No announcement yet.

why is the government neglecting this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why is the government neglecting this?

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=088_1192682853

Mexican soldiers and civilian smugglers had an armed standoff with nearly 30 U.S. law enforcement officials on the Rio Grande in Texas Monday afternoon, according to Texas police and the FBI.

Mexican military Humvees were towing what appeared to be thousands of pounds of marijuana across the border into the United States, said Chief Deputy Mike Doyal, of the Hudspeth County Sheriff's Department.

Mexican Army troops had several mounted machine guns on the ground more than 200 yards inside the U.S. border -- near Neely's Crossing, about 50 miles east of El Paso -- when Border Patrol agents called for backup. Hudspeth County deputies and Texas Highway patrol officers arrived shortly afterward, Doyal said.

"It's been so bred into everyone not to start an international incident with Mexico that it's been going on for years," Doyal said. "When you're up against mounted machine guns, what can you do? Who wants to pull the trigger first? Certainly not us."

An FBI spokeswoman confirmed the incident happened at 2:15 p.m. Pacific Time.

"Bad guys in three vehicles ended up on the border," said Andrea Simmons, a spokeswoman with the FBI's El Paso office. "People with Humvees, who appeared to be with the Mexican Army, were involved with the three vehicles in getting them back across."

Simmons said the FBI was not involved and referred inquiries to U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

ICE did not return calls seeking comment.

Doyal said deputies captured one vehicle in the incident, a Cadillac Escalade reportedly stolen from El Paso, and found 1,477 pounds of marijuana inside. The Mexican soldiers set fire to one of the Humvees stuck in the river, he said.

Doyal's deputies faced a similar incident on Nov. 17, when agents from the Fort Hancock border patrol station in Texas called the sheriff's department for backup after confronting more than six fully armed men dressed in Mexican military uniforms. The men -- who were carrying machine guns and driving military vehicles -- were trying to bring more than three tons of marijuana across the Rio Grande, Doyal said.

Doyal said such incidents are common at Neely's Crossing, which is near Fort Hancock, Texas, and across from the Mexican state of Chihuahua.

"It happens quite often here," he said.

Deputies and border patrol agents are not equipped for combat, he added.

"Our government has to do something," he said. "It's not the immigrants coming over for jobs we're worried about. It's the smugglers, Mexican military and the national threat to our borders that we're worried about."

Citing a Jan. 15 story in the Daily Bulletin, Reps. David Dreier, R-Glendora, and Duncan Hunter, R-San Diego, last week asked the House Judiciary Committee, Department of Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff, the House Homeland Security Committee and the House International Relations Committee to investigate the incursions. The story focused on a Department of Homeland Security document reporting 216 incursions by Mexican soldiers during the past 10 years and a map with the seal of the president's Office of National Drug Control Policy, both of which were given to the newspaper.

Requests by Dreier, chairman of the House Rules Committee, and Hunter were made in jointly signed letters.

On Wednesday, Chertoff played down the reports of border incursions by the Mexican military. He suggested many of the incursions could have been mistakes, blaming bad navigation by military personnel or attributing the incursions to criminals dressed in military garb.

Mexican officials last week denied any incursions made by their military.

But border agents interviewed over the past year have discussed confrontations those they believe to be Mexican military personnel.

"We're sitting ducks," said a border agent speaking on condition of anonymity. "The government has our hands tied."
    sigpicMy ideal security vehicle and uniforms:

Chertoff actually believes or expects us to think he believes the Mexicans don't know where the border is? When there is proof that drugs are involved. Or that they aren't real military.

If they aren't real military, then I guess it wouldn't be an international incident. Arm up boys. We're takin' down some well armed thugs.

Or can they use the Texas National Guard? Would the Governor use them? They've got the fire power to back it up.

It's time we make it an incident. Time to seal up our borders from terrorists, drug dealers and criminals, and illegal aliens. There is absolutely no reason, technological or economical, that we can't fix this.
    sigpic
    Rocket Science
    Making everything else look simple, since 1958.

http://my.opera.com/integrator/blog/
    One Man's Opinion

The Future. It isn't what it used to be.

Comment

A co-worker of mine was activated with his National Guard unit to go and protect the border for a while and they were only allowed one (1) loaded magazine each for their M-16 rifles. So I don't that's going to help much against vehicle mounted weapons...
      Apparently a HUGE cop wannabe...

Comment

There is an Army Fort dealing with R&D located on the Arizona-Mexican border.
        Questions anyone? If so, they will not be answered and the questioner will be dismissed from the service.
        Now, any questions? I thought not!
        Enjoy the day,
        Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Warnock View Post
          There is an Army Fort dealing with R&D located on the Arizona-Mexican border.
          Questions anyone? If so, they will not be answered and the questioner will be dismissed from the service.
          Now, any questions? I thought not!
          Enjoy the day,
          Bill
          Yes, I got a question sir! What the hell we doing here?

I always was one to stir the pot and not follow blindly
          sigpic
          Rocket Science

One Man's Opinion

Comment

I have crossed the USA / Mexico border a few times through to TJ and it is a nightmare and best described as a wonderful lock on the front door. But if the side windows and back door are left open ........... it is pretty much useless right ?

I also heard something similar SgtNew' with Katrina and with the NG's BP deployment (hopefully these NG's were issued with Hollywood Mags that never run empty and never need reloading like on tv). Soldier of Fortune mag ran an article on the BP assistances who provided eyes and ears on Coyotes to assist the BP but alot more is needed. When you work it out, can you send us the operations manual for our illegal fishing boats from Asia ?
            "Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer" Sun Tzu

Comment

Originally posted by NRM_Oz View Post
              I have crossed the USA / Mexico border a few times through to TJ and it is a nightmare and best described as a wonderful lock on the front door. But if the side windows and back door are left open ........... it is pretty much useless right ?

