Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Nuclear Power Plant Security

Company name: WACKENHUT CORPORATION

Job title: Armed Security Officer
    Job type: Full Time
    Hours per week: 40
    Job(s) available: 8

Job location: Covert, Michigan

Salary: From $ 14.54 To $ 19.00 per hour.

Benefits: dental insurance, medical insurance, optical insurance, paid sick leave, paid vacation
    Other Benefit: After probation periods
    https://www.michworks.org/mtb/user/p...iew_type=PRINT

Default Also

Also, if this is the kind of work you seek.
    Securitas is looking for people for a 9 month temp armed gig at the Crystal River Energy Complex in Florida. The pay is similar. Apply via their website.
    They are however, more interested in your physical abilities than your ability to do the job. The Securitas Team Lead has been there for many years and has built a paramilitary organization and wants only more of the same. Not a bad thing, just be aware when you apply that your ability to run and climb ladders is going to be the most important thing.
    Anybody know if the Wackenhut Nuclear Plant folks are the same????

Default Must be full

The link for the Wackenhut job goes to a message that the job has been removed from the job board. May be full or withdrawn. don't know.

Is that the plant the wack job mentioned in a town meeting from the caves of Afghanistan a few months ago? He had specifically mentioned a Nuke plant in Mich as one of their next targets among a few other places.
    THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A 911 CALL IS FOUR MINUTES
    THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A .357 MAGNUM ROUND IS 1400 FEET PER SECOND?
    http://www.boondocksaints.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Tsalla Apopka View Post
    Also, if this is the kind of work you seek.
    Securitas is looking for people for a 9 month temp armed gig at the Crystal River Energy Complex in Florida. The pay is similar. Apply via their website.
    They are however, more interested in your physical abilities than your ability to do the job. The Securitas Team Lead has been there for many years and has built a paramilitary organization and wants only more of the same. Not a bad thing, just be aware when you apply that your ability to run and climb ladders is going to be the most important thing.
    Anybody know if the Wackenhut Nuclear Plant folks are the same????
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I wonder why only 9 months?? Also they have been advertising but then refer you to securitas website which doesn't show the job as being opened. Also wish the states/ sites were either sorted by states or Alphabetical order.

The plant is getting ready for an "outage" - which means they are making construction changes to the plant - construction means construction workers and more workers on site means more security. The outage should be complete in 6 to 9 months.
    Application is open from 5/3 for only about a week. It was advertised in the Citrus Chronicle today so should be open on the website now.
    Temp people usually have first shot as permanent jobs open after outage since they are already trained.
    Zip code in area is 34465 - enter that at website.....

Quote Originally Posted by Tsalla Apopka View Post
    The plant is getting ready for an "outage" - which means they are making construction changes to the plant - construction means construction workers and more workers on site means more security. The outage should be complete in 6 to 9 months.
    Application is open from 5/3 for only about a week. It was advertised in the Citrus Chronicle today so should be open on the website now.
    Temp people usually have first shot as permanent jobs open after outage since they are already trained.
    Zip code in area is 34465 - enter that at website.....
    My gf's family lives down there. I was told it was in Chronicle by gf. I already knew about it but it wasn't available on company site. It's showing available atlunch time. But who's going to leave a nuclear security site?? It shows it starts in June. But thanks for update. It's a temp position. As expected Application has many questions.

Nuclear Security is a growth field. There are still a lot of "growing pains" ahead, but look for better pay, better training, better opportunities and better performance. Getting it right is going to be a bottom line issue for Private Security. Nuclear isn't the only industry in the US subject to terrorist attack. My two cents.
    Booth

Default Mike has a good point

Mike Booth has a very good point. This is a growth industry and skills learned and experience gained in Nuclear Plant Security will be a very useful career move for a young person.
    I know this plant advertises for new permanent security people every few months AND MOST IMPORTANTLY there is a new 2 nuke plant facility going in just a few miles up the road that will need a lot of security in the near future.
    On top of all that the area is nice with a low cost of living and fishing, scuba and boating in fresh and salt water 12 months a year.
    All of that makes me even sadder that they wouldn't even consider my old overweight butt for one of the temp jobs. I think I got 10 minutes into the interview and they sent me packin.................

Cool

I work for Wackenhut, I do know that the Officers they use at Nuclear sites and similar usually require you have have had a security clearance with the DOD before. Usually these guys/girls are former military or federal level employee. An average "guard" would probably not make it too far in the application process and if they do, they would be in a low percentile.

I would think that your physical strength is a big part of the requirement, LOL No one wants to place an over weight or out-of-shape person on a site where he/she may have to run, jump,dive,crawl, climb all while engaging a threat with a m-14
    Be Professional, Be Alert, Be Ever-Ready and for God's sake Don't be a Dumbass