Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lone Wolf attack on Chicago-area targets intercepted...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lone Wolf attack on Chicago-area targets intercepted...

From ABC News via Digg.com:

Dec. 8, 2006 — A Chicago-area man has been charged in an alleged plot to attack a local mall and government buildings.

Derrick Shareef was arrested Wednesday as he attempted to buy grenades and a handgun from an undercover FBI agent posing as a weapons dealer.

Full Link: http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/story?id=2710776&page=1

---

This guy was supposed to, among other things, attack a mall in Rockford. From the comments on Digg.com (A user driven social content website.) on the story as posted, most of them believe its a "Bush-Administration scheme to suppress someone the administration doesn't like," and do not take the threat seriously.

This is the "intelligista," folks. Some guy is arrested and accused of domestic crimes, and they believe he'll be spirited away to Gitmo for torture under the direct command of Bush. These are the people who run your IT infrastructure, or are studying to.
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

I saw elswhere that this guy is a "convert" to Islam.

One of the things they discussed was putting grenades in trash recepticles.
    Whether this was to be booby traps or to hide the grenades is anyones guess. It doesn't sound likely tho because a trash can is usually sitting near a wall or post and this would reduce the blast area or at least limit it's lethal area. (Look at the Abortion Clinic Bombers use of a secondary device at the Atlanta clinic..It was absorbed by a police car) A regular non-frangible explosive would be enhanced by a trash can.

As we are in the Christmas shopping time we must be more alert for these "Lone Wolf" types as even Al Queada (SP) has talked about loners and converts being used to make strikes. A convert will blend in easier and unless the nuances of their activity gives tham away they can be overlooked.

Since I brought it up, in a bombing incident you MUST BE AWARE OF SECONDARY DEVICES!

Stay safe and alert folks.

Comment

From the open source intelligence developed that I have access to, we've been waiting for the home-grown convert to strike in both the US and London for quite awhile. There's no need to import foreign nationals to attack us, since we have enough people here in the US to attack us in the name of extremist islamo-fascism.

Just like we have people who want to blow up the Islamics, the government, "authority," the blacks, the whites, and everybody else. The good news is that most of them don't have the means, motive, opportunity to do so. The bad news is that some of them do.
      Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Another reason why ALL of us need to keep our eyes open and stay vigilant when out shopping this season. If we see anything out of the ordinary, alert someone right away. I would rather be wrong about something and apologize to the person then be right and not say anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooney
          Another reason why ALL of us need to keep our eyes open and stay vigilant when out shopping this season. If we see anything out of the ordinary, alert someone right away. I would rather be wrong about something and apologize to the person then be right and not say anything.

A reason for Mall security & security personal in general to start attending counter terrorism training seminars.

There is a counter terrorist training intitled "Counter Terrorism: Intell gathering & Terrorist Activities" seminar/conference coming up April 18th & 19th in Normal, Ill. at the Heartland Community College. Instructors are from SSI and the Isreal MOOSAB.

Those intrested contact Danelle Hetrick, with the 'law & justice commission' @ 309-268-8430

Normaly it cost $1,200 but as far as I know this one is free to early registars. It is funded by the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board thru a Homeland Security grant.

I will be attending this conference. See ya there.
          "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

~~George Orwell.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
          Working...
          X