I also heard something similar SgtNew' with Katrina and with the NG's BP deployment (hopefully these NG's were issued with Hollywood Mags that never run empty and never need reloading like on tv). Soldier of Fortune mag ran an article on the BP assistances who provided eyes and ears on Coyotes to assist the BP but alot more is needed. When you work it out, can you send us the operations manual for our illegal fishing boats from Asia ?
              I'll take 2 of those Hollywood Mags, Oz...oh, wait...I guess I'd only need one, right?
              "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Comment

Originally posted by integrator97 View Post
                Yes, I got a question sir! What the hell we doing here?

I always was one to stir the pot and not follow blindly
                Integrator, we are talking about Fort Hauchuca, AZ. They had/have daily incursions on this Post and as such reports are made up the chain of command. It is almost like reporting on ancient history.
                Interestingly enough it is home to an US Army Intelligence unit, joint service intelligence training maneuvers, DEA and Homeland Security elements.
                I doubt we will ever know the extent of what goes on there as far as illegal activities given the complicity of the Mexican Government, corruption being as rampant as sometimes reported.
                Jessee is reporting on what appears to be the tip of the iceberg!
                Enjoy the day,
                Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Warnock View Post
                  Integrator, we are talking about Fort Hauchuca, AZ. They had/have daily incursions on this Post and as such reports are made up the chain of command. It is almost like reporting on ancient history.
                  Interestingly enough it is home to an US Army Intelligence unit, joint service intelligence training maneuvers, DEA and Homeland Security elements.
                  I doubt we will ever know the extent of what goes on there as far as illegal activities given the complicity of the Mexican Government, corruption being as rampant as sometimes reported.
                  Jessee is reporting on what appears to be the tip of the iceberg!
                  Enjoy the day,
                  Bill
                  Well maybe our next President will be willing to let the necessary enforcement agencies do what's necessary to stop this and further secure out borders.
                  sigpic
                  Rocket Science

One Man's Opinion

Comment

Well maybe our next President will be willing to let the necessary enforcement agencies do what's necessary to stop this and further secure out borders.
                    I don't think so. That takes courage to confront the need for cheap migratory labor, too many palms are being greased. We have farmers in this country that have stated without the cheap migrant labor, their products will rot in the field because native born Americans look upon such stoop labor as an anathema.
                    And more importantly, there is the apparent insatiable desire for illicit drugs. We jump up and down about the street user and pusher, yet we do not raise an eyebrow when the rich, say in the Georgetown section of DC or chic set in Beverly Hills have cocaine in sugar bowls, combined blow 20-grand in an evening. Look at the surge in demand for pure heroin or cut product on the streets.
                    There is little publicity given to the Border Patrol Agents who retire with medical disabilities due to serious injuries received on the job.
                    The Mexican leadership have stated in the past, that the migration of the poor to the US takes the pressure off the political pressure cooker they have down in Mexico that some of their leadership fear could lead to civil war.
                    Enjoy the day,
                    Bill

Comment

I'm taking my hockey stick & getting the half hour drive to protect the Canadian border. The Canadian dollar is creaping up to $1.05 US. We are going to have to start beating off you guys LOL!
                      I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
                      Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Originally posted by HotelSecurity View Post
                        I'm taking my hockey stick & getting the half hour drive to protect the Canadian border. The Canadian dollar is creaping up to $1.05 US. We are going to have to start beating off you guys LOL!
                        Isn't Shania Twain Canadian? She's kinda hot. Tempting offer.
                        sigpic
                        Rocket Science

One Man's Opinion

Comment

Sadly Bill, you're probably right. We need another Ronald Reagan, if you ask me.
                          sigpic
                          Rocket Science

One Man's Opinion

Comment

Sadly Bill, you're probably right. We need another Ronald Reagan, if you ask me.
                            Integrator, Ronald Reagan was forced to face political reality when he wanted to clamp down on illegal migration. He took a triple hit, the farm lobby, the labor lobby and the third from various religious groups.
                            Many from Mexico, Central and South America see the United States as a refuge from a double headed predator, corrupt governments and criminal gangs or cartels.
                            Shortly before I retired, an assignment to me to federal courthouses and magistrate courts along the US-Mexican border in Texas. While doing one of the night inspections, a deputy sheriff accompanying the deputy marshal and I told us of two incidents where Mexican soldiers force their way into this house and kidnapped a teen aged daughter taking her back to their barracks and gang raping and sodomizing her. They brought her back to her house and a Mexican officer drew his service pistol and shot the father in the knee as a warning to keep his mouth shut. In both instances the daughters and their fathers crossed the border for medical help.
                            A tale far more prevalent, both Mexico and Central America are the "processing fees" charged families who receive money orders sent by loved ones in the US. In some instances it can amount to one-fourth the total sum of the money order. Corrupt government officials and check cashing firms receive a windfall. I'd bet it still goes on to this day, probably worse!
                            Enjoy the day,
                            Bill

Comment

Originally posted by NRM_Oz View Post
                              Soldier of Fortune mag ran an article on the BP assistances who provided eyes and ears on Coyotes to assist the BP but alot more is needed. When you work it out, can you send us the operations manual for our illegal fishing boats from Asia ?
                              You mean the ones our Navy reportedly set fire to and/or sink?
                              "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give" - Winston Churchill

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X