Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• London Riots = Flashmob

Some interesting points in this article that I didn't know:

1. Majority of London teenagers favor Blackberry Messenger as smartphone.

2. Blackberry features broadcast messaging capability that is difficult to trace - hence, the popularity with certain groups.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011...ter-blackberry
    "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Blackberry Messenger is encrypted and relayed through Blackberry's system in Canada. This is why a few middle eastern countries are banning Blackberries outside of internal Kingdom operations, because they can't easedrop on the carrier.

The problem with Blackberry is that its a business phone that someone decided to expand into the consumer marketplace. It has business level security features, etc.
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

There are also lots of pay-as-you-go Blackberry options, at least here in the US, which is why all my sketchier friends and relatives have them.

The secure, invite-only chat feature is also a big selling point.
      The CCTV Blog.

"Expert" is something like "leader". It's not a title that you can ever claim for yourself no matter what you might know or might have done. It's a title that others bestow on you based on their assessment of what you know and what you have done.

-SecTrainer

Comment

Originally posted by CameraMan View Post
        There are also lots of pay-as-you-go Blackberry options, at least here in the US, which is why all my sketchier friends and relatives have them.

The secure, invite-only chat feature is also a big selling point.
        Must be nice to have relatives who keep you informed about the latest criminal technologies, CM!
        Last edited by SecTrainer; 08-12-2011, 06:38 AM.
        "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Comment

Originally posted by SecTrainer View Post
          Must be nice to have relatives who keep you informed about the latest criminal technologies, CM!
          You laugh, but... yes, lots of my relatives are sketchy, and fewer than 20% ever seem to get caught (which means they're good at what they do!). So I know all sorts of things I wish I didn't. Like the old "rent a basement from an old lady in another state and use that address to get mail and use that mail to get breeder documents so you can get cheaper car insurance" scam. Or the whole "assault a CO on your first day in prison so you get thrown into solitary and away from Big Jim" trick.
          The CCTV Blog.

"Expert" is something like "leader". It's not a title that you can ever claim for yourself no matter what you might know or might have done. It's a title that others bestow on you based on their assessment of what you know and what you have done.

-SecTrainer

Comment

Editorialising on the London Riots. A lot of it sounds a little too familiar, especially with the nonsense going on in Philly.
            "A good deed’s like pissing yourself in dark pants. Warm feeling but no one notices." - Jacob Taylor

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
            Working...
            X