Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CameraMan
    • Sep 2007

Been away

I had a cyst that got infected, and then ruptured. Right on my waist, too, so I couldn't sit without pain. My wife had to drive me to the emergency room, where they had to cut it out. They packed the wound so it could drain, which took almost two weeks. Spent a week in bed, and then another week on the couch. Watched 3 seasons of The Wire and got a lot of homework done. Also lost about 7 pounds, what with all the throwing up, so that's nice, too. Plus, I've been wearing gym pants everywhere these past few weeks, which is super comfortable. If I didn't need pockets so badly, I'd throw all my regular pants out right now.

I'm better, now.

Let that be a lesson- if you have a weird, unexplained bump anywhere, get that checked out.

Anyway, missed you guys.
    The CCTV Blog.

"Expert" is something like "leader". It's not a title that you can ever claim for yourself no matter what you might know or might have done. It's a title that others bestow on you based on their assessment of what you know and what you have done.

-SecTrainer
  • copelandamuffy
    • Sep 2006

Welcome back. Your a plus to have around. When common sense has left, look to Camreaman to bring it back!
    http://www.laurel-and-hardy.com/ Greatest Comedy team ever!

Comment

• HotelSecurity
      • Mar 2006

Glad you are getting better. No antibiotics?
      I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
      Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

• CameraMan
        • Sep 2007

Originally posted by HotelSecurity
        Glad you are getting better. No antibiotics?
        Bactrin. And codeine.
        The CCTV Blog.

"Expert" is something like "leader". It's not a title that you can ever claim for yourself no matter what you might know or might have done. It's a title that others bestow on you based on their assessment of what you know and what you have done.

-SecTrainer

Comment

• Security_K9_Guy
          • Sep 2011

Welcome back. I feel your pain. I had an abcess that had to be removed and drained. Spent 4 days in the hospital and 10 days on bed rest.

Comment

• HotelSecurity
            • Mar 2006

I almost lost a foot due to a bone infection (complication of diabetes) a few years ago. The intervenious antibotics cost $1,000.00 per week. They also packed the wound with gauze that contained pure silver. I do not know how much they cost but I know they were expensive. Thank goodness for Canadian medicare.

Comment

• HotelSecurity
              • Mar 2006

Originally posted by HotelSecurity
              I almost lost a foot due to a bone infection (complication of diabetes) a few years ago. The intervenious antibotics cost $1,000.00 per week. They also packed the wound with gauze that contained pure silver. I do not know how much they cost but I know they were expensive. Thank goodness for Canadian medicare.

That's weird. I wrote $1,000.00 once but it appears twice. When I go to edit the post it is only there once???

Comment

• tanko
                • May 2008

Originally posted by CameraMan
                I had a cyst that got infected, and then ruptured. Right on my waist, too, so I couldn't sit without pain. My wife had to drive me to the emergency room, where they had to cut it out. They packed the wound so it could drain, which took almost two weeks. Spent a week in bed, and then another week on the couch. Watched 3 seasons of The Wire and got a lot of homework done. Also lost about 7 pounds, what with all the throwing up, so that's nice, too. Plus, I've been wearing gym pants everywhere these past few weeks, which is super comfortable. If I didn't need pockets so badly, I'd throw all my regular pants out right now.

I'm better, now.

Let that be a lesson- if you have a weird, unexplained bump anywhere, get that checked out.

Anyway, missed you guys.
                Wow man, that sucks! Codeine does help with pain, but not to much with memory and the stomach (at least in my experience). Take it easy and get better man!
                sigpic

"Great danger lies in the notion that we can reason with evil" - Doug Patton

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                Working...