Plans to attack schools?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plans to attack schools?

I am not sure what to think about this little article, in which they discuss the possibility of terrorist plans to attack our schools and kill the children.

The link for the article was posted in one of my online class discussion boards, so since there are people here that do school security, I thought I would post it.

Take a look and share your thoughts....

http://www.killology.com/art_mass_slaughter.htm

Wow. Makes you think. If it ever happens, I'm all for a lesson with a small nuke in somebodies back yard. Sometimes you have to fight inhumanity with inhumanity.
    sigpic
    Rocket Science
    Making everything else look simple, since 1958.

http://my.opera.com/integrator/blog/
    One Man's Opinion

The Future. It isn't what it used to be.

Comment

No surprise......

As horrible as that possibility sounds, it is no surprise to me! Muslim fanatics have attacked Israeli schools since that country's inception. Hell, they have attacked muslim schools too!

Be safe,

Hank
      " We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on one hand and of overwhelming force on the other" - General George C. Marshall

Comment

Thanks Chadly, I've sent it on to folks who have replied with, thanks!
        Enjoy the day,
        Bill

Comment

It is scary. But, it is nothing new. Since the attack at the school in Russia and other school attacks it was inevitable that they would want to hit our schools. In thier minds it is warranted to hit the children of "infidels" to stop the progression of the "infidel" belief system.

This is also why I am a strong believer in the possesion of firearms by school personnel (principle, security, maybe some of the teachers). Although I do think it should require special training by the persons that have weapons on school grounds. It would also require special legislation to limit the responsibility of the school district. The reason I say this is if someone does go in and attack a school and a student gets hit while the (I'll say) Principle shoots at the subject(s). We already have WAY too many lawsuits against people trying to help others.

I know some school districts are finally moving forward to require all classrooms have solid core doors and dead bolt locks. I know some schools have also rid the doors of windows so an intruder cannot see who or how many are in a classroom. CCTV in the classrooms is also a good step.

Stay vigilant and safe. We are ALL in this together.

Comment

A timely thread. Today is the 1st anniversary of the shooting at Dawson College in Montreal. Some new security measures have been taken (I posted them in another thread) but still no armed people inside the school.
            I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
            Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooney View Post
              It is scary. But, it is nothing new. Since the attack at the school in Russia and other school attacks it was inevitable that they would want to hit our schools. In thier minds it is warranted to hit the children of "infidels" to stop the progression of the "infidel" belief system.

This is also why I am a strong believer in the possesion of firearms by school personnel (principle, security, maybe some of the teachers). Although I do think it should require special training by the persons that have weapons on school grounds. It would also require special legislation to limit the responsibility of the school district. The reason I say this is if someone does go in and attack a school and a student gets hit while the (I'll say) Principle shoots at the subject(s). We already have WAY too many lawsuits against people trying to help others.

I know some school districts are finally moving forward to require all classrooms have solid core doors and dead bolt locks. I know some schools have also rid the doors of windows so an intruder cannot see who or how many are in a classroom. CCTV in the classrooms is also a good step.

Stay vigilant and safe. We are ALL in this together.

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/docume...7-hIB-5162.pdf

There was a bill just introduced in Michigan that is along these lines. The chief executive officer of a school can authorize a teacher, administrator or other school employee to carry a concealed pistol.

It doesn't look like it is getting much support though.

Comment

Most of the principals I"ve known weren't people you wanted armed.

I think we need to be very careful about assuming what might be a target. We get too caught up looking at high value targets (the nuke plants etc.) when a terrorist, who just wants to cause "terror" just needs a target of opportunity. Why go for a hardended target when so many easy, lightly protected targets abound.

Comment

Verily LOL. My old high school principal was an ex marine. However it saddens and sickens me that this is the world we bequeath unto our kids. "Thanks a lot dad...get your own grampers"

I also hate that because people on the other side of the pond had to target each others kids- now that gets to happen here. Maybe whichever school gets picked will have a student go ape that day and 2 problems will cancel each other out. Unlikely as it may be.

Hey, I have to try to inject a bit of warped humor somewhere, this is saddening stuff...
                  sigpicMy ideal security vehicle and uniforms:

Comment

Schools, shopping centers and so forth are "soft" targets; the happy hunting ground for the lunatic mind.
                    Enjoy the day,
                    Bill

Comment

In addition, schools and shopping centers in locales that do not have extensive law enforcement capabilities are even softer targets. Terrorists want the advantage and pick targets that are not within easy reach of a SWAT team or federal response unit.
                      Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
                      Co-Author - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Comment

Originally posted by Security Consultant View Post
                        In addition, schools and shopping centers in locales that do not have extensive law enforcement capabilities are even softer targets. Terrorists want the advantage and pick targets that are not within easy reach of a SWAT team or federal response unit.
                        Curtis, we in this profession as well as law enforcement must be ever mindful of the success these folks have had against our military and first responders by employing the 3-2-1 concept. As you posted above, they have the luxury of target selection while we have the dubious task of anticipating their moves spending ourselves in bankruptcy.
                        Enjoy the day,
                        Bill

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X