X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JB diligence
    replied
    Originally posted by CameraMan View Post
    Sorry to resurrect a dead thread, but this seemed pertinent.

Click on the link with a grain of salt, it was originally published in the Al-Guardian.
    Schneier makes some good points as far as landmarks and tourist attractions are concerned. IMO, We should still, regardless of this "post 9-11 world" mentality be concerned with certain facilities/properties. IE industrial sites Petro-Chem, manufacturing, not only with terrorism (which seems to be the focus) but espionage, and good ole' and equally important theft as well and those planning such. The likelihood theft & espionage far surpasses that of terrorism fortunately.

But keeping the thread title in mind any photographers taking pictures of things aside from the night entertainment scene must not be ignored.
    Last edited by JB diligence; 06-06-2008, 05:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Curtis Baillie
    replied
    Originally posted by CameraMan View Post

Click on the link with a grain of salt, it was originally published in the Al-Guardian.
    No need to be sorry. I continue to see reports about this topic.

Leave a comment:

• CameraMan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• echo06
    replied
    Send the K9 after'em...thats what I say !!

Leave a comment:

• JB diligence
    replied
    Originally posted by Ron Jessee View Post
    Suddenly I have a hankering to watch "Canadian Bacon" With Alan Alda and John Candy. You know, where the president picks a fight with Canada to improve his approval ratings
    Truely Mr. Candy at his finest. I still laugh when I think about the scene where they are sneaking around the power plant.

Leave a comment:

• Ron Jessee
    replied
    Suddenly I have a hankering to watch "Canadian Bacon" With Alan Alda and John Candy. You know, where the president picks a fight with Canada to improve his approval ratings

Leave a comment:

• Bill Warnock
    replied
    JB, not as far fetched at all. When someone is running a reconnaisance on something like a hospital, we who serve in either security or law enforcement should want to know who they are and why they are there.
    I had an Air Force senior NCO once tell me, "Warnock even paranoids have enemies."
    Enjoy the day,
    Bill

Leave a comment:

• JB diligence
    replied
    A little off topic at first but bear with me;

I replied to an article on the CTV news website (Canadian TV station) the story was about how American Government Accountability Office officers breached the Canada/US border Check it out, I replied with my own opinions amongst the many calling it "American Paranoia" and so on.
    http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNew...hub=TopStories

My point is It's not paranoia, its reality and complacency kills.

We need to challenge those taking pictures of sensitive places buildings and structures we protect, as not every one owns a spy plane to do there recon. (OK a bit far fetched).

Stay alert, stay safe.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    You know

better paranoid than sorry. Good eyes y'all.

Leave a comment:

• Ron Jessee
    replied
    i haven't run into anyone else recently. still nothing from the media.

Leave a comment:

• sgtnewby
    replied
    I went to TMC recently and struck up a conversation with an officer that mentioned that very thing. This would have been maybe 2 weeks ago. 2 different guys, young, clean shaven hispanics between 2 & 4am. He said it happened about 4 times at different hospitals around the medical center.

Nothing ever made the news though
    Our guy was white, and it was him both times.

Leave a comment:

• Bill Warnock
    replied
    I went to TMC recently and struck up a conversation with an officer that mentioned that very thing. This would have been maybe 2 weeks ago. 2 different guys, young, clean shaven hispanics between 2 & 4am. He said it happened about 4 times at different hospitals around the medical center.

Ron, did you hear any rumblings from HPD or HFD yet?
    Enjoy the day,
    Bill

Leave a comment:

• Ron Jessee
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    I chase 'em away - no pictures permitted. They can do what they wish on a public road, but otherwise no trespassing.

Leave a comment:

• sgtnewby
    replied
    Originally posted by N. A. Corbier View Post
    This used to happen, and was noted. It then stopped, and people stopped thinking of it.

If I remember correctly, it was in 2001-2003.

This happened to us over the last week and a half. Our investigator looked into it and was able to get a hold of the kids professor, who confirmed that it was in fact for a class project. Although I still don't understand why you would need pictures of air intakes, emergency personell entrences, and news paper boxes...

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X