Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blade Runner
    • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Denny
    Maybe first, I would have gone to first grade spelling. Maybe first, I would have NOT become a security guard. I'm going to make a guess, are you also a volunteer firefighter?
    Hey, what's wrong with being a volunteer FireFighter? Don't forget, we're the ones who crawl out of our warm beds at 0300hrs when you call 911. Also, not everyone who is a vollie has atrocious spelling. Just remember that the next time you pick up the phone to call those three digits, whether it be for a medical emergency or an MVA, or God forbid, a structure fire, you may just end up with us lowly "Vollies" responding.
    I do security for work; I run into burning buildings for fun

Comment

• pfalex
      • Feb 2008

So.... to recap...

Security acts in a manner that by all accounts (except one) sounds appropriate.

Somehow, security uses their radio in a manner that could *apparently* result in a $10k fine.

Zzzzzz.......

Comment

• Acer
        • Nov 2008

Most members do not need this but for a few that do go here and download this.

CMx provides the best contract management software solution and contract lifecycle management platform for streamlining efficiency and optimizing CLM process.

sigpic

Comment

• zm88
          • Nov 2008

This reminds me of a time when I worked for Allied BArton and got a shoplifter call, I go to the store and 3 guys come running up to me with ear pieces on. I ask them "Hello how can I help you?" and of course they respond "We heard the call about a shoplifter do you need us to back you up". I left that account a few weeks later. People like that are such a threat, it reminds me of Captain freedom from hill st blues.

Sergeant Phil Esterhaus: "Hey, let's be careful out there.."

THE VIEWS EXPRESSED ON THIS WEBSITE/BLOG ARE MINE ALONE AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF MY EMPLOYER.

Comment

• Sgt.Campbell
            • Jun 2008

God help those who cannot spell, think, or act. Or, employ them in a minimum-wage guard capacity ...

I never saw a report this atrocious in syntax/grammar/spelling as a supervisor. If I had, I would have removed the dude from the account and had him report for a mandatory report writing class. Twice.

What a presumptuous ass, thinking he can counsel another on how to properly address the public and confront a threat. If he wants to walk up to someone he regards as "sucipious" then let him (see signature).

Maybe this guy is actually Jessie Walker, and is currently serving his 90 days.
            (For those who don't know -- http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2009/au...-days-in-jail/
            Most of what we call management consists of making it difficult for people to get their work done.
            -- Peter Drucker

Comment

• Acer
              • Nov 2008

I actually have seen worse. We have someone where I work at now that is much worse. It is a relief that he works only as a fill-in. His writing skills are so bad; I am not able to make out a single word on his hand written reports. I managed to talk with the client and get them to allow us to type our reports on the computer. Well, his computer skills and typing are just as bad. Even a spell check will not work with his reports. At least I tried.
              sigpic

Comment

• jtwestern
                • Aug 2008

We can only hope that the FCC takes away HIS radio licenses as punishment for filing bogus claims and spelling errors.

Comment

• Acer
                  • Nov 2008

I thought I killed this thread. I suppose not. Please continue.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Shadow Warrior
                    • Jan 2009

LMAO Acer you are to funny.. And the report writing grammar and spelling just continues to get worse...

Comment

• graywolf_14
                      • Apr 2011

I knew a security officer that use to patrol apartment complexes that were not on his route, listening to police radios. I actually met him when I was patroling a certain property, I noticed a crown vic parked next to my car so I went to investigate. I seen what appeared to be a police officer looking in my car. I walked up explaining that i was security for the property and well long story short he did security for denny's... I than seen him about a year later when I was working at a gas station. He still worked security but this time at a bar down the street from where I was working. Well I started hearing about a security officer patrolling my apartments freaking people out. Than he started coming to the gas station alot which at the time I didnt mind. But than he ended up telling me about patrolling my apartments.... Wow this post is really making me self councious about my spelling aswell.

Comment

• Jan 2009

Oh, please; tell me it isn't so! Not this thread... again!!
                        "I'll defend with my life your right to disagree with me" - anonymous

Comment

• graywolf_14
                          • Apr 2011

Hahaha yea sorry whole thing reminded me of the dude I mentioned....

Comment

• N. A. Corbier
                            • Aug 2005

Originally posted by graywolf_14
                            Hahaha yea sorry whole thing reminded me of the dude I mentioned....
                            Do not necro threads in the burn barrel. even if you have something else to add, its in here because it can be deleted by me at any time for any reason. This is "thread rehabilitation" or some such, I just lock the damn things or make them disappear into an area that only I can see them to reflect, laugh, and rage.
                            Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

• Riderboxer
                              • May 2011

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
                              Do not necro threads in the burn barrel. even if you have something else to add, its in here because it can be deleted by me at any time for any reason. This is "thread rehabilitation" or some such, I just lock the damn things or make them disappear into an area that only I can see them to reflect, laugh, and rage.
                              Haha your own personal stash!

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...