X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tattedupboy
    • Jul 2007

Dragon Skin Body Armor

I found this on Military.com a little while ago:

Daily updates of everything that you need know about what is going on in the military community and abroad including military gear and equipment, breaking news, international news and more.

Now I'm really torn on whether or not I should get it.
  • gcmc security part 2
    • Jul 2007

We went into some detail on this a long time ago, search
    SecurityProfessional is Back up and running!

Comment

• Chucky
      • Jan 2007

This article is very recent and compelling. I really like the part where the General that has been dead against the Dragon Skin has retired and taken a position with the armored vest company that he backed while he was working in the pentagon. Come to think of it that may have been related in the last article Military.Com did on the subject. I guess since he is retired that it is not a mater of conflict. Never the less I'm sure his influence will bring him big bucks. Just don't seem right.
      THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A 911 CALL IS FOUR MINUTES
      THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A .357 MAGNUM ROUND IS 1400 FEET PER SECOND?
      http://www.boondocksaints.com/

Comment

• bpdblue
        • Oct 2007

Seems like this issue is going to be around for awhile.

It will be interesting to see how it finally plays out.

Comment

• Bill Warnock
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by bpdblue
          Seems like this issue is going to be around for awhile.

It will be interesting to see how it finally plays out.
          As I wrote in another thread, these generals, colonels and high ranking civilian officials know how to manipulate the system to their advantage. Since they are not boots on the ground and want to double or perhaps triple their salaries after leaving service, they never upset large government contractors. Screw the grunt, I need my greed. If they did upset the "big boys" that would mean they would have to stay home with the wife all day, and wives would not put up with that. They were too used to being called "Mrs. General Smith." These kinds of folks are slimy!
          Enjoy the day,
          Bill

Comment

• Alaska Security
            • Nov 2007

well.... SOF does their own thing, regardless of what kind of toys the regular army uses...

They aren't using dragon skin.

All the "added flexibility" is negated by the fact that you have a ton of stuff you need to have on your person... a increase of flexibility negated by the kit oh and by the way it's a heck of alot heavier... nope not gonna wear it.

Oh, it can't handle heat, and can't handle ammunition fired at it...so... where does it belong?

On Al-Queda.
            Overmotivated and Underpaid... I'm a Security supervisors wet dream...

Comment

• msofin
              • Dec 2007

Originally posted by tattedupboy
              I found this on Military.com a little while ago:

Daily updates of everything that you need know about what is going on in the military community and abroad including military gear and equipment, breaking news, international news and more.

Now I'm really torn on whether or not I should get it.
              I'll make it easy for you

Buy Second Chance! Documented saves, reliable body armor, and the company backs up very thing they sell!

Comment

• Bill Warnock
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by msofin
                I'll make it easy for you

Buy Second Chance! Documented saves, reliable body armor, and the company backs up very thing they sell!
                msofin that is akin to returning a parachute that malfunctions and have the packer issue you another one. If the vest fails, you don't want to be the one wearing it.
                Enjoy the day,
                Bill

Comment

• Chucky
                  • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Bill Warnock
                  As I wrote in another thread, these generals, colonels and high ranking civilian officials know how to manipulate the system to their advantage. Since they are not boots on the ground and want to double or perhaps triple their salaries after leaving service, they never upset large government contractors. Screw the grunt, I need my greed. If they did upset the "big boys" that would mean they would have to stay home with the wife all day, and wives would not put up with that. They were too used to being called "Mrs. General Smith." These kinds of folks are slimy!
                  Enjoy the day,
                  Bill
                  Bill I fully agree. There were a few like Westmoreland that protested the VietNam war after he got out. My problem is why he didn't have the nuts to speak up while good folks were dieing? I seem to feel that the fourth star is the military's way of saying Di Di Mow GI. ( C U Later ) BTW my question is rhetorical as you answered it above. $$$$$$$$$$$
                  THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A 911 CALL IS FOUR MINUTES
                  THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A .357 MAGNUM ROUND IS 1400 FEET PER SECOND?
                  http://www.boondocksaints.com/

Comment

• msofin
                    • Dec 2007

If I remember correctly Second Chance was the first to blow the whistle on 'zylon' and the Chinese company that made it. The material was found to degrade at a much faster rate than initially estimated by Second Chance. Second Chance's response was to immediately stop vest production with the material and make an upgrade pack for the current zylon vests in use. The upgrade packs were distributed to officers wearing the zylon vest at NO CHARGE. Unfortunately the original press release is no longer on the website.

