No announcement yet.

Armed Or Unarmed??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Three words best describe the need to be armed or unarmed; they are, in their proper order: "Sensitivity, Criticality and Vulnerablity."
    Enjoy the day,
    Bill

Comment

Originally posted by RSTING69
      We are a gated community with a population of 6000 residents. Our officers are responsible for responding to calls for service within the communiy, assisting local law enforcement agencies, responding to medical and fire related calls as well. Currently we do carry any form of defensive protection let alone ballistic vests.
      Our board of directors is reviewing the possibility of arming our officers, does anyone have any pro's vs. con's to this position, we are setting forth stringent guidelines, hiring requirements, testing requirements, and seeking outside liability insurance through special security guard insurance services.
      My opinion is if you are security at a gated community, you might as well be private police. I'd arm my officers if I was the main guy for that firm. Yeah there is liability but I would feel safer if my officers were safe, imho
      Shawn J. Gossman
      Security Officer
      5+ Years Experience

Comment

Hey

Originally posted by HotelSecurity
        500 rooms in the hotel x 4 drunk Spring Breakers per room with only 2 unarmed Security Officers on duty Sometimes only 1 Officer.
        Sounds like how we have to work...tons of drunks and like 1 officer per shift...thought I had it bad.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
        Working...
        X