Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Secure Border Initiative(SBInet)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by user999 View Post
    I can only say what I witnessed in Miami.
    I was shocked to see how many homeless people crowl out after 17.00 to the streets, begging for money and feeling so comfortably in their cardboard boxes.
    Not so in my quite poor and small country.
    Here everyone works.
    I agree with you that we do have a population in this country that is lazy. And, I feel a large part of that is due to the politicians and society giving this "We are owed" mentality. Welfare was "supposed" to be a temporary thing to get people back on thier feet. Some just use it for an excuse not to work. In my opinion anyone that gets ANY government help must work or volunteer to offset the cost to the taxpayer.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Rooney View Post
      I agree with you that we do have a population in this country that is lazy. And, I feel a large part of that is due to the politicians and society giving this "We are owed" mentality. Welfare was "supposed" to be a temporary thing to get people back on thier feet. Some just use it for an excuse not to work. In my opinion anyone that gets ANY government help must work or volunteer to offset the cost to the taxpayer.
      Don't get me started on a rant about the gov't programs that were supposed to be for those in need that have become entitlements to all, or long term (SSI for instance) .
      sigpic
      Rocket Science
      Making everything else look simple, since 1958.


      http://my.opera.com/integrator/blog/
      One Man's Opinion

      The Future. It isn't what it used to be.

      Comment


      • #18
        The Secure Border Initiative will slow down illegal immigration. However, it not stop it. No matter what size of the physical barrier they emplace or the technology they use for the virtual fence, illegals will still get across. Saying that, the U.S. needs to start somewhere and I believe the Secure Border Initiative is a good place to start.

        I currently live where in a State where illegal immigration runs rapid. The impact illegal immigration has is beyond belief.

        Let me list a few of them:

        • Overcrowded schools (in which bilingual teachers are paid more if they speak Spanish)
        • Overcrowded emergency rooms (where the illegals are using them for routine doctors visits)
        • Taking over the majority of entry level jobs (that most people who are in their 30s – 40s use to do when they were teens)
        • Crime has increased (identity theft is a major problem where I live)
        • Unpaid taxes (why should law abiding citizens support these criminals. My tax dollars are paying for the social services our municipalities and States provide to them for free)

        Just my thoughts.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Norseman View Post
          The Secure Border Initiative will slow down illegal immigration. However, it not stop it. No matter what size of the physical barrier they emplace or the technology they use for the virtual fence, illegals will still get across. Saying that, the U.S. needs to start somewhere and I believe the Secure Border Initiative is a good place to start.

          I currently live where in a State where illegal immigration runs rapid. The impact illegal immigration has is beyond belief.

          Let me list a few of them:

          • Overcrowded schools (in which bilingual teachers are paid more if they speak Spanish)
          • Overcrowded emergency rooms (where the illegals are using them for routine doctors visits)
          • Taking over the majority of entry level jobs (that most people who are in their 30s – 40s use to do when they were teens)
          • Crime has increased (identity theft is a major problem where I live)
          • Unpaid taxes (why should law abiding citizens support these criminals. My tax dollars are paying for the social services our municipalities and States provide to them for free)

          Just my thoughts.
          Absolutely agree on all counts.

          Here in Tucson Arizona there is even a story released this week of a school teacher that requires the students to do the Pledge of Allegiance in Spanish, not after english or before english, only in spanish. It is in a fifth grade class. If it was in high school spanish class I "might" understand.

          We also had another roll over accident of a van with 30 illegals in it. 5 life flights and numerous ambulances to many area hospitals. On the news the reporter at the news desk asked the reporter in the field, "Who is going to pay for this?". The field reporters response, "The feds will reimburse the hospitals for most of it.". What the hell kind of answer is that, "the feds"? Why doesn't the media state it for what it is. WE are going to pay for it.
          Close the border NOW.

          Comment


          • #20
            Ditto. And let me add a new reason to keep out the illegals.

            This country cannot afford to keep up the population growth, in ways not previously discussed.
            Energy - people require and use energy. It is and will continue to be in short supply.
            Water - people require and use water. If you think people are willing to fight for oil, wait till it's water. IT IS GOING TO HAPPEN, unless we take steps to curb it's use in the decades to come.

            Every manufacturing job or tech job lost to other countries is another unemployed US citizen. At some point, these people will HAVE to take a job in the "service" or construction (when it bounces back) economy. You know, all those jobs the illegals are doing, like sacking groceries, mowing lawns, roofing, insulating houses, framing, etc.

            They say we are becoming a service economy. Well, how are we going to make money to pay the illegal to do the service, if service is all we have?
            sigpic
            Rocket Science
            Making everything else look simple, since 1958.


            http://my.opera.com/integrator/blog/
            One Man's Opinion

            The Future. It isn't what it used to be.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Rooney View Post
              Absolutely agree on all counts.

              Here in Tucson Arizona there is even a story released this week of a school teacher that requires the students to do the Pledge of Allegiance in Spanish, not after english or before english, only in spanish. It is in a fifth grade class. If it was in high school spanish class I "might" understand.

              We also had another roll over accident of a van with 30 illegals in it. 5 life flights and numerous ambulances to many area hospitals. On the news the reporter at the news desk asked the reporter in the field, "Who is going to pay for this?". The field reporters response, "The feds will reimburse the hospitals for most of it.". What the hell kind of answer is that, "the feds"? Why doesn't the media state it for what it is. WE are going to pay for it.
              Close the border NOW.
              Many health insurance policies don't even cover air ambulance. Yup, you and I are gonna pay for it.
              sigpic
              Rocket Science
              Making everything else look simple, since 1958.


              http://my.opera.com/integrator/blog/
              One Man's Opinion

              The Future. It isn't what it used to be.

              Comment


              • #22
                Here's another one that gets my goat.

                The Los Angeles City Country adopted a polciy called Special Order 40. Special Order 40 is a police mandate implemented in 1979 preventing LAPD officers from obtaining immigration status from detained suspects.

                Note: This policy is still in effect today.

                http://keepstuff.homestead.com/Spec40orig.html

                Comment


                • #23
                  I wonder if Bush has gotten permission to enforce our laws and protect out boarders from the President of Mexico? Lord knows that we are not allowed to do so without their permission. Maybe Bush can negotiate our surrender to the great country of Mexico and save alot of hassel with boarder enforcement. I thinks a combination of Corporate greed,political correctness and plane old being spineless. Learn spanish.

                  Comment

                  Leaderboard

                  Collapse
                  Working...
                  X