+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... Last

Default Walmart Lp Dept's

are all walmart store's LP depts the same ?. here in new york they are redoing them as well . and the use securitas on the outside in the parking lots.and thier is three weeks of training .thats all i know

does any one know do the carry hand cuffs and badges?

i was thinking of getting a job with walmart LP dept

All Walmart Loss Prevention units are run through the Vice President of LP via Bentonville.

LP is currently undergoing a restructuring, as is most of Wal-Mart, from what I understand. LP Operations has seemed to have contracted with Securitas to replace the in house "Courtesy Guard" program, which was part of LP but is NOT responsible for detainment or security, only making the patrons feel safe.

Loss Prevention Associates, in some stores, carry handcuffs. Usually, you have to go to the LP Academy in Bentonville before your allowed to carry cuffs.

When I worked at a Wal-Mart in Florida, we had an LPO who displayed a badge. She was arrested for impersonating a law enforcement officer after she detained a police officer's son for shoplifting. The son went for shoplifting, she went for Impersonating, because the "police officer felt that displaying a badge without a uniform and informing them that she worked for walmart was not an activity a security guard would perform." Charges, of course, were dropped, but so was displaying a badge.
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Default thanks

i knew walmart was undergoing changes in thei LP dept as well as thier distict managers.right now the put a hold on hireing even for LP.

i was also told by a manager of one of the stores .LP will not arrest any more it will be up to the store manager who is and who is not as well as they will also bemore visable to customers as well as employees to try to stop them from stealing

Quote Originally Posted by nyspo
    i knew walmart was undergoing changes in thei LP dept as well as thier distict managers.right now the put a hold on hireing even for LP.

i was also told by a manager of one of the stores .LP will not arrest any more it will be up to the store manager who is and who is not as well as they will also bemore visable to customers as well as employees to try to stop them from stealing
    Sounds like they may have a Securitas guard in the store, then, ala Target.

The Store Manager, and every Assistant, was required to take all LP CBL (Computer Based Learning) modules for LP. Due to my background, and the lack of LP associates in my store, I routinely had to play "backup" to an assistant manager's detainment. Which usually meant - I was the one making the apprehension after being given probable cause that the assistant manager had reason to stop. It worked alot better for combative folks if I was doing it, and not a 4"9' Vietmanese woman. Especially when Walmart policy was "apprehend and trespass." Oh, yeah, good times. I used to turn the outer exit door off, and watch em slam into it when they ran.

However, LP associates were completely OUT of the store chain of command. A Store Manager could not tell an LP associate what to do, they would "work together to create LP solutions." It was also fun to play "detect the LP" person when they'd decide to send us one - they all stuck out like sore thumbs, and had "I AM A POLICE OFFICER" written on their backs. They stopped hiring off-duty cops after awhile, though, so it made it harder.

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

well N.A COBIER,

It sounds like it use to be alot of fun to catch shoplifters.
    i had to interview with walmart pior to them putting on a hiring freeze and re doing their LP dept. i was told they arrest alot of people and the job was fun and you made up your on hours to work.i was to have my third interview when they called me back and said thier was a hiring freeze and now they have new distict managers and waiting for them to decide or say its ok to hire again. iam first on the list i was told

i know a store manager thats how i know all this and have a in on the job

Default Wal-Mart Asset Protections - New title

I am a APA (Asset Protections Assc.) for a wal-mart in kansas. Yes we are going through some changes. As far as our policies nothing has really changed. We have added a salaired position called the Asset Proctection Corrdiator. We still have plain clothes floor walkers and we still carry handcuffs and we DO NOT have badges. We have a Wal-Mart ID stating who we are with a picture. That ID is required to be shown at the time of every apprehension if the situation warrants or doesn't go south, if you know what I mean. When you are hired by Wal-Mart as an APA or old ter ISLP you complete OJT with a trainer in the LP dept. and then you are signed off once you can catch one, clean it and fry it on your own. Most training phases take about 2weeks. I have never been to any classes at the home office in Bentonville, so where that came from I have no idea. The local police dept conducts handcuff training and once that is completed a form is filled out by your DLPS or MAPM as they are called now and placed in your personal file and sent to the home office. As far the the store manager making stops, the asst-mgr's, support mgrs and APA's are all authorized assc's to make apprehensions. So don't be fooled by what you hear out there. We are still here and still kicking ass. If you have anymore questions about the break down of the re-structuring of the LP department, please feel free to ask me. And yes we will be hiring again but it won't be until after all of APC's are in place and working out all of the kinks.

Montreal borough of Verdun, Quebec, Canada

I recently had dealings with the Loss Prevention department from the head office of Wal-Mart Canada. They had a large meeting in my hotel & the President attended. I was very impressed with their head office security. Not so much with the system they use in the stores.They sent some of their local LP people to work at the meeing. I spoke to them & was told that it was against Wal-Mart Canada's policy for them to carry handcuffs. It was against the Wal-Mart image.

Sounds like the "soft loss" vs. "hard loss" concept. Its a worse loss the the store to take a visibly elderly person into custody for shoplifting than it is for the shoplifter to steal items, unless the elderly person is a felon or professional shoplifter.

Same with children under the age of 10. In Florida, they weren't prosecutable anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by WMISLP
    I am a APA (Asset Protections Assc.) for a wal-mart in kansas. Yes we are going through some changes. As far as our policies nothing has really changed. We have added a salaired position called the Asset Proctection Corrdiator. We still have plain clothes floor walkers and we still carry handcuffs and we DO NOT have badges. We have a Wal-Mart ID stating who we are with a picture. That ID is required to be shown at the time of every apprehension if the situation warrants or doesn't go south, if you know what I mean. When you are hired by Wal-Mart as an APA or old ter ISLP you complete OJT with a trainer in the LP dept. and then you are signed off once you can catch one, clean it and fry it on your own. Most training phases take about 2weeks. I have never been to any classes at the home office in Bentonville, so where that came from I have no idea. The local police dept conducts handcuff training and once that is completed a form is filled out by your DLPS or MAPM as they are called now and placed in your personal file and sent to the home office. As far the the store manager making stops, the asst-mgr's, support mgrs and APA's are all authorized assc's to make apprehensions. So don't be fooled by what you hear out there. We are still here and still kicking ass. If you have anymore questions about the break down of the re-structuring of the LP department, please feel free to ask me. And yes we will be hiring again but it won't be until after all of APC's are in place and working out all of the kinks.

well thank you for the info.....i have ben trying to get in to wam-mart LP dept for months now ......i even have a IN my mom is a asst. store manager ..... and i still have to wait....lol

Default Wal-Mart Asset Protections - New title

Well we are still prosecuting adults but the amount has to be over 25.00 or they have to flee, fight or have no forms of valid ID. As for the juveniles we don't prosecute anymore unless they are a repeat offender. So most of our new focus is geared towards the internal aspects of things. As for Wal-Mart in Canada I have no idea what rules they operate under. But here in the states we carry handcuffs and most everything is the same.