Security Investigator Allina Health

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Security Investigator Allina Health

Here is another job posting that doesn't mention a salary range. Since it states that a Bachelor's degree is preferred, I would anticipate that the salary is a more than a security officer. But that begs the question, how much more? Is this a $40,000 a year job? $50,000 a year or am I way off?

https://jobs.allinahealth.org/job/-/...9?Codes=Indeed
    Security Investigator

Requisition #

39513BR Business Unit name

Corporate Office Physical Location

Saint Paul, Minnesota Posted Date

10-Nov-2017 Dept. Name

Corporate Security Hours Per Week

40 Contract

Noncontract Introduction

Allina Health is dedicated to the prevention and treatment of illness and enhancing the greater health of individuals, families and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. A not-for-profit health care system, Allina Health cares for patients from beginning to end-of-life through its 90+ clinics, 12 hospitals, 15 pharmacies, specialty care centers and specialty medical services that provide home care, senior transitions, hospice care, home oxygen and medical equipment, and emergency medical transportation services. Allina Health is a vibrant, growing organization with opportunities to suit your professional skills and a diverse work environment to match your specific interests. We believe employees are our greatest asset and are dedicated to helping you develop and maximize your professional skills.

The Commons, located in Minneapolis, is the headquarters of Allina Health, a not-for-profit health care organization serving patients and communities. Approximately 1,600 corporate and administrative service employees work at offices within Midtown Exchange, the site of the historic Sears retail complex at Chicago Avenue and E. Lake Street. This community landmark, adjacent to the campus of Abbott Northwestern Hospital, part of Allina Health, is the second largest building in Minnesota and includes offices, an internationally themed public market and residential units.
    Responsibilities

• Design, assist and conduct administrative Investigations into possible employee misconduct
    • Assess, identify and conduct preliminary investigations into possible crimes committed on Allina property or involving Allina employees
    • Identify risk mitigation strategies
    • Ability to lead and influence in a large, complex organization
    • Produces timely, accurate investigative reports.
    • Ability to multi-task several types of investigations
    • Understands the laws and statutes impacting methods used in successful investigations.
    • Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
      of significance.
    • Organize and attend meetings, training and conferences throughout the Allina Health System
    Education

Bachelor’s degree (preferred)

5 years’ experience conducting criminal or administrative investigations in a law enforcement agency or corporate setting. This includes preliminary investigations of first responders
    Qualification/Skills

Skills
    • Investigators will provide consultation, design and implement proactive risk mitigation methodology through the use of:
    • Risk Assessments
      Statistical Analysis
      Intelligence gathering through the use of other agencies and databases
    • As a non-government investigative entity, Allina Investigators must rely on their ability to influence, not direct. Investigators must develop and maintain professional working relationships with a variety of individuals, business units and outside organizations.
    • Must be able to provide written and oral reports in a concise, timely and accurate manner free of grammatical errors.
    • Ability to apply the federal and state rules of civil procedure as related to evidence, arrest powers, libel and slander.
    • Must handle sensitive matters and material with complete confidentiality.
      Investigators must work with multiple work units and outside agencies they may or may not have a right to know of the certain facts in the case
    • Schedule meetings with the ability to identify key stake holders for meetings purpose.
      Investigators will have a need to maintain a broad knowledge base as it relates to healthcare which will require training throughout the system at various times.
    Licensure/Certifications
    • Current, valid driver’s license
    • Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), Certified Protection Professional (CPP), Certified Forensic Interviewer (CFI), Physical Security Professional (PSP), Professional Certified Investigator (PCI), a plus
    Work Schedule

Investigators generally work days, Monday - Friday, but may be called on for advice on nights and weekends when needed. Location/Community Information

With beautiful natural settings along the Mississippi River, St. Paul embodies a large ethnically diverse population with restaurants, cultural entertainment, and shopping venues for everyone. Downtown St. Paul features a number of historic buildings including the State Capitol, the Fitzgerald Theater (home to Garrison Keillor's "A Prairie Home Companion"), the Landmark Center, the St. Paul Hotel, and breathtaking views of the Mississippi River. The city is also home to the Science Museum of MN, the Xcel Energy Center (home of the MN Wild hockey team), and the MN History Center. St. Paul offers many private, alternative, and public school options from elementary through college and a wide array of housing options from old historic homes to new construction. The Twin Cities is consistently ranked near the top of Fortune's list of best cities in the world for work and family. A healthy business climate, opportunities for employment, good transportation, and an entrepreneurial environment are amongst the contributing factors.
    • Located in St. Paul
    • Population = 287,000
    • Service Area = 1,600,000

Community Resource Links:

Community Information School Digger

Explore Minnesota MN Dept of Education

Minneapolis St. Paul MagazineSt. Paul Pioneer Press

Twin Cities Living Magazine

Star Tribune
    Closing

If you are interested in becoming part of our award winning team of professionals, please apply online today. Allina Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants. EOE / AA / Vet / Disabled Employer Campus/Facilities

Corporate Office Requisition #

39513BR
    Safety / Security / Parking

No, I don't think you are way off. Given the experience you have to have and the preferred certifications, I'd say anything under $42,000 would be too low - granted, I realize these places throw everything in the job description trying to find Superman (or Wonder Woman) in a suit, but they are asking a lot.

I wish I had an easy answer for how to find out salaries for these and lower positions. Some job sites will have a range calculator, where you type in the position title and it gives you the low and high end. Not perfect, but better than nothing. If I have the time I will look at similar positions at other companies or industries and figure it out from there.

For others reading this, its important because the new thing (well, new to me) is to not list a salary or give a range, but just pop the question in the interview, "So, what were you looking for?" If you go on the low end, you cheat yourself; if you ask for too much they'll hire the cheaper candidate with the same qualifications.

I'm speculating, but on high end jobs they are assuming you already know how much you should make (or can reasonably ask for).

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
    Working...
    X