from http://secondchance.com/news.asp?act...icle&newsID=95

SURVEYS: LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS RANK SECOND CHANCE BODY ARMOR VESTS NO. 1 IN PROTECTION, PERFORMANCE, TRUST AND INNOVATION
                    CENTRAL LAKE, Mich., September 11, 2006 — Second Chance Armor, Inc., a leading manufacturer of concealable body armor for the law enforcement, government and security markets, announced the results of two law enforcement magazine surveys that ranked Second Chance ballistic vests No. 1 in 11 different categories including protection, trust, quality, comfort, service and technology/innovation. The surveys, revealed in June 2006 by two of Hendon Publishing's law enforcement magazines , also showed Second Chance vests were the most worn and preferred brand by law enforcement officers.

"We're dedicated to saving lives, and our strategy is based on what our customers want -- high-quality products, superior service and constant innovation," said Glenn Katz, vice president and general manager of Second Chance Armor, Inc. "We're pleased to be recognized by the readers of two industry leading magazines as the No. 1 manufacturer of ballistic vests. The results of these two new surveys further our solid reputation and show that we are fully committed to providing law enforcement officers with vests that are manufactured with quality and service that is second to none."

The surveys polled 1,728 officers at law enforcement agencies throughout the United States. More than 50 percent of the respondents were police chiefs, sheriffs or commanding officers and have final approval in ballistic vest selection. They listed safety as their highest priority and named Second Chance as the manufacturer of the safest ballistic vests on the market.

Compared to more than 15 competing ballistic vest manufacturers, Second Chance vests were overwhelmingly preferred over their competitors, with Second Chance ranking No. 1 as the best and most trusted ballistic vest manufacturer. Fifty percent of the law enforcement professionals responded that they wear their vests on a daily basis, with a majority of them already owning Second Chance vests, and ranked Second Chance vests No. 1 in terms of comfort, tailor-made fit and overall quality of manufacture and materials.

More than 90 percent of survey respondents stated that they are confident in ballistic vest protection and that they trust Second Chance more than its competitors as a manufacturer of high quality ballistic vests. Additionally, respondents ranked Second Chance No. 1 in terms of innovation and technology, and stated that Second Chance possessed the best customer service with the best brand awareness within the ballistic vest industry.

About Second Chance Armor, Inc.
                    Second Chance Armor, Inc. is a leading manufacturer of concealable body armor for the law enforcement, government and security markets. The company focuses on comfort and wearability in its vest models. Second Chance is part of the Armor Holdings Products Group, a business segment of Armor Holdings, Inc. Additional information can be found at www.secondchance.com.
                    Armor Holdings, Inc.
                    Armor Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: AH) is a diversified manufacturer of branded products for the military, law enforcement, and personnel safety markets. Additional information can be found at www.armorholdings.com.
                    Certain matters discussed in this press release constitute forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those projected. The Company may use words such as "anticipates," "believes," "plans," "expects," "intends," "future," and similar expressions to identify forward-looking statements. These risks and uncertainties are described in Armor Holdings' filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including Armor Holdings' Registration Statement on Form S-3, its 2005 Form 10-K and most recently filed Form 10-Qs and 8-Ks.

####

Comment

• ValleyOne
                      • Jan 2007

msofin,

I'm probably the odd duck on issues like this as I tend to see things of this manner as such; There is a reason we have multiple companies making the same thing (cars for example) it all boils down to personal preference.

In a similar manner that some go to great lengths on defending their choice of equipment we could also break it down with blenders.

I do tip my hat to you in defending your product. I feel the same way with Safariland and their vests. Sometimes, we get so attached to a product or way of thinking. Second Chance makes good vests, would I buy them over Safariland, probably not.

~But that's just me.
                      ~Super Ninja Sniper~
                      Corbier's Commandos

Nemo me impune lacessit

Grammical and Spelling errors may occur form time to time. Yoov bin worned

Comment

• Mr. Chaple
                        • Sep 2007

"A good deed’s like pissing yourself in dark pants. Warm feeling but no one notices." - Jacob Taylor

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                        Working...