Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Putin ordering end of arms control treaty???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Putin ordering end of arms control treaty???

Is this credible information or should we call BS?

"In response to the latest war provocations by the Western Powers, President Putin today ordered the ‘official’ ending of the arms control treaty with the NATO Nations. Putin has further ordered Russia’s Naval Forces back on World-Wide patrol status, with particular focus being on the Russian Navy’s ability to confront NATO Forces in the Mediterranean Sea, and which controls the sea access to the Balkans."

Found it on another forum, this source was posted. Scroll down and the headline is there.

http://www.whatdoesitmean.com/index1054.htm

Sounds like one of those weird websites.
    I'm the guy you don't want to be around when your doing something wrong, but you can't wait for me to get there when your down, to fix you up...

If you don't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

I know he has ordered patrols of the Mediteranean which Russia has not done in some time. While I was in the Navy we encountered the Russian Navy alot in the Pacific and Indian oceans. I have also heard that he has stopped enforcing the Salt II treaty. In a statement he said it was because of the United States putting in the Missile defense field in his back yard. Russia is well known for saber rattling. Since the China economy is booming and the Russian economy is lacking, along with the current world events, I feel he is just trying to talk loudly to get attention. Another cold war and arms race is not in his countries best interest.

Comment

In many instances, this kind of information is intended for consumption by the Russian public. Russia has always felt imposed upon or isolated from the rest of the world. Most of the isolation has been self imposed.
      Many of their influential citizens have moved West especially to the US.
      Enjoy the day,
      Bill

Comment

Putin & the Russians

It's hard to tell anything from the Russians as I agree that it seems that they've always felt imposed upon. At times I wonder if they'll ever make up there minds as to what they're doing!
        "Life In Every Breath"

Comment

We (The United States) have been warned about Putin since he came to power.

A Russian media conglomerate who is reportedly in bed with Putin has recently bought an online media firm called LiveJournal. Some of us here are LJ users, and you may have seen the thread about it. The mass exodus by Russian users fearing censorship under the orders of the Putin government.

While the Soviets were corrupt, they at least had the pretense of an ideological doctrine.

Putin's ideology is that of a Russian Mobster. "GIVE ME MONEY, NOW, ANY WAY YOU CAN."
          Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Yeah, I agree, Russia IS still a problem for the USA, and the rest of the free world.

Some of the problems are caused by USA actions. I think putting those missles right on the edge of Russian borders, to shoot down IRANIAN missles, was a mistake. That really seemed to push PUTIN over an edge.

This was not hard to know it was a mistake. Remember the Cuban Missle crisis, and the US response. Yes, the missles we are now placing are suppose to be defensive, and for use against only Iran, but you have got to know that's not what Putin's thinking.

Russia, from what I have read, has felt the US has been doing what it wants, over Russian objections, and for the most part, Russia has not made that much of an issue of things in the past. But, this missle plan has totally fried them, and they have been rattling sabers over this.

Russia may always have become a problem for us at any time in the future, but we may have caused this most recent Russian military build-up because we didn't take to heart their objections and alter the planning for the implimentation of this program.

I hope it dosen't blow-up in our face.

Comment

Not a political statement but it seems every time we turn a round this administration is pissing off another friendly or not so country. This is the latest one that I found while surfing for a place to go that I haven't seen yet for next summer vacation. I thought Iceland in the summer would be a cool place. Pretty girls and a strong Viking direct descents. Well apparently I didn't get the memo but Bush is closing the large Air Force base in Tali Iceland. His reasoning is that the Soviet Union is gone so no more need.

Tuli (Spell check gave me a wtf on that one) is one of the major employers in that country and the only military force in the country. True they are not fond of diluting the the Viking gene pool and discourage their people from mixing genes with Americans but if the fan turns brown in that part of the world then who would blame them for turning their back on us? I say keep the base and relations good. Maybe down size a little. To the HD clip of Miss Northern Iceland for a flavor of the country.

http://www.lifestyle.is/video/ovissuferd_07_HD.mp4
              Last edited by Chucky; 12-15-2007, 09:32 AM.
              THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A 911 CALL IS FOUR MINUTES
              THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A .357 MAGNUM ROUND IS 1400 FEET PER SECOND?
              http://www.boondocksaints.com/

Comment

Chucky...
                I never realised that the Iclandic women were so unatractive

Throughout history there have been periods where the rest of the world did not like us. But, you have to keep in mind that the majority of countries that say they do not like us mean the foriegn policy and not the people. I have been to approx. 35 countries in the last 20 years and have seen this first hand. In many cases the people are friendly too us they just don't understand or like our policies.

Comment

Things could have changed since the 1950s but when TDY to Reykjavic Iseland, I found the women there stunning beautiful.
                  Enjoy the day,
                  Bill

Comment

Bill, I think Rooney was kidding, as they (the icelandic ladies) are very pretty, and that his little added smilie gives his true opinion away.

Comment

1. Whatever Russia really does will not be a matter of Putin's statements to the media, so you have to take their public threats with a drop of vodka. The intelligence community will put all of this into the hopper along with many other signals and sources (which we don't have) in order to make an assessment.

2. Bush doesn't close bases, per se. The independent BRAC (Base Realignment and Closure)Commission came up with the list of bases that they believe are no longer needed by the military. Naturally, there's always a lot of local distress when a US base closes, but the interesting thing is that many communities have fared better without them after all the angst dies down. Valuable land is reclaimed, and the bases have been converted for all sorts of civic uses, including housing, shopping centers, office/industrial parks and even universities. Some communities have suffered while others have been revitalized, and the difference seems to be how the community chooses to react to the closure.
                      Last edited by SecTrainer; 12-16-2007, 10:25 PM.
                      "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Comment

Originally posted by SecTrainer View Post
                        1. Whatever Russia really does will not be a matter of Putin's statements to the media, so you have to take their public threats with a drop of vodka. The intelligence community will put all of this into the hopper along with many other signals and sources (which we don't have) in order to make an assessment.

2. Bush doesn't close bases, per se. The independent BRAC (Base Realignment and Closure)Commission came up with the list of bases that they believe are no longer needed by the military. Naturally, there's always a lot of local distress when a US base closes, but the interesting thing is that many communities have fared better without them after all the angst dies down. Valuable land is reclaimed, and the bases have been converted for all sorts of civic uses, including housing, shopping centers, office/industrial parks and even universities. Some communities have suffered while others have been revitalized, and the difference seems to be how the community chooses to react to the closure.
                        SecTrainer I have two examples to share on that subject; the first is Clinton County AFB, Wilmington, Ohio. When SAC left in 1960, the Air Force Reserve took back control of a base in which they made $90-million worth of improvements, runways and housing. The Ohio ANG moved in with KC-97L, standard 97s with two jet engines added. The base was finally closed a few years ago and turned into a distribution hub and employed more people and more aircraft activity then ever before.
                        The second is Kelly AFB, San Antonio, Texas. When Air Force Logistic Command left and turned back to the city and state, the place experienced an economic bonanza.
                        Enjoy the day,
                        Bill

Comment

the base personnel, materiel and the associated money are just sent to a political ally's state- or outsourced outright to another country. Just like the corporate system.
                          "Complexity is easy; simplicity is difficult."
                          -Georgy Shpagin, mentor to M. Kalashnikov

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X