Next Terror target: THEME PARKS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next Terror target: THEME PARKS?

Just got some confidential information that I can't go into any further, but stay vigilant.
    Police Officer

Experience: Bouncer, EMT, Theme Park Security, Money Transport, Armed Guard

Theme parks have long been on the DHS list of high target probability.
    Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
    Co-Author - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Comment

Originally posted by dannyr619 View Post
      Just got some confidential information that I can't go into any further, but stay vigilant.
      So did I, so watch your schools. I'm sure these are not confidential and top secret potential targets. Got any sources for us to follow up on?
      Jerry
      http://personalprotectionconcepts.info

Comment

"Soft Targets" were and still are a neddlesome security issue. It is not surprising that theme parks and schools are receiving more scrutiny as security in general has been ratcheted up of late.
        Headline grabbers such as today's Glasgow IAP terrorist attack followed on the heels of discovering two car bombs in London's Haymarket District will have us on edge and celebrations in terroristss camps.
        I dread to think of school buses being blown up in coordinated attacks.
        Enjoy the day,
        Bill

Comment

I got a shocker for you all! Petrochemical plants. Honest, they're looking at the petrochemical plants.

Folks, there are... thousands... if not hundreds of thousands of individual cells of multiple "terrorist organizations" out there. They're looking at everything.
          Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Warnock View Post
            Headline grabbers such as today's Glasgow IAP terrorist attack followed on the heels of discovering two car bombs in London's Haymarket District will have us on edge and celebrations in terroristss camps.
            All too true Bill...
            The moment that the Glasgow incident broke we were on "high alert".
            A few members of my crew were taken aback when I issued their orders as to how to proceed for the remainder of their shift.
            The staff (non-security etc.) that were aware of the high alert were visibly uneasy with the possibility that this could have been a wide spread co-ordinated attack.
            In a place that employs over 10 thousand people and sees 31 million people a year panic and fear can spread all too quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier View Post
              I got a shocker for you all! Petrochemical plants. Honest, they're looking at the petrochemical plants.

Folks, there are... thousands... if not hundreds of thousands of individual cells of multiple "terrorist organizations" out there. They're looking at everything.
              Nathan, back in 1983 my boss US Army Colonel Charles A. Hammaker, Jr. Chief Security, DARCOM, now back to its original name, Army Materiel Command, briefed the Army Staff we had no air intrusion plan for hijacked commerical aircraft into the Pentagon, other federal buildings or large commercial buildings. He was laughed at. He also included in the brief the notion of either airliners or smaller aircraft loaded with explosives flying into petrochemical plants especially those manufacturing toxic chemicals such as the equivalent of phosgene, COCL, used commercially in many applications. Again laughter. The man was dead serious.
              In my fifty plus years in security, I am amazed at the apparent laxity of providing security to high threat targets.
              Enjoy the day,
              Bill

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier View Post
                That's what I would expect. They like targets that cripple infrastructure. Keeping vehicles as far away as possible from supplies can help, but nothing is invincible.
                Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Warnock View Post
                  ...... He also included in the brief the notion of either airliners or smaller aircraft loaded with explosives flying into petrochemical plants especially those manufacturing toxic chemicals such as the equivalent of phosgene, COCL, used commercially in many applications. ......Enjoy the day,
                  Bill
                  Balloons and high-strung wires can be used to snag low flying aircraft near such plants. Establish a no-fly zone with plenty of visual warnings to prevent accidents by lost pilots.
                  Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Security View Post
                    Balloons and high-strung wires can be used to snag low flying aircraft near such plants. Establish a no-fly zone with plenty of visual warnings to prevent accidents by lost pilots.
                    There is always a danger when we take out our crystal ball and try to anticipate the next target. Soft targets are obvious and hard targets make good publicity for these mutants. Using my own amateur, and admittedly weak, powers of deduction, I would say that London and Glasgow represented a soft and a more hardened set of targets. Theme parks, schools and shopping centers will always tempting, but don't discount an attack on military bases or police stations in the near future either.
                    Jerry
                    http://personalprotectionconcepts.info

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X