+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... Last

Default How Much to Charge a Client???

A client needs 24 hour security for a 574 unit apartment complex. He wants two guards on site per shift. Furthermore, he wants our company to provide a patrol car. How much should I charge this client for two guards for 24 hours, and a patrol car?

Default Placing a Bid

Is there a difference between a bid and a proposal? How might one place a bid for a contract?

Quote Originally Posted by GordonSecurity View Post
    A client needs 24 hour security for a 574 unit apartment complex. He wants two guards on site per shift. Furthermore, he wants our company to provide a patrol car. How much should I charge this client for two guards for 24 hours, and a patrol car?
    This is tough to answer with what you have provided. What are the wages for the officers? Are they armed or unarmed? What are the shifts... 8,10, or 12?
    "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

The officers will be paid $10 per hour. They will be unarmed. They will work 8 hour shifts.

How many man hours is the account worth? What is the prevailing man hour bid in your area? What is the risk index for the property? What duties do the guards have, which translate into additional fees?
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Hmm... Without knowing all the variables, I would say somewhere in the range of $30-35 hourly.
    "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

That is a really open end question there are a lot of things to look at. Does the client what a special uniform? Is fuel/maintenance for the vehicle included? what about health coverage? There are alot of things to really look at you want to make sure you are making money for your company. How much of a percent of overtime can you have without losing money? As a supervisor that helped start up a new site I wish I could give you a clean answer.

Quote Originally Posted by davis002 View Post
    Hmm... Without knowing all the variables, I would say somewhere in the range of $30-35 hourly.
    $30-$35? I need to close shop and relocate to where you are.

Quote Originally Posted by BadBoynMD View Post
    $30-$35? I need to close shop and relocate to where you are.
    Here, a two-man car will cost you more than that. Might have something to do with the fact that we start most armed officers at $15 an hour.

Davis and I have conversations about me trying to figure out how his firm commands such a "high" man hour rate. And yet... people pay. They get what they pay for, at least.
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law