Passenger Anxiety Management

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passenger Anxiety Management

Hi. I'm a Masters student working on a thesis on airport security. My hypothesis concerns how to assuage passenger anxieties within the airport environment through environmental design. I hope you won't mind assisting me with a few questions I have been pondering. Of course, I will give anyone who helps out a credit in the paper and a chance to review it if they so desire. What steps are usually taken towards the comfort of passengers going through the security checkpoint, or are the concerns mainly based in maintaining a sterile environment? Do you know of any airports/airlines that do a superior job of placating its passengers? Are there any psychological (or other) reports I should be aware of? Thank you in advance for your replies.

Originally posted by Airmiles
    What steps are usually taken towards the comfort of passengers going through the security checkpoint, or are the concerns mainly based in maintaining a sterile environment?
    Anxiety resulting from a phobia about going through the metal detector; or about a possible 'pat-down' search?
    Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
    Working...
    X