+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by allgovision View Post
    How about installing Video Analytic to decrease the rate of false alarm generation.
    I disagree. Video Analytic only seems like a good deal if you don't accurately calculate the total cost of ownership. The price of virgin's tears alone has skyrocketed 115% in the past two years, and powdered unicorn horn is soon to be outlawed thanks to lobbying by PETA. Verification is a much more cost effective tactic.
    The CCTV Blog.

"Expert" is something like "leader". It's not a title that you can ever claim for yourself no matter what you might know or might have done. It's a title that others bestow on you based on their assessment of what you know and what you have done.

-SecTrainer

Quote Originally Posted by CameraMan View Post
    I disagree. Video Analytic only seems like a good deal if you don't accurately calculate the total cost of ownership. The price of virgin's tears alone has skyrocketed 115% in the past two years, and powdered unicorn horn is soon to be outlawed thanks to lobbying by PETA. Verification is a much more cost effective tactic.

Unicorn horn is going bye bye? Damn those PETA fools! I'd better stock up. I do like their protest tactics though.
    http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&s...iw=906&bih=493
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by LARMGUY; 03-23-2011 at 08:05 PM.
    I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by SIW Editor View Post
    Take the poll on whether burglar alarms should be verified before police dispatch

http://www.securityinfowatch.com/node/1317593
    Of course! It means job security for me!

On a serious note -- Yes, a well trained armed-officer solely dedicated to "Alarm Drops" can respond much quicker then an over burdened police department -- Once the alarm is verified either way it can either be documented or elevated to local police. In the event it is a "true" alarm, an Armed Officer (properly trained of course) should be more then able to defend himself while waiting for the Police to arrive...

That and I am sure clients would rather pay our $45.00 fee then the $500.00 false alarm fee our local police department charges!

Default Have home owners, alarm users to be taught firstly

Well, I think the most important is to have home owners, alarm users to be taught how to properly use the alarm systems.
    60%~80% false alarms are caused by incorrect operation such as PIR installation placement etc.
    So, when alarm systems is installed, we should note them the cautions when it is working as well.
    That is more important than verification of alarm.