Thwarted London Plot May Have Been 'The Big One'
    http://www.securityinfowatch.com/onl...One/8944SIW384

Terror Plot's Implications for Corporate Business Travel and Security
    http://www.securityinfowatch.com/onl...ity/8947SIW329

Foiled Plot Brings Chaos to British Airports
    http://www.securityinfowatch.com/onl...rts/8946SIW384

Asian Airlines Tighten Security after Foiled Terror Plot
    http://www.securityinfowatch.com/onl...lot/8943SIW384

please post how this plot's discovery has affected your security operations, thoughts on how this fits into the global context of anti-terror measures.

Geoff Kohl
    Editor, SecurityInfoWatch.com

Surprisingly enough.. It hasnt, as our department is in working partnership with Homeland Security, which i believe all major shopping centers shoudl be, as well as our currently operating airports.

Good Post!
    Deputy Sheriff

Comment

I have had phone calls and emails asking for the security guide. I had sent one out to a number of folks one of whom asked that it be retransmitted. Why? He threw it out. To a very select few, was sent the thing sent you Geoff. So it went out again.
      Some of us have not prepared plans we need. Many in the private sector are are imitating some federal and state agencies when at the last moment go nuts and spend all kinds of money in the hopes they get something useful. Most often what they get is of little or no use. They can demonstrate to the public they did something and for most of us, that is good enough.
      Enjoy the day,
      Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Warnock
        I have had phone calls and emails asking for the security guide. I had sent one out to a number of folks one of whom asked that it be retransmitted. Why? He threw it out. To a very select few, was sent the thing sent you Geoff. So it went out again.
        Some of us have not prepared plans we need. Many in the private sector are are imitating some federal and state agencies when at the last moment go nuts and spend all kinds of money in the hopes they get something useful. Most often what they get is of little or no use. They can demonstrate to the public they did something and for most of us, that is good enough.
        Enjoy the day,
        Bill
        You know, Bill, I need another copy of that thing. Its a long read. But not for that reason. My PC just exploded and I'm running off week old backups. I met my first rootkit yesterday. Last night, they decided they didn't like what I did to remove it, so they formatted my drive.

I do have to wonder, how many agencies actually get to talk to DHS.
        Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
          You know, Bill, I need another copy of that thing. Its a long read. But not for that reason. My PC just exploded and I'm running off week old backups. I met my first rootkit yesterday. Last night, they decided they didn't like what I did to remove it, so they formatted my drive.

I do have to wonder, how many agencies actually get to talk to DHS.
          Nathan, very few contact DHS until its too late and then all at the same time expecting a miracle. When miracles are not fothcoming, DHS gets the blame.
          I just love the line, "Bill, both DHS and TSA websites request you try later, what can I do?" I am so tempted to say, "Repeat after me...Our Father who are in Heaven...."
          Within a few minutes, it will be on its way. Nathan, same rules apply, OK. PM on its way too.
          Enjoy the day,
          Bill

Comment

The incident has not impacted our operational status.

While I'd like to say more I'll not, for operational security reasons.
            "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." -Aristotle

Comment

Originally posted by aka Bull
              The incident has not impacted our operational status.

While I'd like to say more I'll not, for operational security reasons.
              Your boss listening now, Bull?
              Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
                Your boss listening now, Bull?
                Heck, who knows. "BOSS, you there?"

Seriously though, I do try to keep in mind that there danged well may be readers of this forum I'd rather not give a helping hand to - as I sure none of us would.
                "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." -Aristotle

Comment

No change at all in the security in my 3 hotels. Granted we're in Canada & were apparently not a target of the plot. The majority owner of the 3 hotels is Hasidic Jewish so we do get a little tense when things heat up on this front.
                  I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
                  Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

US Security

The reason that this plot was uncovered is because a concerned Muslim tipped off the UK authorities and they used broad investigative powers to follow on it. If the plot had originated in the US instead, would it have been uncovered in time? Scary question.

The airlines are going to have to be subsidized by the US government to stay in business and maintain the infrastructure needed for the economy to prosper. Since security is still grossly inadequate to protect the airlines and its passengers, I'll stick w/ driving unless I absolutely have to fly.
                    Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Security
                      The reason that this plot was uncovered is because a concerned Muslim tipped off the UK authorities and they used broad investigative powers to follow on it. If the plot had originated in the US instead, would it have been uncovered in time? Scary question.

The airlines are going to have to be subsidized by the US government to stay in business and maintain the infrastructure needed for the economy to prosper. Since security is still grossly inadequate to protect the airlines and its passengers, I'll stick w/ driving unless I absolutely have to fly.
                      While I can't say definitively it would have been stopped if it originated here in the US, I would venture to say in all likelihood it would have.

Having had a tip from a member of the Muslim community would have set the FBI into overdrive. Providing the tip showed promise I have no doubt the FBI would have utilized, lawfully, the laws on surveillance as well as normal investigative techniques to bring the case along.

While England has much broader authorities, and MI5 is a pretty well respected agency, I believe under the same circumstances our laws would not have prevented catching them before the acts occurred.

Of course this is my opinion. That and a buck (or a buck fifty where Nathan lives ) will get you a cup of coffee.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X