Curious photographers around hospitals @ 2am

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curious photographers around hospitals @ 2am

Have any other hospitals come across this recently, say, within the last few weeks? This has happened to us twice in the last week and a half. Same guy, told both times not to do it. This last time, we had MPD come out and take a report. Looking through his digital camera, he had pictures of emergency vehicle entrences, police & paramedic entrences into Crisis, news paper boxes outside of entryways, and garbage cans near entrences. I guess his info and the report went to DHS, but it's still creepy.
    Last edited by sgtnewby; 09-20-2007, 09:13 PM.
    Apparently a HUGE cop wannabe...

Interesting. Not around here that I've heard of, I have 5 hospitals that report to me, as I make my inspections this weekend I'll pass that on.
    SecurityProfessional is Back up and running!

Comment

I forwarded this information, photograph and all, to local law enforcement and medical community here and other parts of Northern Virginia.
      Thanks for the heads-up.
      Enjoy the day,
      Bill

Comment

This used to happen, and was noted. It then stopped, and people stopped thinking of it.

If I remember correctly, it was in 2001-2003.
        Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier View Post
          This used to happen, and was noted. It then stopped, and people stopped thinking of it.

If I remember correctly, it was in 2001-2003.

This happened to us over the last week and a half. Our investigator looked into it and was able to get a hold of the kids professor, who confirmed that it was in fact for a class project. Although I still don't understand why you would need pictures of air intakes, emergency personell entrences, and news paper boxes...

Comment

I chase 'em away - no pictures permitted. They can do what they wish on a public road, but otherwise no trespassing.
            Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

I went to TMC recently and struck up a conversation with an officer that mentioned that very thing. This would have been maybe 2 weeks ago. 2 different guys, young, clean shaven hispanics between 2 & 4am. He said it happened about 4 times at different hospitals around the medical center.

Nothing ever made the news though
              sigpicMy ideal security vehicle and uniforms:

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Jessee View Post
                I went to TMC recently and struck up a conversation with an officer that mentioned that very thing. This would have been maybe 2 weeks ago. 2 different guys, young, clean shaven hispanics between 2 & 4am. He said it happened about 4 times at different hospitals around the medical center.

Ron, did you hear any rumblings from HPD or HFD yet?
                Enjoy the day,
                Bill

Comment

Our guy was white, and it was him both times.

Comment

i haven't run into anyone else recently. still nothing from the media.

Comment

You know

better paranoid than sorry. Good eyes y'all.

Comment

A little off topic at first but bear with me;

I replied to an article on the CTV news website (Canadian TV station) the story was about how American Government Accountability Office officers breached the Canada/US border Check it out, I replied with my own opinions amongst the many calling it "American Paranoia" and so on.
                        http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNew...hub=TopStories

My point is It's not paranoia, its reality and complacency kills.

We need to challenge those taking pictures of sensitive places buildings and structures we protect, as not every one owns a spy plane to do there recon. (OK a bit far fetched).

Stay alert, stay safe.
                        I'm the guy you don't want to be around when your doing something wrong, but you can't wait for me to get there when your down, to fix you up...

If you don't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Comment

JB, not as far fetched at all. When someone is running a reconnaisance on something like a hospital, we who serve in either security or law enforcement should want to know who they are and why they are there.
                          I had an Air Force senior NCO once tell me, "Warnock even paranoids have enemies."
                          Enjoy the day,
                          Bill

Comment

Suddenly I have a hankering to watch "Canadian Bacon" With Alan Alda and John Candy. You know, where the president picks a fight with Canada to improve his approval ratings

Comment

Suddenly I have a hankering to watch "Canadian Bacon" With Alan Alda and John Candy. You know, where the president picks a fight with Canada to improve his approval ratings
                              Truely Mr. Candy at his finest. I still laugh when I think about the scene where they are sneaking around the power plant.
                              I'm the guy you don't want to be around when your doing something wrong, but you can't wait for me to get there when your down, to fix you up...

If you don't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X