• Show
Clear All
  • UtahProtectionForce
    • Jan 2007

Security Guard Shot Outside NW Miami Dade Club

Security Guard Shot Outside NW Miami Dade Club
    The Man Is Listed In Stable Condition
    Miami Dade Crimestoppers at (305) 471-TIPS
    NW MIAMI DADE (CBS4) ― A violent close to the Memorial Day holiday weekend as a security guard is shot outside of a popular club in northwest Miami Dade.

Witnesses told police the shooting happened early Tuesday in front of Coco's nightclub on Northwest 119th Street and 14th Avenue. They told police there was a fight outside the club around 3 a.m. During the brawl, witnesses said someone pulled a gun and started shooting. Several of the rounds hit a security guard who was rushed to the hospital in stable condition.

"I heard about 7 or 8 shots," said Bobby Miller, "I was in the back of the parking lot and then I came to the front to see what was going on. As I was approaching the front of the club I saw a bunch of people scattering, a lot of excitement, a lot of activity. At that point I saw that there was a brawl going on with somebody firing bullets and the security guard got shot.

Club officials told police it was the man's first night on the job.

Police are searching for a silver four door Buick that left the club immediately after the shooting.

Anyone with information about the shooting is asked to call Miami Dade Crimestoppers at (305) 471-TIPS.
    Its not how we die that counts.....
    Its not how we lived that counts....
    all that matters is how we saved that one life that one time by being in the right place at the right time....
  • SecTrainer
    • Nov 2006

Bet the SO wasn't armed, either?
    "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Comment

• bigdog
      • Oct 2005

He was armed but he was wounded in his gun arm so he couldn't return fire.

Security Guard Shot Outside Nightclub Speaks

Guard Shot Several Times After Asking Man To Wait For Ride

POSTED: 2:35 pm EDT May 28, 2008

MIAMI -- A security guard injured in a shooting outside an adult entertainment nightclub spoke about the incident Wednesday to Local 10.Angelo Fulford was shot five times shortly before 4 a.m. Tuesday in the parking lot of Coco's, located at 1430 NW 119th St.According to Miami-Dade police, the incident stemmed from an altercation inside the nightclub.
      Fulford said a man, believed to be in his 20s, was involved in an altercation and had been asked to leave the establishment. Fulford said he asked the man to step across 119th Street to wait for his ride, adding that the man was compliant and didn't seem to be upset.

"My back was turned to the car as it was leaving, not worried about anything because there was no confrontation with anybody, and I just heard gunshots ring out," Fulford said from his bed at Jackson Memorial Hospital. "When I heard the first two shots go off, I felt myself getting hit in the arm twice.

"In addition to being shot in the arm, he was also shot in the legs.Fulford said he has been working security at Coco's for the last few months and usually wears a bulletproof vest, but he didn't then because he felt safe.

Police said the gunman got away in a beige or silver four-door Buick with tinted windows.
      Last edited by bigdog; 05-30-2008, 08:17 PM.
      "Get yourself a shovel cause your in deep Sh*t"

Comment

• SecTrainer
        • Nov 2006

Just shows to go ya...always maintain situational awareness, right up until a party has actually left the premises or whatever the situation is has totally been resolved. You just can't take anything for granted in this crazy business. I mean, people even come back later to shoot up the place, so it's a lesson for all of us.

Thanks for the additional information.
        "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Comment

• Deputy Dawg
          • Mar 2008

agreed. Thanks for the update..

and I don't know about him, but if I had body armor, I don't care how comfortable I feel, I'm wearing it every moment I am on the clock.
          "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

Comment

• Razor
            • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Deputy Dawg
            agreed. Thanks for the update..

and I don't know about him, but if I had body armor, I don't care how comfortable I feel, I'm wearing it every moment I am on the clock.
            Much Agreed! Especially an armed post.
            Last edited by Razor; 05-30-2008, 09:44 PM.
            There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root. ~Thoreau

Comment

• theconstipated1
              • Feb 2007

I also used to work here in VA in club with the same name believe it or not and I always wore my vest. It gets very hot inside theses places but I did not care. Never left home without it

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
              Working...