Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Risk of Attack Rising, Officials In Europe Say

New Threats by Al-Qaeda No. 2 Single Out Britain and France

BERLIN, Dec. 20 -- The threat of a terrorist attack on European soil by Islamic radicals has increased substantially in recent months, reaching its highest levels since the London transit attacks of July 2005, according to European counterterrorism officials. Adding to the anxiety: fresh threats against Britain and France delivered Wednesday by al-Qaeda's deputy leader........
    "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

A Planned Strategy

Constantly making threats serves to make agencies complacent, especially when the deadline(s) passes w/o any attack. Terrorist know that people become apathetic when warnings don't pan out. That's always been true of the public, whether it's a tsunami, hurricane or similar warning.

It's human nature as well. The first time a soldier hears a gunshot, he ducks. After a while, he no longer reacts to the noise because it's commonplace. You get the idea. Complacency kills.
    Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Engineer

I agree about constant threats causing complacency, but having "zero" security measures for protection is asking for trouble. Proactivity, not reactivity is the key! How many times do we need to be warned? Where there's smoke, there usually is fire! Stay vigilantly prepared.....

Comment

Post to bury SPAM.

Comment

Engineer

With the report that was mentioned on MSNBC on Thursday that described the fact that the US was, and is the #1 target amongst terrorist groups who seem intent to inflict another "large scale" attack on our country and its citizens we need to remain alert! Complacency has no home here in the US if we're to be successful.

A fact remains that it took years of planning to initiate and impliment 9/11 from the terrorist.

It has been over 5 years since that day.....

The radical Muslim groups aren't the only enemies we have now...

IRAN
          KOREA
          CHINA
          SYRIA
          CUBA
          and many more.......

Stay Alert my fellow citizens!

Comment

Originally posted by rollingrock123
            With the report that was mentioned on MSNBC on Thursday that described the fact that the US was, and is the #1 target ...............
            You can shout until you're blue-in-the-face and people still won't take security seriously. I'm telling you, it's just human nature to ignore warnings. Always has been; always will be.

Comment

Another attack on American Soil is going to take place. It's just a matter of when and where. We've taken many, many steps towards protection since 9-11 but are we as a whole really prepared ?

I say No - There is never going to be enough preperation against terrorisim. - Sure our ports are getting better {That's what type of security I do along with Emergency / Special Operations in a refinery} but terrorists are going to suceed no matter how many security measures are in place. I'm sure there are cells operating right here in the United States, training and so forth, just waiting for that call to act.

Comment

http://www.unitedamericancommittee.org/

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                Working...
                X