/BLOG ARE MINE ALONE AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF MY EMPLOYER.

Comment

And for someone who has over a decade in the 'criminal justice field' I'm surprised you wouldn't have known your vagueness would illicit such responses
                Sergeant Phil Esterhaus: "Hey, let's be careful out there.."

THE VIEWS EXPRESSED ON THIS WEBSITE/BLOG ARE MINE ALONE AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF MY EMPLOYER.

Comment

Way to go, hotshot.

Try taking a security class. It might help you more instead of being rude to people.
                  Is this your idea of being polite? Find a mirror.

Comment

No. I'm schooling an idiot.

Comment

No. I'm schooling an idiot.
                      Like I said, you'll need a mirror to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by zm88 View Post
                        Who pissed in your cheerios?

You come to an online forum, asking for help from a community of professionals and when asked to give an intro or more details so others can better help you you get pissy.
                        I came to an online forum an asked a specific question in a respectful way. The two replies I initially received didn't speak to the question but instead offered unsolicited advice. I understand that most online forums have more than their share of know-it-alls waiting in the wings to show the world how "smart" they think they are by doing this. They amount to trolls, like you. The "senior" members and the forum bullies.

When I see a question on a forum I offer an answer, if I have one. If I don't, I ignore it. When someone asks me for directions, I tell them. I don't ask them how long they've been driving and how skilled they are with their vehicle. If someone asks me if I know of a book on a particular topic I don't ask them their life story so I can judge how qualified they are to receive my answer. And being in this business I also don't go around and post more info than I need to post on an online forum.

I asked if someone knows of a BOOK....that's it.

I didn't ask "you" for anything, and I ain't kissing your arse. I can see why this forum isn't that active.

Pardon me for expecting those on this forum to behave in the same respectful way. And pardon me for feeding the freaking trolls. It won't happen again.
                        Last edited by pentafed; 12-01-2013, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Thank goodness. Goodbye then.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X