Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cell phone alert test 2018

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-adm...184608708.html

As noted, this is an Obama administration policy. Hopefully we don't have a repeat of Hawaii.

Well, it didn't live up to the hype - turns out older phones and newer ones lacking certain software did not get the test message. The only way I knew it happened was because my TV was on and I heard / saw the alert.

Comment

Ehh, my S5's running droid 6, my iphone 6s running umm ios 11 something & my folks s4's running droid 5 I think (dont think they're running 4) all got the presidental alert. Even the s4's where I could turn them off still got them, so they can override the controls, which find interesting.

I dont doubt some didnt get them, I just find it interesting about the whole shebang.

Comment

The system has been in the works got years. This was the first full test of EAS and it was a success. It's an alert system. I can't understand why people think it's some type of Trump conspiracy.

Its designed to WARN the public. Why is this so difficult to figure out?

Comment

Because the liberal media kept calling it the "Presidential Alert System," which is a twisting of the facts. One talking head head started with, "Next week you'll be receiving a text from President Trump..." as if the president was personally typing the message.

Anyone who has ever had a weather radio knows that even if it is off it will give the alert tone when the storm or tornado is headed your way. (Hence the name, "emergency radio." ) I think it was overhyped, and then the media tried to make it another Trump failure when every single cell phone in the entire U.S. didn't get the message.

Comment

EWAS works on 90% of the existing systems. That's a huge win for safety. No one in EM cares about what the news calls it, we only care that it works.

Comment

Originally posted by Soper View Post
              The system has been in the works got years. This was the first full test of EAS and it was a success. It's an alert system. I can't understand why people think it's some type of Trump conspiracy.

Its designed to WARN the public. Why is this so difficult to figure out?
              I was disappointed. I was sure Trump would "do what comes natural" and get the opportunity to make it a National Tweet. Let us all know what wonderful thing he just did, and who is on his S-list this week, etc. I wanted Trump to "do his thing" and barge into "everyone's private phone" just to trigger the Snowflakes. I have been telling people that if you got the message on your phone and are an Illegal Alien, well, now they know and can tract you.

Anyways, I remember when freeways in CA got those road side call boxes. It went to CHP. If you had ANY sort of emergency besides CHP stuff they'd tell you "find a payphone and call 911". LOL. People were calling with stuff like "driving grandpa having seizure, we need amber-lamps" and CHP would say "find payphone". IIRC CHP wouldn't even tell you nearest payphone. I hear they got the system working better, after the last hold out in CA finally got a cell phone. I think I was 2nd to last. LOL.

I figure in about 20-30yrs citizens/victims will be able to TEXT a picture late breaking important info (like kids do today) of suspect, etc directly to 911, and then 911 could send that directly to LEO in the area. Chances are local LEOs would already know his first last, and "street name" when they see his pic.

I'm guessing Law Enforcement Community will embrace "texting" of 2-D PICTURES by citizens shortly after a Star Trek style "transporter" beam for OBJECTS comes into common use.

When did Seat Belt laws happen? Just after cars got Airbags (designed to work with or without belts).

If someone discovered a cure for cancer tobacco would be made an illegal drug.
              Last edited by Squid; 10-09-2018, 09:23 PM.

Comment

300x250

Collapse

Mid 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Super Leaderboard

Collapse
              Working...
              X