Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pittsburg terror suspect

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2019...-name-of-isis/

Huh. I guess we really should screen refugees coming into the U.S., like the administration recommended. I predict you will hear crickets chirping from the far left on this one.

Originally posted by Condo Guard View Post
    https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2019...-name-of-isis/

Huh. I guess we really should screen refugees coming into the U.S., like the administration recommended. I predict you will hear crickets chirping from the far left on this one.
    Agree, If this were right wing group planning on bombing a Mosque the Drive By Media would have kittens
    Rachel Mad Cow Maddows, and Moring Joe on MSNBC would call any Conservative deplorables

News rating for MSNBC, and CNN combined is under two million viewership
    Two million may seem like a good number of viewers, until you look at percentage of those
    watching
    MSNBC, and CNN, 6/10 of 1% of Americans view this garbage networks
    Don Lemon on CNN? He's down to 750,000 viewership of 330,000,000 Americans
    He's down to 2/10 of 1% of Americans watch CNN

News is in big trouble. Nobody watches anymore
    ABC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC, NBC, and yes even FOX whose ratings are tad over 2 million
    Nobody, or very few anyone under 40 watches network news anymore

Newspapers? Forget it
    Boston had many daily news paper years ago
    Boston Post
    Boston Herald
    Boston Traveler
    Boston Globe
    Boston Record American

My brother and I were newspaper boys for the Herald, and Traveler

Now down to Boston Herald and Boston Globe
    Those two newspapers combined Sunday circulation 40 years ago, 2.5 million readers
    2019, now combined 450,000. Somewhere 2 million readers disappeared
    http://www.laurel-and-hardy.com/ Greatest Comedy team ever!

Comment

You actually bring up a good point - one that security and law enforcement should always consider, which is threats are not binary, as in either / or. The left wants you to believe the biggest threat is White Nationalists, a broad category that that they use to smear the target of the day. The right wants you to believe the biggest threat is either Islamic terrorists or MS-13, depending upon the talking points of the day.

The truth: danger comes from a variety of political and social viewpoints, many of which goad their followers to eventually commit violence against innocents. Without compromising operational security, where I work is an example of a place that, for various reasons, could be a target for a variety of bad guys. I'm not looking for just neo-nazis or suspicious "foreigners" - I'm looking for ANYONE who appears to be up to no good based on behavior and current information on threats, etc.

Mass shooters have shown they kill for variety of reasons - political, social or just settling grudges (aka fired workers, spurned spouses, etc.). The media's incessant quest to dumb every situation down to a single cause is one reason why the U.S. is the way it is, and we can't seem to agree on a coherent policy on immigration, gun control or crime.
      Last edited by Condo Guard; 06-25-2019, 04:41 PM.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
      Working...
      X